How to reach God

A forum housing typical questions about the Padgett Messages
Connie
New Friend

How to reach God

Postby Connie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:22 am

Dear Geoff and list members,

I post my correspondance with Geoff here concerning some reflections and questions about reaching God by prayer, when you do not believe, and whether feeling your blockages is neccesary to feel Gods love. I do this since Geoff mentions it might be an interesting subject for others as well. If anyone has any comments, you are most welcome to join this conversation.

Look in the bottom of this message to read my first post to Geoff.

Dear Geoff,

Thank you for your reply, I feel really comforted by that.

I actually tried two different "types" of prayer: "The Divine Love prayer" and My own. My own prayer is just talking to God about my daily life, my problems and hopes for the future. It also has a real personal and intimate part about how I do not feel His love and how much I am longing for it. Sometimes it is almost like a cry for help. It is really emotional and I feel a great sadness and tears often starts running.

What I experience about the Divine Love Prayer is my mind constantly slipping in, asking what I am doing, I get really distracted. It is difficult to feel connected to my heart. I feel this is because praying is so unfamiliar to me and I feel "silly". My mind constantly wants to keep me from doing it.

What I learn from this is, that finding a personal way to talk to God is really important. And to be totally honest to God about NOT being able to believe and NOT feeling his love. And to be patient and forgiving with myself. It seems like a long way for a person like me who has been an atheist, and lived with likeminded people for almost 50 years. Of course it is not easy. There is also fear involved, stepping out of the box and suddenly longing to know GOD! For almost everyone I know, this is loosing my mind and getting crazy.

I will keep on praying my own prayers about my longing, my fears, my frustration, sorrow - more confident now, that this will bring me to know God. Trusting everything (God) is working His own perfect way.

In Love and Thanks,
Connie

Dear Connie,

Gee you have raised some excellent points, and its a great pity its hidden away here in PM's.

You can't do something you can't believe in, yet, I would say I am 100% sure you did get an inflowing of the love. The actual sensation can vary between people, but it sounds so right.

There is a case in the messages regarding someone who did not believe in God, and a form of prayer was given, so I will try and find it: I found this one from Ingersoll, who was an atheist: http://new-birth.net/tgrabjvol4/minor673.htm I this was the one I was looking for: http://new-birth.net/tgrabjvol4/minor723.htm

Regarding AJ, he likes to claim that the Divine Love cannot clear ..(fill in here)..... well, I think he is 100% wrong. Provided that you can make that soul to soul connection with God, the Divine Love will fix anything and everything.

I actually asked for confirmation of that, and got it, and the celestial added that AJ is wrong.

However, where AJ has a point, is that some people are so scarred by life, that their ability to love is damaged. In this case, it becomes extremely hard to reach out to a nebulous form (God) when you can't love those around you, or yourself. In this case I believe that some help is required, but as to whether AJ is best qualified to do that work, I leave to others to judge. And the best form of that work, I am also not best to judge.

If I were you, I would at this time worry less about the Divine Love, and try to pray along the lines, that if there be a God, you would like Him to help you discern His presence in your life. I personally have absolutely no doubt He exists, simply because of things that have happened. And I also believe that His response always comes, when we genuinely seek. So I am sure He will answer, in a way that works for you.

Not sure I have answered all your questions,
Have a blessed Christmas
love,
GeoffQuote ConnieHow to reach God
Sent: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:29 am
by Connie

Hi dear Geoff,

I write to you to have your advice and reflections on some problems I am experiencing.

About two months ago I started "The great experiment". It was difficult, since praying was very unfamiliar to me, and basically I don't believe there is a God. I did this because even though I don't believe, I want to know God, there is this longing for hope and meaning.

During the first month I experienced feeling very close to my heart every now and then. The way I experienced it was a very soft feeling, mostly like sadness or sorrow. I am not quite sure whether it felt nice or not. Maybe I just have a lot of sorrow stored inside...

The last month has been very difficult, I almost haven't been able to pray. I am overwhelmed by my mind, I guess. It is not possible for me to reach that state of connection to my heart that I felt the first month.

I am confused, and I would be very glad if you could write a little about this:

I know a teacher, who has been of great help by transmissions and workshops. She is now with AJ Miller. She tells me that I cannot reach God if I resist feeling the emotions that blocks my way to God. God will not remove my blocks even if I pray for it. So I must ask God, not to remove my blocks, but to feel the emotions that create those blocks.

Then I ask myself if I am unwilling to do feel those emotions out of fear, and if this is why I am not feeling God's love yet?

