Can we hear Father's Voice?

A forum housing typical questions about the Padgett Messages
Geoff
Site Admin

Can we hear Father's Voice?

Postby Geoff » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:55 am

In 1999, or shortly thereafter, I "learned" from others on the Divine Love path the "article of faith" that Father cannot talk to His Children. So it was that in June 24th, 2001, at Santa Cruz I posed this question:

Geoff: Brother Jesus, thank you for the healing that you gave me a few months ago. Thank you. I have a question, if I can say it. I've been trying to listen to my inner voice. Sometimes it irritates me when it won't change its mind, and it tells me intuitively things that I don't believe. But I have been listening to it. And I didn't hire somebody because it wouldn't change its mind. Of course, I don't know whether that was the right decision. But I did hire somebody recently that my inner voice seemed to like, and I must admit now, I have severe doubts. And I guess my question to you is, how can we be sure, we've never been told where our inner voices come from. Is this our guide? And I know it's not God, I know that much. But how can I be sure that this inner voice, that doesn't agree with my intuition sometimes, is in fact right?

Jesus: Geoff, I will say that if with your heart, you ask God to speak to you, you will hear His answer with your heart. God never fails to answer our heart's questions. But sometimes we fail ourselves to trust the answer. We may believe that what we decide is not right, because as you receive your answer, you must activate, put into motion, and effect, what it is your heart is telling you. Do not cut off His voice from your hands, Geoff. Make your hands say what your heart has heard. Make your voice speak what your heart has heard. Because, Geoff, God Loves your hands, He Loves your voice, He Loves your eyes. Let Him Love you that way. Love yourself as His instrument. And even though you may not understand or believe in the reason for things, if God's Love has spoken, have faith in that Love, have faith that you have moved in Love. As we became fishers of men, we picked up our hands, and we asked God, what do we do with these hands that only know how to fish? Let Love show you what to do with your hands.

Geoff: Thank you, Master.

Since that time, I learned a very important point. Father IS our most trusted Guide. It is He we should aspire to hear.

So, why is it that folks continue to claim that we can't hear Father? In the P Messages you will find this:

Of course, he became more truly the son of God than did any other mortal who was ever born, but that was because he became filled with the Divine Love of the Father to a greater extent than any other human being. He became so close to the Father that in his soul development he was able to commune with the Father in such a way as to realize exactly what the Father said to him, and his love made him one with the Father as he said.

and

My development in the knowledge of the truths which I taught during my public ministry, was caused by my inner spiritual faculties, and my teacher was God, who, through His angels and through my soul perceptions, caused to come to me those truths or rather the knowledge of them, and in no other way did I obtain it. I was not born with the knowledge that I was the son of God sent to earth to teach these great truths, or to announce to mankind the re-bestowal of the great gift of immortality, and the means of acquiring it. But this knowledge of my mission came to me after I became a man and had the frequent communions with God by my spiritual senses.

and

I know that I was sent by the Father to perform the mission which I performed, and that it was intended in the beginning that I should be anointed as the Christ, but this I did not know until after I became a man and was then told what my mission was by the angel and my own inner voice.

And in a contemporary message we also read:
We are born into a world that should, according to God's Plan, nurture the soul's awareness of its relationship to God and the "family of souls" who are our brothers and sisters. It was His intention that the relationships of human beings be characteristic of the purified natural love and, potentially, become of that enduring and unconditional quality of Divine Love, which He has awaiting His sincerely seeking children. But, upon the error of arrogance and pride, our potential to realize a paradise on earth was lost to humankind, and sin took hold of the hearts and minds of men and women. We lost touch with the sense of connection with God that was very real and clearly evident in the lives of our first parents.

Now, due to the distractions of materialism, it is somewhat of a struggle to find our way back to the state of awareness of our spiritual life. That is where angels come in. God has provided His children this unseen, but very real and substantial force in the form of His Messengers since the time of the fall of our first parents. Some of these were special creations that were endowed with qualities that enabled God to "use" them to convey His Love.

