intro and questions about "Born to Heal"

A forum housing typical questions about the Padgett Messages
User avatar
Geoff
Site Admin
Posts: 872
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:24 am
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Contact:

Re: intro and questions about "Born to Heal"

Postby Geoff » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:29 am

Following on from what Al said, if you realise that we have to create ourselves in the fashion that we desire, its very clear that work is required. There is no avoiding that. And in fact the Universe does not even allow stagnation - doing nothing. You are either going forward, or backwards. The choice is yours.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Angie
New Friend
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:56 am

Re: intro and questions about "Born to Heal"

Postby Angie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:16 am

Meditation and eternal prayer might be fulfilling for some, but honestly, I find it monotonous. I left Christianity because of the "God's testing you out of love" thing, and maybe God has a certain effort/hardship-to-results exchange rate that he might think optimal for us to do what he feels we should be doing, but I might have different goals for myself and want a different exchange rate. I don't want to be molded into something I'm not. I never said I was against work. It's the *type of work* that I may or may not be willing to do. The pieces I play are small and easy to learn, but that doesn't make them any less meaningful or gratifying for me. They require some effort, but I'm happy to do it because the end result is easily achieved, and other people might not find that effort-to-reward ratio satisfying for them, but we're all individuals, and different things have different meaning to different people. Look at Monsieur Robert Benson: I never read anything about him having any kind of spiritual practice, and he seems happy. Some people develop the purifying natural love, some ask for the transforming divine love, and some just want to be a good person and have eternal life, but not necessarily want to be like God. If God is truly benevolent and all-knowing, he would recognize the desires of hearts of folks like myself who want that 3rd choice, and accomidate it accordingly.

Angie
New Friend
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:56 am

Re: intro and questions about "Born to Heal"

Postby Angie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:31 am

Here's a story I found tremendously helpful. Enjoy!
http://www.adf.org/articles/stories/the-healing.html

User avatar
Geoff
Site Admin
Posts: 872
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:24 am
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Contact:

Re: intro and questions about "Born to Heal"

Postby Geoff » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:01 am

Angie wrote: Look at Monsieur Robert Benson: I never read anything about him having any kind of spiritual practice, and he seems happy.


Dear Angie,

Thats a good point. It was very curious to me that after a life time committed to "church" stuff, he gave it all away. He was definitely following a natural love path, last we heard from him. But make no mistake, he was "working" at his path. More so the "intellectual" part of the natural love path, which if you read the Padgett messages very carefully you learn is probably the slowest of anything at all. Even those who stick to their old earth religion would probably develop faster.

I don't think you have experienced "the peace that knows no understanding" else you would not find it boring.

But Father allows you free will do do as you please. All that He does do, is hold you accountable when those actions break His Laws. I understand there is a Law that prevents stagnation, but I can't say I know how it would work. Certainly many spirits in the First Sphere are not particularly trying to advance.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Angie
New Friend
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:56 am

Re: intro and questions about "Born to Heal"

Postby Angie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:26 am

Dear Geoff,
Most likely I haven't experienced the "peace that knows no understanding", but then again, it could also be possible that meditation isn't everyone's cup of tea. Not everyone finds the concept of eternal prayer appealing, and what's wrong with that? If we are all individuals, and everyone has different tastes and preferences, it would logically follow that some people want marriage or parenthood, some don't. Some people want certain careers, some don't. Some people enjoy meditation and prayer so consequently wish to spend their life in self-discovery mode, some don't.

And if progression isn't a race, who cares about how fast or slow anyone moves up the runs of the spiritual ladder anyway? It's not like the divine-love concept is so urgent that it needs to be worked toward *now* or everyone should jump on the bandwagon immediately. If there's no top of the ladder, no finish line, and eternity by definition is never-ending, then what's the big deal if you take your time? You've got all the time in the world because I've heard there's no such thing as time in the heavens anyway.

As you say, there's a law that doesn't allow for stagnation, so perhaps that means that spirits are progressing no matter what, just by virtue of living their daily life? Wouldn't helping others through enjoyable occupations and recreation, by its very nature, be considered automatic progress? I've read Benson's books so understand that going into the trenches and helping spirits out of darkness is a popular pastime. But what if that type of work doesn't float everyone's boat, and people might enjoy other activities like creating art, or reading stories to children, or helping out in the halls of learning, or any number of things? Those are spirit-world secular activities having nothing to do with "spiritual practice", and if someone finds them enjoyable work, progress is guaranteed anyway. Nobody loafs around in the spirit world, but as Benson says, if they didn't enjoy the work they do, they wouldn't be doing it.