What is your feelings about this? Do you personally know of any who changed from a dis-believer to a really knower of God, really feeling God's precence - just by praying? And how can you pray honestly if you don't believe?

LOVE always - and a lovely, peaceful, heartful Christmas,
Connie

PS: I read your book about reincarnation, a real eye-opener and I am still integrating the concepts of no reincarnation and the impacts it has on my beliefs. I am now reading "The Urantia Book", "Love without End" by Glenda Green and "The Choice" by Joseph Babinsky - the last one is especially helpful at the moment.
Your gift to God is honesty. God's gift to you is Truth.

Joseph B
New Friend

Re: How to reach God

Postby Joseph B » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:35 pm

Dear Connie,

Firstly, I was drawn to this post just because of the title! How to reach God

What a profound title. It speaks to me from both sides -- as a question: How to Reach God? And then as an exclamation: How to Reach God!!

But then, after I read your post, and then went to read your initial letter to Geoff, I felt that I had to come and write something ... for I saw that you mentioned my name and the book with the title The Choice.

I want to ask you a question: Did you finish the book? I am most curious because if you have finished it, I want ask what you felt when you read the last section, the Epilogue? If you have not finished the book and not read the Epilogue, I would recommend you read it. It may help you in your longing for an answer, how to reach God.

Geoff gave you 2 references or links to messages. These are good. Another that I would suggest (and one of my favorites) is one that Padgett received in the first few months after he started to receive communications from spirits. It's found on page 93 in chapter 7 of The Choice. Hugh Taggart did not believe in God. I can almost hear the cry of his heart when he 'yells' -- "How am I to attempt to do that in which I have no faith?" His friend Mackey had a similar problem.

God hears our prayers, however faint and feeble; but more than this, He hears the cry of our soul. It sounds to me like you are on the right track, Connie. Don't faint or give up. As a friend told me many years ago in a similar situation, "Keep on keeping on." Every day I remind myself of this and I try again, and prayer works!! Why does prayer work? Simply because our Father loves us. Pray in whatever way you like or desire. Don't even call it prayer if you don't want. Love will come to you!

With love,

Joseph

Connie
New Friend

Postby Connie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Dear Joseph,

Thanks so much for your reply. No, I haven't finished your book yet, but will read the epilogue tonight. I am deeply touched by the love I feel on this site, through the messages and the people here.

It is so wonderful how we are guided in our lives, at first it seems like coincidences - but so meaningful...

This was how it progressed: I got to this site via the AJ Miller site, and the reference to the Padgett-messages. I found out that you had been involved in these messages and I saw the picture posted on AJ Millers site, where you and AJ stands together, AJ with his arm around you. I kept coming back to that picture for several days and it made me so curious that there was a note saying that you had wanted to be removed from their site. Why did this man looking so wise and warm, wish to be removed from the site? Then on the front page of New-birth.net I saw the note "If you arrived here, seeking information about A.J. Miller, please read this link". This was exactly why I arrived at the site. Reading the link touched something deep inside me, a place in my heart, like truth was revealed. It was like a shell was opened and a pearl appeared. I feel happy, so much information and messages to read, references to books, people with whom I can honestly share what is in my heart. The feeling that this is the end of my search. The feeling that I can reach out for help. Thank you.

I will reach God one day, I know.

LOVE always,
Connie

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Connie wrote:I will reach God one day, I know.

LOVE always,
Connie

Dear Connie,

Absolutely, and both Joseph and I will rejoice with you. And in fact all of those who walk in Father's Light.

And thank you Joseph for responding here, and thank you Connie for putting your Private Message to me, out here, where many will benefit from it.

By the by, all those books are excellent, but I would probably read Joseph's and then Love without End. Those are probably going to help you greatly at this stage. Pay a lot of attention to Love without End, and in the middle, there is a meditation about entering your sacred center, and it too brings Divine Love.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Zara Borthwick
Family

Postby Zara Borthwick » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 am

Hi Connie,

In my experience, one thing that I have learnt is that the Divine Love offers a relationship with God that will last for a very long time. The search for God, I have found, is a realistic thing to do because it is an acknowledgement that we are more in potential as an individual than we believe ourselves to be. This brings the reality of our own finite soul into our life.

The search for God is true for God has provided with us the perfect searchlight, being the abundance and continuous presence of the Divine Love available!

