Books based on the Padgett Messages

A forum for general discussion of all things relating to the messages received by James Padgett and subsequent mediums, and which are hosted on this site.
Geoff
Site Admin

Books based on the Padgett Messages

Postby Geoff » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:42 am

The books that I have with summaries are on this page:

A Selection of Books on the material received by James Padgett and Dr Samuels.
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Zara Borthwick
Family

Re: Books based on the Padgett Messages

Postby Zara Borthwick » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:55 am

For the benefit of the reader and the availability of online resources, I would like to make a statement relating to my involvement with the publications of the Padgett messages. This year, 2010, to date I have published four books and have an online freestanding website. These four books are called:
The Gift of Divine Love, an Introduction to the Padgett Messages; The Padgett Messages Vol l and ll; and a hardcover large book, The Padgett Messages. These were published in 2008.

There are many publications of the Padgett material available online today. The material is free for people to publish in any context they feel as being suitable for their needs. Whether these needs are true or not, rests with the publisher and the reader to discern. My position as a publisher of the material is that I do not support or endorse the teaching of reincarnation or using and taking James Padgett’s name and Jesus’ teachings to facilitate an agenda. The books I have published are without my involvement in any organisation or other person’s religious or spiritual belief. Any other works I have published online, whilst freely available to the reader, are derived from my own experience of Love and Spirit and this may include working with those spirits who are living in God’s Divine Love. These works remain published online or in print with copyright belonging to the author in my name.

As the years progress I foresee that the Padgett material as a resource will continue to be published and discussed in a diverse range of experience and versions and interpretations. Being a publisher of the material and contributor toward the vision of Love and Spirit, I felt an obligation of responsibility to write this statement so that my position is clear and in no way affiliated with any other religious or spiritual mortal framework.

Zara
04 November 2010

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:16 pm

Thank you Zara,

However, it is easy to read your statement as implying that others have had agendas, and that some publications of the Padgett Messages should be avoided? I am not sure you meant that, and can only add my personal experience of these messages.

I have only found one book, where the publisher, has actually inserted a complete sentence that cannot be found in the originals, and which while possibly viewed by some as a "clarification" in my view is so at variance that I do not list that book on my list above. The weird thing is that I agree with the contents of the insertion, but disagree very strongly with the notion that an editor should make such significant changes, which the casual reader will view as "original". Its a message I view as being in error, and on my web site I say so, in a footnote.

I am still working my way through my own version of the Fat Book, and what a job it is proving. I am only half way, but am using the exercise to check the book against two web sites, and the originals.

Having now contacted Zara, I understand where she is coming from, and am not yet sure how I personally will handle the same issue. It relates to a good friend of ours who has now published a book in support of AJ. AJ is the fellow who believes he is Jesus. He is also a member of this site, and will of course always be a friend, yet having shown his colours, we of the "other side" need to learn how to handle the challenge in a loving way.

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon May 09, 2011 12:06 am

After some research I have created a summary of the out of print versions of the original books. That is here: Out of Print Volumes of True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus

It is curious how many titles have been used, and to be honest I am not yet at the bottom of the whole story.

In 1941 two titles were used, neither being exactly that which we know today, as far as I can see. (But I may be wrong) One certainly is "True Gospel Revealed Again by Jesus" in the paper back edition. I am not sure of my facts here, but think the hard cover 1941 was "True Gospel Revealed Anew from Jesus"

then "Book of Truths", then "Messages from Jesus and Celestials" till finally "True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus"

If anyone has a First or Second Edition, please let me know, as I plan to offer pdfs of the intro pages, so anyone can see exactly what they had.

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue May 10, 2011 2:07 am

I found this snippet of history, the Library of Congress record of the copyright that Dr Stone registered:

It is interesting that here, in 1950, he registers the copyright for the 1941 volume, and only registers one of the titles he used in 1950. As he used "Book of Truths" and "Messages from Jesus and Celestials" in that year.

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed May 11, 2011 5:46 am

Another interesting thing, is there is an errata for Vol I, and I have discovered that the main body (messages) are unchanged since 1941. So I have some corrections to make, and I will also try to get the rest of the Vol I onto my site somewhere.

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:05 am

I have created a fifth edition of this Volume I of the very first book Dr Stone created (True Gospel Revealed anew by Jesus) and published it as an e-book (Kindle) where it can be purchased for $2.99.

http://www.amazon.com/True-Gospel-Revea ... B005G0NIC6

I think its fair to call this a new edition, as I have applied the errata, added dates, and added a footnote to every duplicated message (eighteen in Vol I) plus used messages that have been compared word by word in the place of these duplicated messages. However I have tried to otherwise have exactly the text that Dr Stone had, with no changes. I did see fit to change the paragraphs, and sometimes shorten long sentences. While my view does not extend to that of the FCNB who "would not alter a comma" I think that originality is important in this initial series. I did however discover that the index provided by Dr Stone was lacking in structure, he appeared to start out with some sections, then lost his way. This presented a challenge in a TOC system that expects structure.

This e-book can in fact be read on any computer, you do not have to have a Kindle device. Amazon supplies a free "Kindle for PC" which will integrate with the Amazon purchase process. So, once you have installed that software, and told it your amazon account details, one click purchase and thirty seconds later you have your e-book.

Kindle for PC Download

What this Amazon page could do with now are some feedback comments, so if anyone feels so moved, that would be appreciated.

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:07 am

I have just been made aware of a website that promotes a compilation of the P Messages arranged in "what happens after death" format. This is here: http://www.whayd.com/

love,
Geoff

Matt
New Friend

Postby Matt » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Loved the list of the various publications on the Padgett Messages. I had never seen pictures of the earliest editions. All very interesting to me. The earliest I have in my possession is the 1956 edition given to me by my Mother many years ago. I would like to pass along my gratitude to you Geoff for all you have done here and in the other ways you have assisted in this important cause.

Love,
Matt

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Dear Matt,

Welcome, and glad you liked the images and details of the old volumes.

love,
Geoff

Return to “General Discussion of the Padgett Messages”