I like this site but some things disturb me about it

A forum housing typical questions about the Padgett Messages
jcarruth
New Friend

Re: I like this site but some things disturb me about it

Postby jcarruth » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:55 am

Bless you Geoff for putting in so many years of hard work on this site and editing the books, getting James Padgett's and other mediums' messages out there for those who have ears to hear it. I can't think of one subject more important to mankind - how we are going to spend the rest of eternity, starting right now.

When I think of Jesus' love on earth, and Christ's responsibility he continuously takes on in how he feels towards us, getting the truth to us, making sure we hear him, and never giving up on us, it is easy for me to get emotional. I just pour all that feeling into the DL prayer now.

I have put aside the Urantia and the Course, at least for now, to embrace the Padgett Messages and devote my full attention to studying them, what they say, and thinking about them, letting them into my heart. But all other spiritual books and paths have got me to this point, where I was ready to receive the Padgett Messages, so I am grateful to them for getting me here.

When I can finally see clearly, I just let everything else go that is not important, and focus solely on God's love, and cry out to let him into my heart. One of the things I like to put into my own prayers is something along the lines of "let me learn to know God as Jesus does, let me learn to love God as Jesus does," making sure I put that request to the Holy Spirit into my prayers so it knows how I wish to be taught, and at what level I wish to learn to love and feel the love - at the highest level I have been exposed to in this life, through Christ's example. What would we do without him and his ceaseless dedication to our spiritual welfare?

In endless gratitude,

Jim

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:18 pm

Dear Jim,

All that is smart. I spent about 2 or 3 years on Padgett alone, till I ventured out in response to asking Father to show me other paths which espoused Divine Love. I eventually found enough of those, that its no longer a big interest. Now I am back trying to just get the word out.

hugs
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Joseph B
New Friend

Postby Joseph B » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:58 am

Dear Geoff and Jim,

You are having a fine conversation going here; I hesitate to join because I see that it now seems to be heading in the direction of Jim seeking the Father and His Great Love.

The only reason I stepped in is because I see that Geoff wrote the following to Jim on Jan. 3rd:

Aah well if you beat me up about ACIM I will call on Joseph, who was a long time ACIM follower - LOL.

Geoff's statement is only partially true. I was indeed an ACIM follower but NOT for a long time. I studied it only for about 15 months; just long enough to study the Preface and Text, and then a year with the Workbook for students, and then the remainder.

I did not consciously leave ACIM. I am a writer/author and had a book that I was in the midst of trying to expand. I did most of my research for this book on the Internet; while doing this I literally stumbled into Geoff's website (this website). When I saw my mistake, rather then close the website and move on, I elected to stay and read. Why? Frankly I did not know why. I was not looking for a new spiritual path. Actually I was happy with the ACIM. But I continued to read, and like yourself, Jim, I had many questions.Nonetheless, I kept reading for at least 3 solid days, until I finally came up for air. I found it very authentic and reasonable and attractive.

I am making this comment shorter than my early experience with the Padgett Messages actually was. I continued with ACIM but with less and less interest. ACIM finally "faded" from my attention. It was not a conscious and deliberate choice. I simply paid more attention to reading and studying and applying myself to the teachings that I found in the Padgett Messages. This went on for about 6 months, in 2006. And then the first of 2007, I did in fact make a conscious choice for the Divine Love soul path. I wrote about this in a small book with the title "The Choice." If you are up to reading it, the link to the book is:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/joseph-babinsky/the-choice/paperback/product-16593865.html

Geoff has in a way been my mentor, though he probably would deny this. You are in good hands with Geoff. He will not lead you astray.

Remember the "Workbook for Students"? I carried a daily card while doing the course, a different card each day. It was a course in mind training. Some great aspects to this method. Well, I applied this method to myself and called it a "course in soul training." The first thing I memorized from a card I carried with me daily, is the Prayer for the Divine Love. Some with better minds than mine could memorize it in a day or two, Huh! It required about 3 months to finally get it. Just saying this to suggest it does require attention and diligence, not for a few weeks or months, but years and years until we finally pass and can continue to do the same in our new life in the spirit world. Progress and development is gradual and has great benefits and blessings along the way.

Peace and love to you Jim,

May the Divine Love permeate and prevail in your soul ...

Joseph

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:37 pm

Dear Joseph,

Thanks for dropping in with your experiences. I have exchanged a lot of emails with Jim, but somewhere along the line he seems to have gotten very confused and I rather wish the conversations were here, as opposed to email, as others could chime in.

hugs
Geoff

WernerV
Old Friend

Postby WernerV » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:08 am

Dear Geoff (and Jim),

I totally agree. Maybe you should start some conversations on here so others can chime in. A forum is all about sharing thoughts or experiences, otherwise it has no use. So please let us know what's on your minds and who knows what wonderful results might come from it.

Hug, Werner.

Kris
Old Friend

Postby Kris » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:35 pm

Hello Jeoff and Jcarruth;

Regarding the "modern" mediums, I really don't mind about their name or contact address, however it's nice to have a name, not only one or two letters even if the name is not a registred name.

However, I am quite curious to know how those mediums came in contact with the Divine Love Church and how do they became involved in this task ?

About ACIM, I would say that everything comes in its proper time. Not everyone is touched with the same teaching. Gos has many ways to make men aware of the necessity not on only of Divine Love but also of human Love. If we can't demonstrate human Love how can we demonstrate Divine Love.

Thanks a lot for your dedication

Kris

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:17 am

Hi Kris,

I am in Africa at the moment with Helge, Jeanne and Al Fike visiting the orphans at Drimiopsis. Posting using an iPad and the browser built into 1password is difficult so that's all till I return in about two weeks.

Hugs Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:54 am

Hi Jim,

Not heard from you for some time. How are you doing?

hugs
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:48 am

Jim sent me a PM. Sadly he has "moved on" but of course this is his absolute right. I can't help but think someone was unhelpful, but I believe he had conversations elsewhere about the P Messages. Something for sure did not impress him.

hugs
Geoff

Return to “Questions and Answers”