intro and questions about "Born to Heal"

A forum housing typical questions about the Padgett Messages
Angie
New Friend

intro and questions about "Born to Heal"

Postby Angie » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:48 am

Hi all,

Before I get to my question, I wanted to introduce myself, and will keep it as brief as possible. I grew up in Christianity (Catholicism) but felt it too rigid, with too many rules. Switched to Paganism, but found it too linient, and I never felt a connection with earth-or-natured-based spirituality and always had a feeling reincarnation was false, although I came across a name (Brynhild) while reading a book that I clicked with (still do), and I still talk to Morgan le Fay, Gwydion and Brigid (spiritual beings) out loud, because I don't channel, and nobody else seems to know who they are.

Then I switched to New-Age, and that messed me up bigtime mentally, spiritually and psychologically.

Then I joined an online cult recovery forum but found little to no emotional support from its members, especially when one of them called me a cult leader in the making because I didn't understand the Bologna Detection Kit.

Then I tried the Northern Shamanism/spiritworker community, partly to do research on the name I read about, and partly because I was interested in the concept of god-spouses, but I never connected with Norse cosmology, and Norse practitioners who were godspouses said I wasn't serious enough or asked too many questions.

Then I tried secular humanism but found little commonality since I believe in a spirit world.

Then I looked at Druidry but it appealed to me because of its artsy aspect (bards, ovates, druids) as I don't connect with nature or find the earth sacred (it's a nice place, but I've always been obsessed with the spirit world, spirit guides and spirit communication.)

Then I found spiritualism, then the Padgett messages, and that led me here. I've been in touch with Geoff, and the spiritual fog and haze is beginning to lift. I'm starting to get my life back. The new-age movement with its "you don't need anyone/anything else, you have all the answers, there's no such thing as victims/evil" and the Law of Attraction, marketed as only new-agers can, really messed me up for awhile. I couldn't stop reading energy alerts and self-help/improvement/development articles and over-analyzing my thoughts, to the point where I was overthinking every thought, word and deed, having the reincarnation belief shoved down my throat, and its popularity was overwhelming, and I couldn't enjoy life anymore.

Anyway, that's all beginning to feel like a distant memory, and I still am attracted to the name Brynhild, and I still talk to Morgan le Fay, Gwydion and Brigid. Other than that, I'm starting new with the Padgett messages.

Now that the intro's out of the way, here's my question.

I was reading the synopsis of "Born to Heal" and William Gray says that each person has a spicific sign (earth, air, fire or water.) I wonder, with the recent astrological developments, what my sign would I be? I used to be Cancer (the crab, the water sign) but ever since they discovered Ophiachus, they moved all the signs back so I'm now a Gemini. That's a bit confusing. According to William Gray or other sources, do I keep the old sign or take on the new one?

I haven't yet decided between the natural or divine love paths yet. I'm not sure I want to love anyone unconditionally. It just doesn't feel right for me, especially when I see parents making horrible decisions and I visibly see how if affects their kids, and I'm just supposed to stand back and let it happen? I can't judge people per se, but I can judge the decisions they make, and I'm not sure I want to live in a world where the celestials have divine love and can't even say, "you're making some bad parenting decisions" (or decisions in general.) I wouldn't mind if people are truly repentent, but it seems that most humans make irresponsible decisions and then go "I'm doing the best I can, I'm trying" but it's clear they don't actively change their life, or they make the same decisions they did before. So if that's divine love, I don't know if that's for me. But the natural love development, all those new-age articles and emotional processing/clearing/cleansing, that sounds like a ton of work. I don't think that's for me either.

Sometimes I wonder who my spirit guide is. Not for egotistical reasons (I could care less if they're famous or not) but just out of shere curiosity. It would be nice to call a spirit guide something other than "hey, you." If it were me, I'd want to be called by my name.

Anyway, I am sorry this is so long, but I thought I'd write and introduce myself, and maybe ask a question. It is nice to meet you all.

Your friend, Angie

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: intro and questions about "Born to Heal"

Postby Geoff » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:11 am

Dear Angie,

This is a very quick "hi". I have to clean my place right now because I have folks arriving tonight for a meditation session. So I will get back to you soon.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:02 am

Angie wrote:Now that the intro's out of the way, here's my question.

I was reading the synopsis of "Born to Heal" and William Gray says that each person has a spicific sign (earth, air, fire or water.) I wonder, with the recent astrological developments, what my sign would I be? I used to be Cancer (the crab, the water sign) but ever since they discovered Ophiachus, they moved all the signs back so I'm now a Gemini. That's a bit confusing. According to William Gray or other sources, do I keep the old sign or take on the new one?

Dear Angie,

The real point in Born to Heal is that apparently each of us have three frequencies, and these are the frequencies needed to heal us. He further stated that there are a total of 36 frequencies, and that there are broadly 12 groups. He was not more specific than that, because if the 36 basic frequencies are randomly assigned, there are a lot more than 12 groups. To be honest, even the notion of 36 basic frequencies is a bit weird to me, because it does not seem to fit the classic patterns found in spirit. These are not around twelves, but around sevens.