Maybe the spiritual growth law is that, well, it just is. You just are. You're growing and advancing no matter what you do, every day. I used to be a musician, now I'm an athlete, and maybe someday I'll be a sculptor. A few weeks ago I decided to take an online transcription and proofreading course. Progression is something you just... do.

I heard there's over 600 commandments anyway, not just 10. Looks like 99% of people on earth are sinning anyway, just based on the 10. You know how many people commit adultery? It's almost commonplace. It's so commonplace that sometimes I wonder if God has unrealistic expectations. Even I'm starting to wonder what a world without sin and error would look like. Seems as if noone can avoid breaking spiritual laws, regardless of what you do. I wonder what a world would look like, if everyone completely harmonized with spiritual laws. As of now though, maybe God might want to consider modifying those commandments a bit.

User avatar
Geoff
Site Admin
Posts: 872
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:24 am
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Contact:

Re: intro and questions about "Born to Heal"

Postby Geoff » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:25 am

Angie wrote:Most likely I haven't experienced the "peace that knows no understanding", but then again, it could also be possible that meditation isn't everyone's cup of tea. Not everyone finds the concept of eternal prayer appealing, and what's wrong with that?


Nothing. But you should stop and listen to yourself. The correct answer here is that the largest amount of Divine Love ever received by a man or woman was instantaneous. And the only reason why Al and I spend an hour as opposed to one minute in silent prayer, is that it feels so good. Its NOT TIME that is the issue, its desire. Now its fine if you don't have that. We dont spend an hour to have 30 seconds of bliss, we get the bliss right from the start. We spend an hour because its so enjoyable.


Angie wrote:And if progression isn't a race, who cares about how fast or slow anyone moves up the runs of the spiritual ladder anyway? It's not like the divine-love concept is so urgent that it needs to be worked toward *now* or everyone should jump on the bandwagon immediately. If there's no top of the ladder, no finish line, and eternity by definition is never-ending, then what's the big deal if you take your time? You've got all the time in the world because I've heard there's no such thing as time in the heavens anyway.


Not entirely true, but partially true. I don't think there is any point in trying to go there with you, because right now you are not on first base. The "heavens" that non-celestials know about are all in time-space. And certainly the heavens that "new-agers" speculate about. There is time, just different to here. Those that pass through the seventh eventually reach the totally timeless eternal realms.

Angie wrote:As of now though, maybe God might want to consider modifying those commandments a bit.


God changes not. And there is only one Law. The Law of Love.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Angie
New Friend
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:56 am

Re: intro and questions about "Born to Heal"

Postby Angie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:59 am

Well, you learn something new every day! Most spirit world accounts that I've read say that there's no such thing as time/space, or that time/space do not exist. I have heard accounts of time being warped, such as in the fairy realms, however.

I've heard there's more than 600 commandments and people simply only focus on the first 10, thus the common phrase "the 10 Commandments." I don't know how much truth there is to that, however.

Given the number of wars and crimes there are, the fact that people are having extra-marital affairs left and right so adultery abounds, the fact that the people of earth seem to possess all of "the 7 Deadly Sins", and the fact that people break virtually all of the 10 commandments on a regular basis, it looks like there's gonna be a whole lotta people keeping the law of compensation very busy...

The Bible says something about the "straight and narrow" (can't remember the exact quote) but I wonder if that was divinely inspired, or manmade. I assume it was divinely commanded, given the shocking number of people in today's society who don't exactly seem to be on the straight and narrow!

I wonder what a world completely in harmony with God's laws would look like, with its peoples not requiring the law of compensation because they don't do anything they'd need to compensate for. A world where noone sins or errs. A society where love is the only law. What would that look like? It would be interesting and refreshing to see, actually.

Were the 7 Deadly Sins biblical inserts by man, or did God authorize them?

Thank you for this lovely discussion. It's been fun! And thanks for all your help when we first corresponded. It got me out of a situation, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

Sincerely,
Angie

User avatar
Geoff
Site Admin
Posts: 872
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:24 am
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Contact:

Re: intro and questions about "Born to Heal"

Postby Geoff » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:22 am

Angie wrote:Well, you learn something new every day! Most spirit world accounts that I've read say that there's no such thing as time/space, or that time/space do not exist. I have heard accounts of time being warped, such as in the fairy realms, however.


Time can be warped, it can even be locally warped. A friend of mine survived a collision with a double trailer tanker full of petrol, where the tire marks of the locked wheels of the tanker continued under his car. In other words, his car did not exist for a micro second of time, and then was back. It was untouched by the passage of this tanker, nominally right through the middle of it. Because he was stopped. Time was locally warped to achieve that. He had a passenger in the car as a witness. Time's greatest value is as a learning aid. That is why we have time. If you are perfect, you have no need of time.

