Can we hear Father's Voice?

A forum housing typical questions about the Padgett Messages
Connie
New Friend

Re: Can we hear Father's Voice?

Postby Connie » Wed May 02, 2012 10:49 am

Dear fellows,

I just feel to add a little something here.

It seems that this thread is basically about whether you can or cannot hear Father's Voice, or rather if you believe it to be true. You can decide, that if you didn't speak to God yourself, then no one can. Or you can believe or feel something to be true, even though you haven't experienced that yourself. Many of us believe or know humans can communicate with spirits. I myself have believed in that for some years, even though I never participated in any communication with a spirit.

If you read such communications, how do you discern what is true or not? To me, all that matters is, how do I feel about this message? Do I feel touched? Does my body react with emotions? Do I feel love?

I do not care, whether a message comes from Roosevelt, Jesus, Judas or God. If it feels true and my soul is lifted, then it is True to me. If I feel touched and begin to wonder. If I feel like reading more. If I cry.

But if you read messages only through your established belief, and only consider them as true if they fit with what you already think you know, then you will definitely miss all the beauty in it. And your soul has lost a posibility for experiencing and growing into more love.

Love always,
Connie
Your gift to God is honesty. God's gift to you is Truth.

Bill
New Friend

Postby Bill » Wed May 02, 2012 10:54 am

Hi Geoff and everyone,

Ok, I will admit that at first I was taken back by the messages solely due to the Father’s name. When I read the first few, my take is that they are informational, in that the writer is new to this wonderful journey. The messages are similar to what I had received in my early days. I accepted the messages on a content level, although I felt that an advanced spirit could easily deliver them.

I wondered, why God, why would He have to, need to, etc… I presumed that He would be busy, tight schedule and all. I wondered if the writer’s ego and pride were at work, since the messages are simple truths. Again I presumed that God must write complex manuscripts. (lol) I asked my wife why I have a problem with these messages. I believe that the root of my issue (besides my ego’s presumptions of God) was girded by reading the Padgett Messages. I too believed that He doesn’t speak directly and accepted that as truth.

Truths being conveyed is the key, the author does not matter. I agree with James and the others regarding influencing the message with a name of stature. The only difference is the context of first person rather then third person which are the majority.

I am sorry to hear that people are having difficulty with the messages. I remember the faces of horror I received when I told people I have messages from the Master. I was excited about the content and wanted to share, but the name was a nonstarter for many.

- Bill

James B
Old Friend

Postby James B » Wed May 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Hey, Geoff. Zara brings this interesting quote back...

No man has ever heard the voice of God, for He has no voice. He works in a silent mysterious way, through the operation of His soul upon the soul of men, just as the coming of the Holy Ghost at Pentecost. While the Bible says that there was a noise as of a mighty wind, yet that was not perceptible to the physical ears of the disciples, but in their souls they felt the presence of such a manifestation, and in order to have mankind understand that there was this wonderful manifestation, they used the imagery of the voice of a mighty wind. So man must understand that God speaks to man through His angels, or through the communication of His Soul and theirs.

I highlighted certain sections of the quote to show something: I think that Jesus is speaking more about not being able to physically hear the voice of God, which to us is nothing new. He also talks about God's voice being subtle, which reminds me a lot about Thought Adjusters, who are in many ways our personal ambassador to the Father. That leads me to two lines of thought which are closely related:

First, that messages from the Father are transmitted through the Thought Adjuster, who has more than ample claim to use first person in this case, or;

Second, that God can indeed speak to us, but is subtle and quiet in the manner of our Thought Adjuster, and so needs a truly quiet mind and attentive soul to perceive.

Either option is fine with me. The third option is also fine: That we all don't know anything at all when it comes to what the Father is, and is not willing to do when it comes to making himself heard.

-James

Doles
Old Friend

Postby Doles » Wed May 02, 2012 2:17 pm

James wrote,
".....Hopefully the obvious quality of the messages will win people over. If not, you've done all you can."

I didn't actually want to post anything...as sometimes I feel I'm not able to bring any meaningful contributions to the conversations. However this particular post struck a note with me. I thought Geoff and many others like him had done all they could. I guess some will never satisfy! Let me just take this moment to once again say Thank You for putting all these informations out there. I know I've benefitted greatly from many of them. I hope Father would've wanted me to say this as well.
Thx & God Bless You All!
Doles
Blessings To All!

Artistdeb
New Friend

Postby Artistdeb » Wed May 02, 2012 3:06 pm

Dear Geoff,

I know that it is not pleasant to receive nasty correspondence from others who do not know. I am sure I will experience the same as my book reaches minds beyond this safe harbor. But, it is for us to know that they just do not know. And if one does not know, they do not know. Jesus, told us, forgive them, they do not know. And they will continue not to know if their minds and hearts remain closed.

This information is not to be pushed on any other, only to be available for the ardent seeker. Thank you for all your work making such available. Much seed has to be scattered. Some will be washed away and some will fall into fertile soil and grow a beautiful garden of Divine Love into such seeking hearts. And there will as well be hard and dry lsoil that will not receive the seed of this message but it will lay dormant for a new season which perhaps brings a gentle rain and softens the hardened soil, the hearts and minds of those who read today but can not yet hear.

You are doing good work. You are doing God's work. Thank you for this forum as an opportunity to share and grow in his wonderful Divine Love.

