Emotions in the balance of the journey

A forum housing typical questions about the Padgett Messages
Rko
New Friend

Emotions in the balance of the journey

Postby Rko » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Coming here from AJ Miller's emphasis on emotional clearing.
I've read the write up on him from this site and would like to get to the soul-issue at hand.

I feel a tension or dichotomy, with needing to feel all emotions and the desire for Divine Love.
I've read in recent messages from this site, that feeling your emotions is indeed important...and can cause one to be less open to Divine Love if emotions are repressed.

Yet I feel that the Desire for Divine Love needs to be central.....Yet I also wonder if we may just be fooling ourselves by desiring divine love yet be in refusal of feeling painful emotions.

Hoping to receive a more streamlined approach.

Thanks in advance.

Zara Borthwick
Family

Re: Emotions in the balance of the journey

Postby Zara Borthwick » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Rko,

Like most things in life, you will be told a lot of things by a lot of people. People have been studying human emotion in terms of experience for thousands of years and still each person is in the discovery of their own experience of life.

There is no one in this world who can tell you how to live your life or how you must live with the Divine Love. This is an individual experience that only you alone can accept.

I do know that a first progressive experience toward individual responsibility with regard to the Divine Love is being aware that the Love is present for all of us.

If I factor in many people's experience of Divine Love from all walks of life, ages and countries that I am aware of, there is one thing that is streamlined and this is the unanimous acceptance that all of us have to learn what faith is to us and what faith means to us and our freedom to learn about faith as an individual experience so that this faith becomes a living experience progressed by our own self-love, self-respect and asking God for a drop of Divine Love. How we learn to do this is the story of our beliefs.

You will never stop learning about emotions, feelings and life experiences because we are always in relationship to something or someone else, especially learning about ourselves.

Regards,
Zara

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:55 am

Dear Rko,

Welcome.

Our position is simple. Divine Love has no real barriers other than the refusal of the mortal to genuinely desire and seek this gift. If however the mortal has very poor self-love, this may mean that the amount of Divine Love that that individual can receive is limited (but not prevented), until such time as that is overcome. So some folks have a smaller capacity to receive, until they grow their natural self love. The Divine Love itself will over time increase the individual's capacity to love.

As there is no real barrier, why would you not ask, and ask, pray and pray for Divine Love?

Now lets get to the issue that we are all less than perfect. And that lack of perfection may be manifested in many ways. Perhaps we do not manage emotions properly, perhaps we are impatient, perhaps we are somewhat self-centred, or worst of all perhaps we don't love ourselves? Plenty of options really in this game. All of these can be addressed in traditional ways, what Padgett calls the natural love path. Some of these ways may be more effective than others, or work better for some people than others. But all are designed to produce a perfect person - perfect in the natural love. None of them directly grow the soul through the receipt of Divine Love. Indeed amongst practitioners of Buddhism can be found some wonderfully rounded and loving individuals - certainly heading for perfection as a "natural man". But they don't seek or desire Divine Love. In fact its almost anathema to Buddhism, as it centers on the self, and self-improvement and not on any external being.

Following these natural love path methods brings benefits, and may in fact hasten your overall path, PROVIDED you are not neglecting to work on soul growth. So, to put it very plainly, put your emphasis on receiving Divine love. If you have any spare time, by all means look at other natural love path techniques. And if you really do have a problem with self-love, that's well worth working on.

And what if you don't bother with these natural love path techniques, and only seek Divine Love? Well this is the traditional way that many folks have done things. However, the Divine Love itself will reveal to you things that need addressing, you do not get off without addressing these things as far as I can see.

We recently received a number of messages from Father addressing the issue of painful emotions in His subject:

Feeling My Love
Accept love to grow your love
Let my love flood over you

I hope that helps,
love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Connie
New Friend

Postby Connie » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi dear RKO,

A warm welcome to you.

My personal experience is, that there are indeed obstacles along the way that in some way prevent our ability to receive Divine Love. I feel it is important to be aware of those obstacles, and Geoff mentions some of them in his message. God respond to us with His Love, when we are honest about them and responsibly and willingly has the desire to change ourselves. We are always loved and accepted, no matter what, only our ability to feel The Love are often (very often!) disturbed.

As Zara says, each and everyone of us is unique. There is noone like you. Because you are unique, Your way to God is unique and your own. Being open and willing to see yourself just as you are, a perfect human with all your imperfections (just like the rest of us :-)), will guide you towards your destination, resting in the arms of God.

I feel that our emotions serve as a guide for ourselves, always directing us towards feeling Gods Love. When we cannot feel Gods Love, that is not because God does not love us, it is because something inside us block The Love. We often know, when we are not acting lovingly or when our belief about God is somehow disturbed. And for most of us our relationship with God is based on all kinds of untruths. God forgives us, but to really feel this love and forgiveness we must be willing to change and give up untruth and let Truth be a part of us. That is Gods desire and then we will be at One with God.

I am happy to see you here and to share with you.

Love always, always love,
Connie
Your gift to God is honesty. God's gift to you is Truth.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Connie wrote: only our ability to feel The Love are often (very often!) disturbed.

I should have added that I have found that stress is a serious barrier too. Just when you most need it, stress raises walls. Stress is I guess an emotional response to things that worry you.

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:05 am

As the OP has not returned, in-spite of a Private Message telling "them" that they had received answers, one wonders if this was a "Dorothy Dixer" - a question that is staged.

In any event, it is an important topic. So I don't regret that we took the time to answer it.

Geoff

Return to “Questions and Answers”