Now it may well be, that spirits can use mechanisms of the material to make themselves heard, whereas I suspect father talks to you in your soul, and it is there you must discern His Voice.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Can we hear Father's Voice?

Postby Geoff » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:18 pm

I posted this question elsewhere and had a response from one of the longtime folks. It seems that the basis of this "doctrine" is "logic". In other words, someone came up with the idea that "we" cannot hear God, and that became a "doctrine". I can see that there are some reasons why one would conclude that it may be hard to achieve this communication, simply because Father as we know is soul. Soul communicates to soul, so there can be no issue about Father being able to communicate with us soul to soul. Where folks got caught up, is I think in the matter of physical mediumship, such as automatic writing. While we don't really know the ins and outs of that process, we do know that spirits take control of the hand. It's reasonable to assume that this is done via the fact that the spirit has a spirit body, (as we do) and use that to interact with our physical faculties.

But making the bald statement that we cannot receive any communication from our own soul, into our material (spirit) mind, is a big call, and I think without any evidence. The mere fact that we can feel Divine Love, which we know goes into the soul, means that there is some connection from soul to material mind. Because if we feel the Divine Love physically, our material mind has been involved.

I do not know that any of the various people who do receive communications from Father (or their Indwelling Spirit) use automatic writing. One I know does speak what he gets, from a deep trance. Not sure its trance mediumship though. Might be. Others simply hear the string of thoughts in their mind.

love,
Geoff

Joseph B
New Friend

Postby Joseph B » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Dear Geoff,

When I first heard the possibility of a person communicating with Father, it occurred to me that there will be resistance to this aspect of our spiritual life.

Just as it is true that general resistance exists to the notion of spirit-mortal communications, to lift this practice a notch to the level of soul to soul communications with the Father would seem to generate the same resistive response, even (or especially) among those that accept the fact of spirit and mortal communications.

I am childlike enough to see the real possibility and thus say "Well, why not?" And if someone should come and say to me: "No, it is not possible to communicate with the Father. It is established doctrine that such communication does not exist." And at the time I hope that I may be able to say in response: "You are too late with this information! Father and I have been communicating."

With love,

Joseph

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:50 am

Joseph B wrote:And if someone should come and say to me: "No, it is not possible to communicate with the Father. It is established doctrine that such communication does not exist." And at the time I hope that I may be able to say in response: "You are too late with this information! Father and I have been communicating."

With love,

Joseph

Dear Joseph,

Yes indeed, and I would say I have had that very situation, and even so, it seems to not impress these doubters. I actually find it incredible that anyone would claim that Father "cannot". One would then ask "Why"? On the other hand, I do understand that there is an hierachy to things, and we were SUPPOSED to be able to perceive easily the lowest "level" of spiritual beings, what you and I know as "midwayers". Instead we have most people claiming the same poor midwayers don't exist. And again in my understanding, the highest level of aspiration should be to hear from Father.

love,
Geoff

Connie
New Friend

Postby Connie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Dear Geoff and Joseph,

I would like to post a comment on this thread, because I was really surprised by what seems to be a commom belief. What I share is only my personal experience, and yet, that is all that matters to me. And trust I do not want to offend anyone.

Untill I read this thread, I was convinced, that almost every human who believed in God, had conversations with God. I thought that it was what feeling a relationship with God was all about.

I never believed God existed, and until recently I did not care, to be honest. There are many reasons for that. One of them not feeling any desire to be part of that system with rules and doctrines, and people doing unloving things in the name of their God. I might have had a very negative opinion that kept me on a long distance of it all. It might have saved me.

Then for some reason I felt a deep longing inside, a longing to KNOW God, not just believe, but really KNOW and FEEL God. The desire was so strong it made me cry my eyes out. And I struggled with this strange dilemma that I desired to know God, but did not believe God existed.

Now I wonder, why do most people, who believe in some version of God, feel it is not possible to talk with God? Says who? Of course it is possible. God loves you, God wants to feel you, listen to you, know you. That is His desire, as much as it is yours. I just know that. It is not about believing, after all believing is for the mind, knowing is for the heart and soul.