Blessings, Deb
May Your Joy Be Full -Debra Clemente
Author of: Listen Hear, A Divine Love Story (available from as PDF download from the author)

Artistdeb
New Friend

Postby Artistdeb » Wed May 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Dear Joseph,

The message you received is the same voice that speaks to me. The same words are used. The message is clear and consistent. Isn't this amazing? It is God's Amazing Grace.

"It is amazing and it is True," this voice tells me. "All so very true, so many more truths to be known and shown."

The line between the words of my mind and my heart becomes thinner everyday, as I am transformed into a Divine Love being. It truly is glorious. Yes, we have to speak. We have to write. We have to paint. We have to create. We have to express this gift to the world. We have to show what we have been given by living fully who we are to be. We have to be the light. Then, and only then, will the world have a chance to see, see a difference in our being. And thus then perchance ask, ask how we can be as we are and show up as we do?

Blessings, Deb
May Your Joy Be Full -Debra Clemente
Author of: Listen Hear, A Divine Love Story (available from as PDF download from the author)

Stu
New Friend

Postby Stu » Wed May 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi everyone!

This discussion is zipping along so fast! I had a nifty post all ready to go only to see another whole page of comments added as I composed it. Everyone seemed to make my points faster than me! :lol: I'm starting over.

I agree 100% with Connie. She almost wrote my thoughts. If this divide is really over the concept of physically hearing a voice--literally receiving the vibration of sound waves on the inner ear, then it is at best a useless diversion. The content of the message is more important than the method by which it was obtained. I understand why people feel compelled to question things, but James is also absolutely right. You cannot gain from this material by clinging to the written word like dogma. Everything changes. If we cannot adapt to these changes we fall into the same trap that most of mankind has been in for thousands of years. We must keep open minds.

The message at the heart of this discussion appears to be the one Zara quoted from. I agree that the message clearly says the Father has no "voice." But I also agree with James that this is in reference to those aspects of the Bible and other religious works that mention people literally hearing the voice of God in the way human beings can hear each other while speaking. I think this is what Zara alluded to when she said to view the message in context. It was the thrust of the post I composed and abandoned as the thread advanced.

That message was received almost 100 years ago, and we have a contemporary message from this year speaking of a special dispensation from God Himself as part of a wider plan the Celestials have spoken of for years now. A dispensation is a suspension or circumvention of the normal rules. The current body of messages from Child of God came soon afterwards. I don't know if these two events are connected or not. I do know that mankind dealt with the Father from the limited perspective of Natural Love for thousands of years. One happy day Jesus was born and everything changed--lesser laws are superseded by the higher ones. I don't see why such a change could not occur again. The Father will decide.

Somehow this idea about voice got mixed with the idea we cannot communicate with God. It was also twisted to the notion that we cannot even "hear" God with an inner voice. I reject both ideas as silly. People fear we are led astray by false words in the name of God simply because a medium speaks them or writes them. All of us deal with that one almost every time we read a message. But are people now saying that communication through a medium is possible for God's creations but not for Him? I simply cant place a limit on God.

I've read a lot of material. If the content speaks to my soul, my soul will tell me. What is false will not stand for long unless I try to enshrine it as dogma. We are not expected to be perfect from the start. Truth will remain and that's what matters most.

Geoff, I also want to offer my thanks once again for what you do to keep this site running. Please pass my gratitude along to the mediums who contribute to this site as well. I am a better person because of it.

Love to all!
Stu

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed May 02, 2012 11:03 pm

James B wrote: He also talks about God's voice being subtle, which reminds me a lot about Thought Adjusters, who are in many ways our personal ambassador to the Father. That leads me to two lines of thought which are closely related:

First, that messages from the Father are transmitted through the Thought Adjuster, who has more than ample claim to use first person in this case, or;

Second, that God can indeed speak to us, but is subtle and quiet in the manner of our Thought Adjuster, and so needs a truly quiet mind and attentive soul to perceive.

Either option is fine with me. The third option is also fine: That we all don't know anything at all when it comes to what the Father is, and is not willing to do when it comes to making himself heard.

-James

Dear James,

I used "Father" in publishing them, but I do not think it is the First Source and Centre. But equally, it would make no difference if it were. Its just that the Padgett audience is not yet into "Indwelling Spirit" and that name is very impersonal. I suspect later, it is very likely there may be a distinction drawn. But if not, I am quite happy. Jesus actually talked to his Indwelling Spirit, but was happy to call it "Father".

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed May 02, 2012 11:08 pm

Artistdeb wrote:Dear Joseph,

The message you received is the same voice that speaks to me. The same words are used. The message is clear and consistent. Isn't this amazing? It is God's Amazing Grace.

Dear Deb,

I have read enough such messages that my soul sings when I find another. And I cry in frustration at some long term Divine Love folks that are so sure its not Father. To what end? Why not just rejoice?

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed May 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Stu wrote:That message was received almost 100 years ago, and we have a contemporary message from this year speaking of a special dispensation from God Himself as part of a wider plan the Celestials have spoken of for years now. A dispensation is a suspension or circumvention of the normal rules. The current body of messages from Child of God came soon afterwards. I don't know if these two events are connected or not.

Dear Stu,

Yes these are all related. There is another thing that is not coincidence, the fact that Child of God has a major topic called "feelings". I wont expand on why I am amazed by that, but believe me its not coincidence. But as fast as long time DL folks resign from my mailing list, new ones are being added who want to explore feelings.

love,
Geoff

Return to “Questions and Answers”