What is the Greatest Thing in the Entire World?

A forum for general discussion of all things relating to the messages received by James Padgett and subsequent mediums, and which are hosted on this site.
bmfoster
New Friend

What is the Greatest Thing in the Entire World?

Postby bmfoster » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:01 pm

The Divine Love of Our Heavenly Father, is the greatest Thing in the entire World.

And for us to receive It, we must understand what is meant by sincere longings, and earnestness praying. Because there are a lot of people praying with their hearts but their souls are not really in their prayers.

I have to admit that when I started on this Divine Love path, although it is constantly repeated in the Padgett Messages, to pray sincerely and let your longings go out to the Father, so that His Love can come into our soul, I did not fully understand how to long for this Love. And they were time when I sat down to pray and meditate, and I would feel this pressure in my head, and I would feel like I was being embraced, but I have learned, that those feelings were only the spirit power and love of our guides and guardian angels, which was a beautiful feeling, but it was NOT the Fathers love that I thought that I was receiving. I did not quite understand the longings and to how to long for the Love.

And it does not matter how many volumes of the Padgett messages you’ve studied and read or how often you read them or how versed you are at explaining, them which is indeed great work; but these things will NOT bring the Father’s Love into your souls, these things do not open up the soul; neither do good thoughts and deeds.

YOU alone have to take serious time out of your daily lives-schedule and apply the sincerity and earnest longings of your soul to your prayers to the Father, for HIS LOVE to flow into your soul, otherwise our souls will still be lacking the true spirituality needed to put you on the Divine Love Path.
I just thought that I might share this as someone may be able to relate to it.

Sisterly Love
Brenda

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: What is the Greatest Thing in the Entire World?

Postby Geoff » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:43 pm

Dear Brenda,

Yes that is so.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

James B
Old Friend

Postby James B » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:56 am

Given Brenda's beautiful post, I thought I'd leave this tidbit:

When I first found the messages, I soaked them up like a sponge, thinking that finally there was a grain of truth I could investigate. Much like Brenda, I didn't really understand what longing really was. Some kind of peace, or a conscious choice, perhaps?

Somewhere along the way, late October 2009, something dawned on me concerning my relationship with the Father: What if, no matter how much love I gave, and no matter how kind and affectionate I was, my cat Pepe avoided me at all costs? Hissed at me? Bit me? Hid across the house from me? Would I not be sad, injured, because of it? What if, in some tiny individual way, I was doing the same to the Father? What if I was causing him pain? It didn't matter to me that it was God I was talking about, and that He must reap great happiness from countless others - just the idea that I might be unknowingly causing Him pain jarred me to the core.

It was all I could think about that day as I drove my bus route. On that route, that day, was the first time I successfully reached out to the Father - a painful, desperate plea.

It took exactly 5 seconds to feel the answer. First a massive feeling of expansion in my head, much like Brenda describes, and then later the telltale burning in my heart that seems a commonplace feeling of the Divine Love. It was euphoric, and nothing has been the same since.

There exists on the 11:11 site a message that speaks of "Effortless Effort," and I agree with it 100%. While we do, as Brenda says, have to choose to devote time and attention to the Father, the longings and their sincerity shouldn't feel like effort - neither physical, nor mental - because they're something else entirely. They should feel right, and absolute - a conviction that defies all mortal description - and when the connection is made, you *know.*

I've never been able to *will* the connection to receive Divine Love. It's always more of a surrender - an opening of a door. It's passive. I had to learn how to trust all over again, to let someone in, someone whose power makes me seem like nothing. It was (and is) a big thing for me - it's like handing over the administrator's password to your operating system, knowing that all kinds of damage could be done to you, but betting on God's Love and Desire to care for you. And now, more than two years later, life has never been simpler, and it continues to improve in subtle ways that I'd have never noticed before now.

And it is indeed the best thing in the world.

-James

edit: cleaned up a typo. -J

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:00 am

Dear James,

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts. Would you be willing to post something like that here: http://www.divine-bliss.net/testimonials/

love,
Geoff

James B
Old Friend

Postby James B » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:04 am

Will do, Geoff. Hope you don't mind a copy-paste job edited for grammar.

-James

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:44 am

Dear James,

It was just great. Many thanks.

love,
Geoff

bmfoster
New Friend

Postby bmfoster » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:26 pm

Dear James,

It is always a great thing when the Father's children comes to realization that He is there waiting with out-stretched Arms for us to turn to Him; and yours I am sure was a great realization.

"the longings and their sincerity shouldn't feel like effort" -

I know how you feel, but I found that until I made the effort to let my longings go out to the Father, and to long for the Father's Love, it did not come into my soul; however after I had received a certain amount of the Love, I realized that as time went by, it was just a matter of knowing that the Love was there surrounding us and wanting it. Now it comes into my soul even without me asking for it.

My soul is now on Auto pilot, according to my Spirit Guide, Murian. However, this does not mean that I, or one, should stop praying for the Love; but she explained to me why I had reached the sphere that I was in so soon, when she told me that my soul was on auto pilot.

Nice to meet you James B,
Peace, Light & Love
Brenda

James B
Old Friend

Postby James B » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Nice to meet you too!

Autopilot is a good way to describe it! I think we're on the same wavelength - the more Love you receive, the more and automatic it becomes. You're right about continuing to pray, though - at this point, it's kind of like brushing my teeth, an essential part to my day.

-James

Return to “General Discussion of the Padgett Messages”