What is existence?

A forum housing typical questions about the Padgett Messages
Doles
Old Friend

What is existence?

Postby Doles » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:00 am

Hi all,
Since I notice that there hasn't been a discussion going on here for a little while and I couldn't fathom the idea of this great site going silent, I'll pose a question that pops up in my mind. By the way, I understand that most people probably come here just to read since this website is truly a spiritual library. Now to the question: has anyone read anything or come up with a good explanation/theory for/of existence? I mean, it is said that we'll understand it all...it's just that I haven't gotten a good grip of this particular notion. Based on everything you all have read, do you still find existence to be a mystery or has it been well explained somewhere? In other words, is it the final straw or there's no mystery to it? I didn't particular find an easy explanation in the Padgett Messages, thus I'm hoping that Geoff and other well versed individuals may fill me in in more depth.
Doles
Blessings To All!

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: What is existence?

Postby Geoff » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:44 am

Dear Doles,

Yes thanks for posting a question, and a good one too. Someone emailed me recently about this very topic.

However the question breaks down into a few parts:

1. Why did God create us?

2. Why are we here having a material existence, as opposed to anything else?

1. The answer as to why God created us has to be seen against a back drop of billions of planets, billions upon billions of mortals and similar numbers of "created perfect for the job" celestials/angels. Broadly Father wanted to experience that which we experience, and in particular to experience Himself through independent "eyes". It seems that at one time, Father was all that was. But the term "Father" may be more complex than we understand, I let that bit go. I will know when I need to know. So you might think He was lonely, but I doubt that was really true, although some have claimed as much. For sure He saw that more fun could be had. Now it seems that we - mortals - are his "ultimate" creation, in as much as we have the hardest of journeys, the most challenges but the highest of rewards. In order to provide a sustaining environment for us, He created the vast numbers of angels, each perfect for their task. They too have a progression path, but its apparently incredibly slow. So they nurture us, in this vast time space realm, which Father created for us. I am not quite sure why such vast numbers are required, but suffice it to say that as we speak new universes are being created, and there will never be an end to creation of material spheres. We will many of us find our eternal careers tied up with service in these universes. The vast numbers may simply be a function of the fact that this process has already been going on a very long time.

2. This is a bit harder to explain. We - our souls - are created instantly by Father, as pure spirit images of His soul. Yet they are not created immortal, and because they are created in the eternal timeless realm, they automatically are "at one" with Father. This seems to be the nature of any being in the eternal realm - at oneness. This was not what He wanted, he wanted us individualised, and that is why we arrive here in a material realm. The purpose of this realm is completed the moment we incarnate. But typical of Father's plans, this material realm provides an incredibly good learning environment for his free will creatures, and so the 3 score and ten years should have given us a head start on our journey. On this planet it doesn't, but even though we mostly do not progress very far, we each of us have amazing learning experiences that will stand us in good stead. Sadly some souls choose not to take the highway back home to oneness. But they still have a good time in the Sixth. But they are stuck in the material realm, and as such one cannot say what their eternal future is, because the time space realms are subject to change.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Doles
Old Friend

Postby Doles » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Geoff,
Thank you for your explicit answer. I hope others will chime in...this website must/should be active! I guess this thing is quite too complicated that religions simply packaged it into God vs Devil? Boy, eternity will be fun! I have a feeling we will know everything and yet we won't know anything! I do have faith though that this statement of yours...I will know when I need to know...is quite a truth that it is! I remember reading somewhere in Aphraar's tour of the paradise he was allowed to see that at some point he exclaimed how was it going to be possible to ever learn everything due how much he'd seen. His guide consoled him in letting him know that even he...with all his experiences and extensive journeys... hadn't even been to the realm of eternity! Praise be to this Mighty Creator! How could one not be excited, thankful, and honored to exist...trials or not?
Doles
Blessings To All!

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:41 pm

Dear Doles,

Indeed we have been gifted something we really can't grasp.

