How do you talk to others about Divine Love?

A forum housing typical questions about the Padgett Messages
cheezymchowd
New Friend

How do you talk to others about Divine Love?

Postby cheezymchowd » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:27 am

Hi, another question. When do you ever, if ever, talk about Divine Love and the messages on sites like this one, especially to friends and family? Religion inevitably always comes up as a topic of discussion, and since I no longer adhere so closely to any one organized Christian religion, I often find myself desiring to discuss sites like this one and the real truth (not absolute, of course) I have accepted. If any of you guys have children, please comment also. Do you discuss these messages and truths with them? To what degree?

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: How do you talk to others about Divine Love?

Postby Geoff » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:08 am

Aah Cheezy,

Its hard. I am not allowed to discuss my beliefs in even the slightest way with any of my partner's friends. Nor with her. I am just too weird in her eyes.

hugs
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Stu
New Friend

Postby Stu » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:01 am

Cheezy,

I do have two young children and I do tell them about what I have learned. Most important to me is teaching them that God is not vengeful and filled with wrath over our sinfulness and to reject that idea when they encounter it. I teach them to try to speak to Him and to try to pray, but they are young and easily distracted, so it's slow going.

I have a harder time telling friends about it, but I don't hide it when the subject comes up unless I sense a person is just too entrenched and close minded. There's no point in sparking a fight over God's Love. The hardest part of the Padgett messages is overcoming the method by which we received them. People just assume Padgett was a scam artist deceiving the gullible since many a scam artist used similar tactics. My usual response is that it doesn't matter. We have plenty of other religious material handed down by sources no more verifiable than the writings of an early 20th century lawyer, and billions of people have taken them to heart. Someone's mind--whether it was Padgett by honest effort, pure truth, intentional deception or well-meaning delusion, came up with this interpretation of Christianity and it is a remarkable work worthy of consideration. With no church, organization or leader demanding money or allegiance, and the only real requirement being to pray to God for love, it's pretty hard to hold onto the dangerous scam concept.

I sense most of the people willing to discuss the subject are hungry and unfulfilled by their current beliefs. If you speak about the soul, how it hungers for the nourishment of God's love, and how prayer can bring that love, it gets the point across without challenging too much of their established beliefs. It really doesn't require much more than that, because if they do it the rest falls into place.

Love to all!
Stu

seekerza
New Friend

Postby seekerza » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi ALL

Please allow me to add my 2 cents :D

Of course it is not easy to talk about LOVE, but a man must do what he have to do. First of all, I got rid of my fear and THAT was really really HARD!

Luckily for me I have a son (22) who is also a seeker. So that helps a lot at home. It was really a struggle to try and convince my wife ( :cute: ) that there was more than what we are taught in church, but we are getting there, if you know what I mean :banana:

Otherwise, I am NOT afraid or shy or whatever, to talk about Divine Love and all the Truth that goes with it. Jesus died because he was NOT afraid.

And most of all, WHAT I found out, that it is better to LIVE Love and the others will follow :D :mrgreen:

I am MORE loving towards my wife and others, and now I'm loved more because of it. Mrs WIFE says she does not know what went into me! Can you guess the answer to her question? PLEASE? :mrgreen:

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:33 am

seekerza wrote:I am MORE loving towards my wife and others, and now I'm loved more because of it. Mrs WIFE says she does not know what went into me! Can you guess the answer to her question? PLEASE? :mrgreen:

Hehe heh, hard to guess?? I have only had that happen to me once, and it was a very curious 24 hour period. Don't know if I ever shared it publicly.

hugs
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

cheezymchowd
New Friend

Postby cheezymchowd » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:18 am

Hi all!

Wow, I'm so glad this post garnered the responses it did. I'm sorry for taking so long to respond. You all have made some pretty good points. I always feel as if I need to check myself and make sure I don't become too preachy. I agree with Stu. Even if, hypothetically speaking, Mr. Padgett was a scam artist, the teachings I have learned from his and others' channelings have struck more of a chord with me than any church service. Sometimes others will seem to praise me for bringing up such "revolutionary and thoughtful" ideas and advice when all I've done is look to these messages and regurgitate what I've learned. haha Telling them about this site, however, would only seem to discredit what I said...in their eyes at least. It's funny how they never question the truth of the message but always question the character/honesty of the messenger. These messages provide food for thought at the very least, and it's so rewarding and refreshing to be able to discuss this love and other spiritual truths with a receptive mind. Not to say that I don't try to keep an open mind as well...we all gotta keep our eyes peeled to recognize new information as it comes to us :)

Well seekerza, I'm the same age as your son and I still got a ways to go too. haha I've always wondered if these beliefs have ever put a strain on a relationship, but I suppose with the right partner who at least has somewhat of an open mind, maybe not? In past relationships I've never mentioned it much but have applied what I have learned to handle certain situations...and they've always worked out for the best because of it. Geoff, I feel as if the same would result if I tried to discuss this with someone I was involved with. :cry:

Return to “Questions and Answers”