Anyway, that's just a comment. I do not disregard his "truth" because I have nothing to supplant it with, and he was, at the end of the day, probably the greatest healer the world has seen. So he clearly has the runs on the board.

I would not think its terribly relevant which star sign you fall into, but what is relevant, is that the partner you choose should be complementary. Now we already know that, just we did not have this basis of it affecting one's health before. Although I guess intuitively if you have a dysfunctional relationship, I would think your health would be affected.

Angie wrote:I haven't yet decided between the natural or divine love paths yet. I'm not sure I want to love anyone unconditionally. It just doesn't feel right for me, especially when I see parents making horrible decisions and I visibly see how if affects their kids, and I'm just supposed to stand back and let it happen? I can't judge people per se, but I can judge the decisions they make, and I'm not sure I want to live in a world where the celestials have divine love and can't even say, "you're making some bad parenting decisions" (or decisions in general.)

I don't think you understand exactly what unconditional love means. It does not mean that you won't have opinions, and it does not mean you won't share them. But it does mean that in sharing your opinions, you will only do that when it is clearly for the good of the other person, and is not infringing their free will. So you would consider if its in their best interest before you did anything. Really much like the way you would parent your own child, surely?

However, this is not actually the point of difference between Natural Love vs Divine Love. Natural Love, as exemplified by maternal love, can often be unconditional. You love your child no matter what. Well most do. So the issue of the unconditional nature is not unique to Divine Love. Those spirits who are well advanced in the Natural Love path, will tend to unconditional love in all their interactions.

What is unique to Divine Love, is the affect it has on your soul. It changes it. It is a very different type of energy, if we can use that word. It only comes from the Creator, and it will turn you into a being that can exit time-space. IE an "eternal" being. Those that choose the natural love path, will not exit time-space. We do not know what their ultimate end-point will be, but they are not eternal beings. As Jesus said in a message: "The stream can rise no higher than its source." As a created being, without some external source of something different, (IE Divine Love) a created being cannot become an eternal being.

love,
Geoff

Angie
New Friend

Postby Angie » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi Geoff,
Thanks for clearing up the difference between natural and divine love. The way the new-age makes it sound, they equate unconditional love with having no judgments or oppinions about anyone or anything, or else if you have them, you can't share them even if you think it'd benefit others (cause people don't like or want to hear what you have to say, specially since they have free will, even if they deny their decisions have an effect on those around them), or else they equate unconditional love with "there's no such thing as right and wrong, good or evil." Thanks for clarifying.

Based on my observations of the relationships I see around me, it's exceedingly difficult to find complementary partners! There seems to be an extremely high number of mismatched partners out there. You'd think that given Bill Gray's success and his corrolation between health and the importance of finding the right match, people would make more of an effort to do it. Seems like everyone I know, old or young, no matter how much they say they're living a "healthy" lifestyle, they always wind up with some illness or other. I can't even take a spin class at my fitness club without overhearing people (even the instructors!) talking about their latest injury or other negative life event. Gets depressing after awhile. No wonder my energy's low and I feel lethargic sometimes. I used to not let anything lower-vibes affect me, but staving it off is becoming more of a struggle. Help! Calling all happy, healthy, vibrant people!

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:57 pm

Dear Angie,

I do sense that you have absorbed a lot of negativity from those around you. I wonder if you are perhaps a bit empathetic? Not that its bad to be an empath, but its harder to keep your balance.

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Angie wrote:"there's no such thing as right and wrong, good or evil."

Yes you hear that. And even if one could accept that as vaguely true, there are always outcomes or consequences. The Bible puts this very clearly. As you sow, so shall your reap. Those folks that think evil has no consequence are not only teaching a falsehood that will have consequences, but they may find if they have committed evil, that the consequences are dire.

Father is guiding us at every moment. And He, as a loving parent who has our greatest good in mind, does give us tough tests, and tough paths to walk. This is true unconditional love. Setting us a challenge knowing the outcome will be worth it, and accepting the pain that we may experience in the short term. Having been a parent myself, its a lot easier to give your child all that they might wish for. But its not in their best interest that you do that. This is something the "Law of Attraction" folks completely overlook.

love,
Geoff

AlFike
New Friend

Postby AlFike » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:08 am

Hi Angie. I thought I would chime in here. It seems that you are looking for a way to circumvent all the dilemmas that life places before each soul. There is no easy path just some that are longer and some that are shorter.

God gives us choice with every breath. We can choose to judge or engage in negative thinking or we can choose to love and accept. If there is someone commiting an act that is harming another, we can choose to ignore this or point out the error. If we react and bring about a positive outcome then we are bringing light. Sometimes even a negative reaction from the other person can bring light eventually if they are able to see their error. So many choices and there is much more negativity out there than positive. Our responsibility is to bring light into ourselves and consequently be a beacon of light in the world. As we broadcast this light we can change those around us if they are receptive. That light is generated by love. That love can either be the result of purifying your inner natural love or by receiving the Divine Love that results in purifying your natural love plus adding something more that can only be experienced to really know . Suffice to say that with enough Divine Love, your questions and dilemmas will be solved with the wisdom and knowledge you will gain by being that much closer to God. I am oversimplifying what would require a long essay to answere your questions and if you read closely the Padgett messages, the explinations about these issues are all there.