Yes we used to have a few folks posting relatively regularly here, but its been very quiet for some time.

hugs
Geoff

Tim
Old Friend

Postby Tim » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi All,

Well, now I feel even more guilty about my lack of response. :D I visit quite regularly, but don’t often feel compelled to chime in. Geoff and Zara cover questions with far more detail than I can hope to and I don’t often see things differently. It’s also been increasingly difficult for me to dedicate time for writing or so it seems. Enough with the excuses…

As to the first question, I feel the answer has to do with “Choice” set within the backdrop that all things are founded in “Love” (natural and divine). You are the product of choice: choices made by you, those made by your brothers and sisters and those of our creator/father. Yes, regardless of other choices that may have determined the time/place of your entry, you and I were chosen by our father for an experience here and now. I think it’s good to let that sink in.

The purpose of that choice was the expansion of love and its expression. Amplitude is the word that comes to mind. Given what I understand about the nature of our existence, we were meant to express love, and so we’re clearly here for each other. Out of all the creation(s) in this speck of the universe, we are best equipped, perhaps tuned, for this.

To address the purpose of a material existence, we first need to establish what it is. The material universe, as we experience it, exists on the lower scale of vibrating matter. It's incredibly vast and diverse. We can see only those things which light, of a very small fraction of known frequencies, reflects off of (or is emitted from). The matter which we can see and influence is likewise a small fraction of the "Material" that exists, yet hidden from our senses.

From those in the next phase of life, we learn that our environment is "heavy" and "more difficult" to move in. It's a mask of sorts (veil), that protects us from fully experiencing the effects of our choices, but it's also an environment where Free Will (choice) is "unbound". At no other point in our life are we more open to influence or more able to exercise our will upon others. Our choices here clearly impact others (often in ways which we cannot foresee) and the gamut of choice is at its greatest.

I too understand that ultimately, the purpose of the material world is the individualization of the incarnate soul and individualization is most efficient where choice is most prevalent. The more choices you make, the more diverse (individualized) you become. It’s a fountain of opportunity. Thus the importance of our time (well) spent here.

Love & Blessings,
Tim

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Dear Tim,

Good to see you here adding your insights. Yesterday I finally got to start the process of the new site. Its still a long journey, but its hosted, its physical, its getting built.

love,
Geoff

Tim
Old Friend

Postby Tim » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:49 pm

New site? I imagine you have more than enough on your plate already. :D What's happening there, Geoff?

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Dear Tim,

Well technology moves on, and I have been persuaded by my son to adopt a database site for the new-birth, with Jango CMS. I certainly wanted a new look, as the site is tired, and the menu structure long ago got beyond what I needed. So I paid a designer, got a lovely new design, paid a code cutter to get the css, got my son to install and customise the CMS, and next we will find a programmer to TRY and convert the old site to the new database. The issue is I have thousands upon thousands of internal links and anchors. And of course all the pages get a new URL, a semantic URL, so I am hoping that a clever programmer can work out how to put in the links.

But yes, there is always heaps and heaps to do.

hugs
Geoff

Doles
Old Friend

Postby Doles » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:29 pm

Sounds good, Geoff! But please tell me you won't get rid of browsing format. Because it's so convenient to click on a highlighted word and it opens up an entire new field of information. If anything, I'd probably prefer that clicking on them opens up a new tab instead of leaving the previous page since you'd sometimes lose sight of where you started. That happened to me many times when I started reading on this site. But your format is so informative that I'd be disappointed to see you get rid of it. I guess it's not always too much to say thanks once more. I just pray this website will see a day whereas traffic will be overwhelming. I believe if all the members pray for such wish, the angels will help us to corral people here.
Doles
Blessings To All!

Tim
Old Friend

Postby Tim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:24 pm

That's good news. When/if the link details are squared away, DB integration will save a ton of time down the road should you need to change the look of the site again or port it elsewhere. I haven't had much time to dig into Django CMS, but it looks like a good direction. I see it's open source and has apparently been around a while. Python & MySQL are pretty solid at this point. Glad to hear your son is consulting and I'm looking forward to seeing where it takes you.

On a side note, I just ran into a book titled "Communication With the Spirit World its Laws and Purpose" by Johannes Greber apparently translated from the original German. So far, so good, but I'm not very deep into it yet. There are some interesting details regarding materialization with reference to "od" or "odic material", akin to life essence. I don't think I had encountered it earlier on other book lists and I'm not sure why. Anyway, if it's clearly a value or I see any DL angle there, I'll shout.

Doles, you may already be aware, but most web browsers will allow you to right-click and choose to open the link using a new tab or completely new window. Hope it helps.

Love,
Tim

Return to “Questions and Answers”