Angie wrote:I've heard there's more than 600 commandments and people simply only focus on the first 10, thus the common phrase "the 10 Commandments." I don't know how much truth there is to that, however.


Those are ALL man made. There is only one. And that Jesus confirmed when he was here: "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another." John 13:34

If you understand that the Law of Love is the highest, there is nothing else we need obey. You only need to concern yourself that what you do is loving. If it is, you are fine. Forget the rest of the "rules"

Angie wrote:Given the number of wars and crimes there are, the fact that people are having extra-marital affairs left and right so adultery abounds, the fact that the people of earth seem to possess all of "the 7 Deadly Sins", and the fact that people break virtually all of the 10 commandments on a regular basis, it looks like there's gonna be a whole lotta people keeping the law of compensation very busy...

The Bible says something about the "straight and narrow" (can't remember the exact quote) but I wonder if that was divinely inspired, or manmade. I assume it was divinely commanded, given the shocking number of people in today's society who don't exactly seem to be on the straight and narrow!


There are more spirits in the hells and in the rest of the first sphere than any where else at all.

Angie wrote:I wonder what a world completely in harmony with God's laws would look like, with its peoples not requiring the law of compensation because they don't do anything they'd need to compensate for. A world where noone sins or errs. A society where love is the only law. What would that look like? It would be interesting and refreshing to see, actually.


Such worlds exist. They are called "Light and Life" planets. But the folks who incarnate there do not learn the tough lessons we learn. Most likely you chose to come here. The lessons are awesome, but the costs are high. Not all make it.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Tim
Old Friend
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: intro and questions about "Born to Heal"

Postby Tim » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi Angie & All,

There's some good discussion here! Anyway, the truth is that I felt compelled to say that I enjoyed reading what you had to say and that, if you haven’t already done so, you should consider writing. Well, with that said, I can completely relate to the short attention span. :) Starting with:

Meditation and eternal prayer might be fulfilling for some, but honestly, I find it monotonous.


I hear this, but I think the reason that I felt much the same about these had to do with my understanding of what meditation and prayer is. I used to think that these activities were reserved for people with more dedication than I could ever imagine myself having. I still don’t use these as often as I’d like, but from what I’ve gathered, the true purpose of meditation is simply a break from the dissonance or noise generated by day-to-day living and prayer is little more than thought communication, usually with emotional content. Meditation may be idle time, but prayer, for me at least, often isn’t.

I also don’t believe that God tests us. I think Free Will is too important to leave room for that. Through our choices and circumstances, we can either find ourselves in or create our own tough situations. Those that we find ourselves in, that have been created by others, will eventually be resolved and we can either accept our relative position or strive to change it. However you view it, there’s a big difference between leading us into difficulty and allowing us to choose our way into it.

I don't want to be molded into something I'm not.


Well, if you desire to be “at one”, you shouldn't assume that you'll lose your individuality by doing so. I don’t think anyone on the Divine Love Path wants to lose who they are. The things you will eventually "lose" in the process aren't desirable. There’s a reason we (generally) find ensembles full of various frequencies and timbres more enjoyable than those of a single instrument. For me, Divine Love is about becoming a better instrument, more able to express what should be and less of what I’ve come to regret.

I’m glad to see that you enjoyed the Borgia series. Personally, I think those are some of the most important pieces of spiritual literature and they’ll take the reader far.

And if progression isn't a race, who cares about how fast or slow anyone moves up the runs of the spiritual ladder anyway?


If you haven’t already read the “Judas” series of messages (found on this site), you should. They’re some of my favorites. His description of the various spheres is enjoyable and he recommends that one should take their sweet time with the experience.

As you say, there's a law that doesn't allow for stagnation, so perhaps that means that spirits are progressing no matter what, just by virtue of living their daily life?


I believe that’s essentially how natural love and progression works. Consider that the 6th sphere is so vast, beautiful and fulfilling that some may never want for anything more than what it offers. The only problem, as I understand it, is that it’s ultimately contained. Progression beyond the 6th sphere apparently requires a different state of being. I think that difference exists between the state of creation (image) and the creator (substance).

To me, this implies that progression (ever increasing frequency of vibration) is the means to open the doors of creation. If our true self is soul and our ability to reach the heights of the spheres, and potentially greater freedom and happiness, depends on its quality, then improving our soul seems to be the most reasonable course of action.

Hope this helps,

Love & Blessings your way,
Tim

User avatar
Geoff
Site Admin
Posts: 872
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:24 am
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Contact:

Re: intro and questions about "Born to Heal"

Postby Geoff » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:20 am

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your post which was very clear and helpful. And good to see you around again.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.


Return to “Questions and Answers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests