What is existence?

A forum housing typical questions about the Padgett Messages
Geoff
Site Admin

Re: What is existence?

Postby Geoff » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Doles wrote:But please tell me you won't get rid of browsing format. Because it's so convenient to click on a highlighted word and it opens up an entire new field of information.

Dear Doles,

What you are referring to are internal "links", and this is exactly what I was saying is a nightmare for the conversion process. Yes I have thought about opening new windows or tabs, its not hard, but I have seen novices with 25 browser windows open. As it is, if you place your mouse on that link, and use the right mouse button, you can always open in a new window, by taking that option. Many years ago I deliberately changed the way links are shown, and got rid of the underline. So thats why perhaps some people do not recognise them. I am unsure how the designer has coded links, but no doubt will soon see.

But my site also has a large number of what are called "anchors" where the link opens not the general page, but a specific paragraph. Thats a challenge too to convert, but I think we have found a module to allow that.

Yes I know you can chase your tail till you can't see your head anymore on my site, and find a page that you may never find again. To some limited extent I think thats part of the "fun"?

hugs
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Tim wrote:Doles, you may already be aware, but most web browsers will allow you to right-click and choose to open the link using a new tab or completely new window. Hope it helps.

Love,
Tim

Heh heh, there you are, great minds think alike?

hugs
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Doles
Old Friend

Postby Doles » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:58 pm

'Tim wrote:Doles, you may already be aware, but most web browsers will allow you to right-click and choose to open the link using a new tab or completely new window. Hope it helps.

Love,
Tim

Heh heh, there you are, great minds think alike?

Yes guys, I should've disclaimed to have known about this but simply never actually taken time to do that. So the joke's on me on this one :D . But on a more serious note, I hope whatever your changes are, it will be to make the site even better than it already is.
Doles
Blessings To All!

Return to “Questions and Answers”