Divine Love is the experience of connecting in a way that allows you to open your soul to this special blessing. Believe me, it is an awsome experience and once you feel it, you will never turn back. As you say, the natural pathway is alot of work. The Divine path is alot of commitment to prayer and reflection. As a longtime follower of the divine Path, I want you to know that my prayers have been answered and so have many of my questions but it all starts with love. Take the plunge Angie and I guarantee you will see the world a lot differently. Good luck and God bless. Your brother and friend....Al

Angie
New Friend

Postby Angie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:54 am

It's nice you suggest I'm empathetic, especially when people say I'm not empathetic/understanding/compassionate enough, and I'm told I have the attention span and thought patterns of a guy (in the feminine-energy bandwagon that's not seen as a good thing) all because I'm a loving person but don't have the desire to listen to people's dramas or life events. Perhaps I absorbed negative energy without knowing it, but when looking up "empaths" the only protection suggestion I get is to visualize the pure bright white light, which doesn't help since I can't see, although people brush it off as if it's of little importance, even if I try to explain that how in the world is a person supposed to know the concept of "inner light" if they can't physically see light or color? Why does everyone have to frame everything visually and then brush off the people who don't have vision?

I like the guaranteed eternal life of the DLP but find the reflection/contemplation boring, and I like the spirit world of Anthony Borgia's books (now there's a world I could live in) where people have names, personalities and things to do, but the natural love path seems like a lot of work. I'll wait and see, take my time to decide. I'm not gonna accept, embrace, or declare my unconditional love for something or someone I don't even like! They can exist, just not in my spirit sphere. Always been fascinated with the spirit world ever since I was small, and it was the only thing I truly resonated with. Now there's a world I could live in. The higher realms anyway.

I used to practice these huge piano pieces, but was never satisfied, and felt more relief of "finally that's over" rather than the "all worth it" thing society feels, says I'm supposed to feel, or claims I should feel. I switched my repertoire to much smaller works (1 or 2 pages instead of 20) that can be easily learned in a month, are far less technically demanding but still beautifully artistic. I love it! I get lots of satisfaction, happiness and contentment with minimal effort. There are single, childfree people such as myself who are loving people but don't want marriage and parenthood because they don't feel it's worth it and have no desire to go through what the package deal provides. There are spouses and parents who feel it's worth it to them. So I figured God would work the same way, and let us decide what we want on a case-by-case basis.

Here's that astrological link. Air sign? Water sign? You decide.
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/01/o ... -sign.html

Angie
New Friend

Postby Angie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:54 am

I looked up empath and found a link with no visual references! The Padgett messages are the only things I've read where I experienced no internal resistance. The whole forgiveness idea never felt right to me... until the law of compensation was explained (same with other ideas and spiritual laws.) Gratitude has been warped in a similar way where you're supposed to be grateful for everything indescriminately, and this never felt right to me either, and then I read one of the points of the article, and it gave examples of the nice little things in life. It did not say "everyone must be eternally grateful for all the crap that happens to them in their life. Embrace your negative emotions. Bring it on!"

I think where a lot of popular religious and spiritual movements go wrong is when they tell one side of the story and either give half-truths or outright falsehoods, and market them as truth. So when someone like me has been mired in the quicksand of the new-age movement for so long, and only came out last year and then stumble onto something like the Padgett messages that are vastly different than what is taught to the masses, it takes time to get over the shock, even if it's a refreshing one, where the puzzle pieces fit together and make sense, so it appeals to both your intuition and your logic.

Thanks for the empath suggestion (never considered myself one before. I was always just floating above the chaos and the drama of life) and thanks for the Padgett messages. I think, with time, they will help me get back to my old self.

http://empathfiles.blogspot.com/2010/03 ... rself.html

AlFike
New Friend

Postby AlFike » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:18 am

Sounds like you want the benefits of a spiritual practice but the work part bores you. Believe me Angie, true prayer and meditation is never boring but in order to get to that place of understanding and awareness that you seem to aspire to, you have to put in the time and effort. Divine Love in your soul is aquired by prayer and true longing for this blessing. You have to go deep within and express this desire for God's Love in order to receive it. The accumulation of this Love is dependant on your openess and the intensity of desiring it. You can receive a great deal of it in one second or small bits over a life time. You determine the effectiveness of the process by your sincere efforts and faith in it.
There is no easy way to spiritual fulfillment. It all requires work. One way purifys your inate natural love and the other brings into you a new kind of love that changes you from deep within. No elevator to the top however. God bless....Al

Return to “Questions and Answers”