As in all relationships that we form through our life experience, beginnings often determine the kind of relationship that may evolve. It would appear that whilst you were seeking a truth or answers to your needs, you were deceived or manipulated into believing something true, that eventually resulted in that manipulation of truth of being an error. Now that you have left that situation, you are free to experience a new beginning, and as I have experience and found to be true, a relationship with God has primarily taught me about faith and much more which does take time but is the joy of living with God each day!

Good luck and in the balance of life, a little bit of faith and a drop of the Love goes a long way!

(if faith is illusive and unknown to you, then there is nothing wrong in this but part of your beginning to know God and to feel that companionship in your new beginning and a step in the right direction.)
Love,
Zara

Connie
New Friend

Postby Connie » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:55 am

Hi dear fellows,

Today and tomorrow I am alone. I have two days on my own to read and write and I will use these days in an attempt to move closer to God.

Every morning when I wake up, I lie my bed, trying to feel whats inside, and to feel if something happened during the night, which has brougth me closer to God. For quite some time now I have felt more disconnected for each day. I haven't even been able to sit and pray and write.

This morning was a bit different. Yesterday night I listened to a blessing from Jeshua through Glenda Miller. To be honest I feel asleep. I woke up just when Glendas voice faded away. At first I felt embarrased but then I forgave myself. I had quite some challenging days during Christmas and felt exhausted. It is important to be able to forgive oneself.

After the blesssing, I read some pages in Joseph's book "The Choice". I am very attracted to this book - it speaks to me. There is a soft melancholy, I could even hear his voice as my own sometimes. At the same time I feel a little anxious when reading the book. It is the same feeling that keeps me from praying and talking to God.

I read the Epilogue, as Joseph suggested. "No One is Ever Alone". It made me cry. I do feel alone, bus this Epilogue and the words from Joseph's friend touched this place inside my heart - Hope.

This morning I woke up, and as always I searched inside to feel if something felt different. Did my relationship with God change during the night?

Yes, something felt different. I felt, I now believe that God exists. But I do not feel more happy. I guess that during the last months, where I have had this longing to believe in God, I felt that moving beyond not believing, would change everything. It was merely a matter of convincing my mind what my heart feel as Truth.

It is not so. I just feel more disconnected. I even feel guilt. Because I still cannot feel Gods love. I must forgive myself.

I sit here feeling a burning flame inside my chest. Is it hope? It might be God' s way of telling me, He hears me. That he want's me to connect wit Him. I do hope so.

Love is the answer- al ways,
Connie

Connie
New Friend

Postby Connie » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:19 am

Hi again,
Just a correction to anyone who do not know, and might be interested - blessings and many other ressorces of Jeshua, are from Glenda Green, not Miller, as I wrote in my recent post.

Connie

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Connie wrote:I sit here feeling a burning flame inside my chest. Is it hope? It might be God' s way of telling me, He hears me. That he want's me to connect wit Him. I do hope so.

Love is the answer- al ways,
Connie

Dear Connie,

By Jove, you have it!!! Wonderful. It is however a journey, and that journey takes a great deal of time, and has its ups and downs.

love,
Geoff

Connie
New Friend

Postby Connie » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:11 am

Hi from Connie to everyone,

I feel to post a little about my progress, since something really subtle is happening. Maybe I expected one huge life changing event to convince me that I reached God. What is happening is that every day I feel a little more light in my heart, despite outer circumstances. And then there is this feeling that God waits for me. He is so patient with me and wants me to be patient with myself as well. I can actually feel Gods love. This is so beautiful and it fills my heart.

When I feel into my heart and soul, my wounds are slowly disappearing. Instead my heart is filled with love.

What is also interesting is, that I almost have given up praying the Divine Love Prayer. I feel that God has felt my intention and my desire and that he understands that praying is difficult for me. Instead our connection goes through writing and expressing my feelings and emotions. And how perfect is that, because each of us are unique and our way to God is also unique. We have been gifted with this longing to feel God but we have also been gifted with our own unique way to reach God. God wants me to develop and express my gifts so that I may feel joy as well. So my longing for God has developed my desire to write and brought back what was of great joy to me in my childhood.

Through this I have been healed for a huge wound from my childhood. I stopped writing when I was about twelve years old, because I was humiliated by my teacher, whom I loved and adored. Writing was something I was good at, until this one day, where she said something that stopped me from writing all at once.

I feel so very grateful.

Love always - Always love ;-),
Connie

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:19 am

Dear Connie,

All of what you have to share sounds so right. Its not words that cause us to make a connection, so why should your approach be "wrong"?

love,
Geoff

Return to “Questions and Answers”