How to reach God

A forum housing typical questions about the Padgett Messages
William
Old Friend

Re: How to reach God

Postby William » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:33 pm

Dear Connie,
I am so pleased to read your message here. It is an almost exact reflection of my own experience.
With AJ one soon finds their way there, I did very quickly. I spoke to him in the first few visits and looked into eyes. It was like I was reading his mind. I soon found this site like you and haven't looked back.
I felt the exact same thoughts. All my friends and family are like yours. I struggled with the very thought of connecting to GOD ( <---- i still feel a little embarrassment admitting I believe in GOD). I keep it close if you know what I mean.
The warm glow you feel is great news. I had it just reading your messages here. It is strange when it appears. You will be surprised.
I read the whole book of the Padgett messages Joseph B. and Peter H. distributed. I decided to focus on this, as the emotional processing is simply not my style. I never even tried that.
I also followed the divine prayer as you have done. Like you I was terribly distracted. I would re read a line time and time again. I ended up just listening to Care Darby Walsh reading it. Now days like you I do my own thing and even three years later still experience doubts.
I think what Joseph has said is a great tip. Keep going little by little. You will find you can't move away from it now anyway. It is with me constantly . Not something I expected.
I will buy The Choice having read your thread here. Can I recommend to you the three RJ Lees books. They are riddled with teachings of the Padgett messages. I am reading them a second time with a greatly increased knowledge and I see so much more than the first time I read them.
You are not alone, there are others Connie.
Love to all
William
Last edited by William on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 pm

Dear Bill,

Great to see you here, and I trust 2012 will be a blessed year for you.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Connie
New Friend

Postby Connie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:17 am

Dear William,

I felt really comforted by your message. It even made me cry. Sometimes I feel so far away from God and wonder will I ever feel His constant presence in my life. There are times of huge doubts that God exists, but what helps me is to connect to this longing inside,which I know I feel for a reason.

Feeling embarrassed about talking about God and the strong urge to know God, I can relate to that. Not many of my friends and relatives know of my great desire to know God. And if I talk about it, they ask why? And I have no answer to that. I feel being honest is really important and I constantly consider how open I must be about my longing and if I am dishonest not telling everone about it. But I am honest to God and I trust God understands how it is difficult to me. And since this is personal and not something to be shared to convince anyone else, I feel it is okay this way.

For each and everyone this longing is special and noone can do it for you, but it is really important with fellows along the way. I trust that following my longing, being open to what shows up will bring me closer little by little. Sometimes I feel I am blind to the touch of God because I search for a specific sign to proof His existence.

I am now reading the book "Through The Mists", and I like it. I am also reading "Book of Truths". I am so happy these book exists.

I have been really distracted for some time, daily life and worries seem to squezze in between me and God. It means I haven't been praying and reading that much. And I feel it is of importantance with some routines, even though I do not really like that word.

Thank you, William.

Love always,
Connie
Your gift to God is honesty. God's gift to you is Truth.

Tim
Old Friend

Postby Tim » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi Connie, All,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I really do enjoy learning about how our father’s love has been making a difference.

Far too often, I find myself regretting that I haven’t used prayer as much as I could have. Then, when I stop judging myself and gain perspective again, the benefits and blessings that have resulted from being awake and aware of the love start to become apparent. I can see the effects have cascaded into _all things_. Despite my lack of effort, there has been clear progress; however, I can only describe it as you have, “subtle”. The ability to see what _has_ changed makes a big difference and that ability is not static.

Unless I’m focused, I’m hopelessly unobservant. Even during the times that I don’t think I could be more focused, with few exceptions, I’ve been largely oblivious to any wondrous feelings that may occur while praying for father to improve my soul. I’ve had some instances of almost overwhelming emotional experiences, but nothing I would call knock-down drag-out and while I could call them related, I couldn’t directly attribute them to a particular instance of prayer. While everyone’s experiences and sensitivities are different, honestly, I never expected something more. Regardless, I do occasionally experience a radiating, warm sensation, centered beneath my sternum, that I can’t attribute to a ready physical explanation and self-perpetuated or not, it steers my thoughts and brightens the moment.

