Recent messages thread

A forum housing typical questions about the Padgett Messages
William
Old Friend

Recent messages thread

Postby William » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:59 am

I have really enjoyed the recent messages section. I thought I'd start a discussion about their content.
What grabs my attention often is the reference to the fathers coming plan as recieved by FAB. It pops up in many messages.
Does anyone know this plan, and has it been asked by FAB?
thanks for sharing FAB. I'm always looking out for the next ones.
Love
William ( getting there slowly) :D
PS this is the second time i put this thread in. I was dropped out the first ( could be something in that )

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Recent messages thread

Postby Geoff » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:25 am

Dear William,

Yes you are right, its a very common thread. I tend to think, knowing FAB personally, that its very largely in response to his perception that the world is a mess. Nothing specific has been mentioned, and I suspect that how it will stay. I hear the same thing via other channels.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

William
Old Friend

Postby William » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:23 pm

In the message "The Grace of Faith" it is very clearly stated.

"In terms of the present moment, I wish to say that there is a very big plan that God Is Preparing, and it will be obvious to all."

It like dangling a carrot in front of a donkeys nose. The message finishes there. If I had the ability as FAB does I would not have been able to resist the obvious question. :?:

He is right, the whole world set up is a mess. We all know that deep down don't we. How to change it?

William

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:56 am

Dear William,

You are the only person who you can change, so work on that. And leave the rest to God.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

William
Old Friend

Postby William » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:04 am

Hi Geoff,
Well yes i am working very hard at changing myself. I still have some of the old me but the change is happening .

I thought that may be the answer....one person at a time. Well I found DL in the most extrodinary way, I'm sure a guide or spirit was directing that. So it must be the same for others.
I am on the watch out now for gods workings these days.
I have noticed I am remembering things from the past ( unloving events ) and seem to sit with the event for a while looking at how that could have been better. Should say also some good things as well. I really don't know why they are coming to mind from time to time, I never used to contemplate the past at all.
More importantly I work on current events, it feels like 3 steps forward and two back. Awareness must be the start. I've digressed from the thread title so will stop here.
William

Zara Borthwick
Family

Postby Zara Borthwick » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:19 am

Hi William,

In my experience of spiritual-led change, most people go straight to the past as a reference that what one is doing in the present demonstrates that change is happening!

In times of learning I found it helpful not to be afraid of utilising the past as a great resource and teacher. To use the past as a teacher, yet not to relive the past, helps one to gently find their new beginnings with Divine Love a little easier.

Three steps forward and two steps back, I have experienced this and can only say that this is the way to walk yourself into your new future. Keep your heart open to the Love and guidance, and know that the Father is meeting you with His Love each step you ask for more Love!

With love,
Zara

William
Old Friend

Postby William » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:35 am

Zara Borthwick wrote:In times of learning I found it helpful not to be afraid of utilising the past as a great resource and teacher. To use the past as a teacher, yet not to relive the past, helps one to gently find their new beginnings with Divine Love a little easier.

Hi Zara, Thanks for your encouragement. The trouble is with the past, one contemplates just where they would be if they passed now. I don't how much weight each event has in moving our soul south and how much my current efforts are reversing the unloving acts of the past.
I can see how over the years the message of Jesus became the fearful thing the RC Church preached. I guess the will to improve overall is the movement forward in the padget messages and in other books on this site.
The words " you reap what you sow" worry me a bit. Everytime I think something unloving I correct and tell myself you cant think like that.
Really hard to change after 40 odd years.
William

William
Old Friend

Postby William » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:55 am

Fact, Not Naivete message,

This message seems to say it will be a long time. What do others read from this message?

They must be discussing the afgan war.

Zara Borthwick
Family

Postby Zara Borthwick » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi William,

When one is 20 years of age and they go fishing, that individual is all excited because everything is new and, will want to catch fish and quite possibly, lots of them. At 30 years of age, that same person will still want to catch a lot of fish and will utilise their experiences to try and catch more. At 60 years of age, the same individual is simply happy to go fishing and catching a fish may not even be the desired outcome ;)

The Divine Love is going to be around for a long time. Learning something new brings to light questions you have asked however as you become more familiar with your experience, you will realise that whilst you receive DL occasionally, your general thoughts will ebb and flow - such is the nature of the material mind.

With regard to this message from FAB, I would take the messages with a grain of salt. You will find that most mediums receive info whilst they themselves take no responsibility for the actual information themselves. The reader is left to wonder or be in a crisis :o whilst the medium is all care and no responsibility. If the medium took more responsibility about the effects a message may cause, then the landscape of mediumship would look very different than it does today.

Most mediums simply say "that what the spirit's desired to write" and it is a great cop out. I have met FAB and he is a lovely man and he probably feels that he is genuinely helping to bring about a spirit-awareness.

Hope this helps,
Zara

James B
Old Friend

Postby James B » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Zara, your last post highlights what is possibly the greatest frustration that exists within these (and any) spiritual messages: If we have to dissect and cross-reference every single message to see if it has any factual information in it, then the purpose of the messages is largely defeated. Naturally, the original purpose is not: The message regarding Divine Love is sound and clear. But the continuing purpose of the messages -- to offer hope and encouragement -- is blunted, if not outright defeated in some cases, when the text itself is subjective.

Messages like FAB's that read along the lines of "keep faith, change is coming" only matter if that change is somewhat immediate (read as: within our lifetime, preferably noticing foreshadowing elements presently). In the Padgett Messages, there are several messages that imply that Jesus was fairly forceful in delivering his messages to ensure that they came out mostly intact. I don't believe for a moment that Jesus is the only spirit that is capable of applying a little leverage to ensure that the wording of a message will not be too misleading.

Of couse, this could also just boil down to my definition of "misleading." I think that messages that offer vague assurances of some nebulous change without a hint of a timeline qualify as "misleading." Clarity matters, not only to provide us guidance and encouragement, but also to provide consistency and credibility to mediumship as a practice.

Return to “Questions and Answers”