Trust you can talk to God. Please do. You do not need anything or anyone to talk with God. There is no thing og no one between you and God. There is just your heartfelt desire to know God. God waits for you. Trust that. Please do.

Love always,
Connie
Your gift to God is honesty. God's gift to you is Truth.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Dear Connie,

Thank you for your heartfelt response.

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Tell me what can be
Friday – April 27, 2012
Joseph

I awoke after only 4 hours of sleep. A word came to me, and the word was this: Tell me not what cannot be … But tell me what can be.

And so I listened and then dressed, and went to my office, first to pray, and then to write. And the following is what I wrote:

Speak to me –

Tell me not what cannot be, but tell me what can be.

Let me dream the dream of grandeur and possibilities that await the soul being transformed by the great Love of our Heavenly Father.

Tell me of the Substance of the Divine Love, how it is the ingredient in the soul to change the soul as it has existed since its creation.

Let me see the glories that await the soul of the person that is in the process of being changed by Love.

Tell me not those things that cannot be: Speak to me instead of openness and freedom available for the human who is willing to experiment and dream of things that can be.

And speak to me of what Jesus meant when he wrote through James Padgett and said:

“…you, in your day, will not receive all the truths of the Infinite. Always new ones will come to the knowledge of men, and the revelations of truth will never have finality – and no man or spirit can ever be able to say that his knowledge is complete. Progress is the one law of the universe that exists always, and man, when he gets in condition, will always be the object and subject of that law.”

I heard a voice within and it said: Eye has not seen, or ear has heard, all the glories that await the soul being transformed by Divine Love.

Who will sing a new song? Where is the singer of new songs?
Where are the writers of new music of the soul?
And where are the writers of poems and stories of the new soul?

How shall the people hear, or how shall they know if the writers and singers remain silent?
Where are the builders of new gardens, those that from their dreams build homes and schools and theaters inspired by the new soul?
Where are the healers that go forth to bring healing to those that are hurt, and heal those that are lame and deaf and blind?
Where are the bringers of true medicine that truly heals and gives new life and health?

Who will show by their life the reality of the substance of the Divine Love? Will you continue to hide the things of the Divine Love under a basket?

Where are the dreamers – those that see possibilities of what can be and not what cannot be?

The Spirit of God our Heavenly Father sends forth a word to our soul. Who among you listens?

Our Father calls to us, and asks us to awaken to the glories and grandeur of the soul being transformed by the Great Love – the Divine Love.

Do not limit the extent of Love’s great possibilities.

Dare to dream; dare to allow Love to bring forth new life so that the world may behold the new man and the new woman.

Allow the Substance of Love to change you thoroughly through and through; allow Love to be the change that you desire.

Allow Love to change you … to change the way that you see your world, and the way that you think about yourself and your life. Allow Love to change you.

Do not limit the work of your transformation. Do not say what Love will not do, but rather talk about what Love will do.

Look to Love – the Divine Love – and what it will do. Allow your soul to expand and breathe new life into existence. Love – the Divine Love – is limitless; and so also is the experience and expression of Divine Love limitless.

The world awaits the children of God to show what the Divine Love will do and what human life can truly be.

The voice of many spirits who listen to the voice of the Father.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Thank you Joseph, for that beautiful message. By all means post it again yourself, then I will delete the copy I posted under my name.

love,
Geoff

Connie
New Friend

Postby Connie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:07 am

Dear Joseph,
ohh, what a beautiful message, Words of Divine Love. I feel your longing in my heart.
Love always,
Connie
Your gift to God is honesty. God's gift to you is Truth.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 am

It is interesting what a fuss this has caused within long time followers of the messages. And some of those have failed entirely to see the beauty in that message from Joseph. I do entirely accept and allow each individual to walk their own path, because I demand that right myself. But I do struggle when something that truly ignites my soul, does not have the same effect on others who I recognise as advanced souls. No doubt in 20 or 30 years from now some of us will laugh about this, but there is no laughing today. Just a quiet sadness. It surprises me the vicious grip that mindal beliefs have.

love,
Geoff

Return to “Questions and Answers”