Doubts still come and go… I’ve spent much time researching various facets of the “afterlife” and “paranormal”, including alternative religious systems and I can certainly relate to a need for “proof”. Like many here, I chose this path with a complete lack of support from those I live with day to day, but after a while, that didn’t seem to matter. Things changed, including myself, and at some point, I didn’t feel alone anymore. Besides, I don’t think any follower of the Divine Love path found it without some help in the form of prompts or influence.

Hope this helps. Love & blessings to each and every one of you,
Tim

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Tim wrote:I chose this path with a complete lack of support from those I live with day to day, but after a while, that didn’t seem to matter. Things changed, including myself, and at some point, I didn’t feel alone anymore. Besides, I don’t think any follower of the Divine Love path found it without some help in the form of prompts or influence.

Dear Time,

Yes I am sure we can all relate to that.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Artistdeb
New Friend

Postby Artistdeb » Wed May 02, 2012 5:54 pm

It might interest you all to know that I began praying for the infilling of Divine Love before I read the Padgett messages. Below is an excerpt from my book which tells this story.

It’s also true that prayer had lost its power and magic over me. I had continually turned to “the Church” for answers and comfort and left at a loss for all. My needs were not met. My answers were not coming. But God, or the idea I had always held of God, had a hold on me and said keep looking, seek and ye shall find. One very important thing, actually I know it was the most important thing I have ever found, proclaimed and received is a Divine Love prayer titled, The Prayer Perfect. I found on the internet, happened upon, as it seemed while on this truth quest. The person that posted it challenged the reader to pray the prayer twice daily for fifteen minutes and that whoever did so would never experience life again the same. There would be a wondrous, internal and permanent change. So as is always my way, I didn’t follow his prayer outline to the letter or even the word. Just as I can’t seem to follow a recipe as written, I cannot pray some else’s prayer. So, I created my own inspired by the given prayer. Mine was simpler and flowed gracefully from my lips. Most importantly, I could remember it and creatively embellish it with flourishing concepts as I prayed and desired in prayer.

Divine Love fill me
Divine Love flow through me
Divine Love be me.

That’s pretty much the just of it. So I did it, every time I remembered about it I stopped and said it. I wasn’t even sure what “Divine Love” was. It didn’t really feel like a prayer or sound like one, almost like an incantation or a spell.

I remember shortly there after things changing for me. More and more my actions, my seemingly thoughtless actions, surprised me. By “thoughtless,” I don’t mean not considerate of others. I mean I didn’t pre-think my actions and they were so amazingly thoughtful of others it was if I knew beyond my own mind how to be of the right help at the right time for all others. I would continually say and do the right thing. “Hold on a minute,” I heard a voice inside me say, “You are surprised at your actions but haven’t you just been praying for God’s love to flow through you and become you?” Was I? Did I? Is that what Divine Love was? I needed to know, for I had never heard it spoken of that way. Divine Love, what was it really? What was happening to me and had any other experienced such and written about it?
May Your Joy Be Full -Debra Clemente
Author of: Listen Hear, A Divine Love Story (available from as PDF download from the author)

Artistdeb
New Friend

Postby Artistdeb » Wed May 02, 2012 6:10 pm

It is the intention of the heart that God hear and responds to. Words are not needed. Specific words are not needed. Desire is the key, the desire to know and feel and be the more God is. You have to open your heart and mind to the possibility to know, feel and be more than you are. Ask God to show himself to you through his love, his Blessed Divine Love.

Here is the simple prayer I pray.

Divine Love Fill Me
Divine Love Flow Through Me
Divine Love Be Me

Blessings, Deb
Author of: Listen Hear, A Divine Love Story (available from as PDF download from the author)

Artistdeb
New Friend

Postby Artistdeb » Wed May 02, 2012 6:14 pm

Find a way, a way to me. There are so many paths because you come from so many different directions. Find your own way. There are many a guiding light but you have to look. You have to seek. You have to deeply desire. Desire higher. It’s all within, not with out. What you find you keep. But you have to look, look deep. Continue my dear to seek, to see the light. Step into it. Don’t wait for your last breath find peace now within your depth. Be this light. Shine so bright. All will see how much you love me. I love you this you know. Now’s the time the world you show.

See the good. Don’t look for trouble. You’ll always find what you’re looking for. All the bad will fall away don’t give it any water or time of day. See beyond appearances.

Excerpt from the book - Listen, Hear, A Divine Love Story

Return to “Questions and Answers”