Recent messages thread

A forum housing typical questions about the Padgett Messages
Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Recent messages thread

Postby Geoff » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:58 pm

James B wrote:Messages like FAB's that read along the lines of "keep faith, change is coming" only matter if that change is somewhat immediate (read as: within our lifetime, preferably noticing foreshadowing elements presently).

Dear James,

Knowing FAB extremely well, I would say these parts are essentially personal.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Zara Borthwick
Family

Postby Zara Borthwick » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi James,

You have conveyed some good points about your experience relating to the question of the medium and spirit's messages. My comment probably relates to all of us who have an interest in reading material from spirits, because there is this belief that we are receiving/reading something from individuals who *know* more than we do -- and quite possibly more than the medium! This sets up a 'can-of-worms' in the realm of mediumship.

When you and I write a post as we have done, and publish it on these forums, we are essentially (or hopefully) writing from a position of responsibility, for we write from our own experience and understanding. The medium can write or receive and publish without having to explain anything, even though the material can impact a person's life. There is no better example than the Padgett Messages and with the UBook in the front cover it states the author, Anonymous . So who takes responsibility for the words written and conveyed? If the medium was asked questions about the nature in the message itself, how does the medium respond?

On the other hand, part of the beauty of spirit messages is that chunks of information can be communicated, published involving medium and spirits, and no one has to take any responsibility. The realm of spirituality is creative and free from a human perspective, yet how does this relate to a true human experience and condition? In other words, if the Divine Love is true and the teachings support it, then how does this relate with a true condition in a human experience that has value and responsibility if the spirit's themselves teach us that ones' soul progression is ultimately about being accountable for ones' actions in the way in which they have lived their life?

Just some thoughts,
With love,
Zara

James B
Old Friend

Postby James B » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Exactly.

With Divine Love (at least for me), there is a strong physical sensation to accompany it, that feels unlike anything else. It's not anything like physical pain or pleasure, it's not like an energy center like a heart chakra, it's extremely unique. Following shortly along came some gradual but serious changes in perspective. It'd be interesting to compare "first time" Divine Love stories, but that's slightly off-topic here.

I mention that because I think that the original Padgett Messages' original intent was exactly what I ended up doing: Realizing that there was absolutely no downside to praying for the Father's Love, and giving it a shot. After all, what was the worst that could happen? Nothing?

I don't think it's a matter of responsibility rather than credibility. An anonymous person using a website, a book, or even youtube to publish a work that is coherent, consistent and possesses sound reasoning and convincing examples will have their work accepted and believed by a significant number of people. The work becomes the focus of people's support, rather than its creator, but the support is largely the same.

If spirits took care to cross-reference their messages -- that is, to ensure that their messages refer to other messages given at some previous time to another person, then despite some bumps in communication between people, we would create over years a self-referencing, coherent and consistent body of spirit messages that all carry the same theme and create within them an inherent sense of trust. Skeptics can say what they like, but it would offer strong circumstantial evidence for spirits giving messages to a medium in Europe to reference messages given to a medium in the United States, with those messages making reference to ones given in Australia... well, you get the point.

Just like the Padgett Messages, the truth of one communication could be supported by the content of another, and so on and so on until the body of messages as a whole is irrefutable by anyone who allows even slightly for the existence of spirits. I'm sure it would work.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:26 pm

James B wrote:If spirits took care to cross-reference their messages -- that is, to ensure that their messages refer to other messages given at some previous time to another person,

Dear James,

An interesting idea, but you will find that you can find these yourself, if you really want to. I am no longer surprised to see spirits outside of the DL circles to teach about Divine Love. But I still find great resistance from many long time folks within DL circles to these messages, because inevitably they are that little bit different. So the problem is not the spirits, but the humans. In fact we not long ago were told that the Urantia Book and the Padgett Messages are so "different" to avoid arguments. In fact the spirits but a distance between these. Because both these works were going on about the same time, and certainly Dr Samuels was receiving at the same time as the Urantia book was complete. And the Urantia Book was being received while the P Messages were complete. Lots of opportunity for cross-referencing, but in fact they seemed to want no referencing.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Zara Borthwick
Family

Postby Zara Borthwick » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:11 am

Dear James and Geoff,

James, you have raised good points in your writing. As you mentioned, a question of credibility in response to my point of responsibility -- I like what you said and the general awareness about the circumstances surrounding credibility.

Geoff made comment about the UBook and the Padgett messages, and followers or readers and the material that the spirits gave for each book. My perception and experience of these works confirms how unique each work is, and that any comparison, while of interest to the reader, will only confirm how different they are. There is nothing to argue about these books, for the way in which they were delivered and the reason behind the material and what the material might be used for is different by its very nature.

I feel James, that in your writing you may have touched on a point about information from different sources in differing countries given around the same time, offering cross-referenced proof or consistency. Is this heading /leading toward a universal approach for Love, Spirit and Truth? Ultimately by the mere fact that enough spirits communicate the same thing to diverse mediums in differing countries gradually a consistent theme develops that becomes accepted by the readers and both the Padgett Messages and UBook may struggle to be accepted worldwide because the material is conveyed by spirits without a real sense of human authorship.

The Divine Love presents our real opportunity to learn about a universal Love that has universal workings that cannot be controlled or placed in a conditional negating human context. Obviously, the message has to begin somewhere and perhaps as you stated, the Divine Love is something that begins this for the individual. I have often thought that there is a need in the human heart and soul for a universal language of Love and Spirit that is not confronting, exclusive or isolating nor too idealistic, yet the individual can feel safe in accepting and personalising their time with God.

With love,
Zara

Return to “Questions and Answers”