How does a soul get rid of the effects of sin?

A forum housing typical questions about the Padgett Messages
Geoff
Site Admin

How does a soul get rid of the effects of sin?

Postby Geoff » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:44 am

I have decided to launch this question, because I have realised that many people who have been introduced to the Padgett Messages by AJ, have never had this question answered in the way that it is answered in the Messages. I will leave it up like this for others to contribute. But I will post what was recently "shared" by AJ's group, so that we can look at that too.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: How does a soul get rid of the effects of sin?

Postby Geoff » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:49 am

Here are the so-called 5 steps to repentance, as from AJ's group.

The five steps of repentance talked about in the book club a few weeks ago:

1. The intellectual awareness that I've harmed another.

2. An emotional acknowledgement of my unloving behaviour.

3. A desire to experience the pain that I have created in them.

4. A desire to find the emotional cause of why I did this thing that was
unloving, and then to emotionally experience that.

5. A desire to do every single thing to correct the harm that I have done,
including taking action to reverse it and asking for forgiveness from the
person.

I suppose that means we need to define "repentance" and where that sits along the journey to having a shiney clean soul?

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:28 am

Repentance:

Ezekial 18:30:
30 "Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! TURN AWAY from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel?

Note this does not offer any guarantee that the soul is without blemish. There is no guarantee that the Law of Compensation will not act upon that soul. But I guess its a start, deciding you are sorry. I dont find any emphasis upon "repentance" in the P Messages, strangely. It seems rather that the concept of "atonement" is introduced:

But suffering and the long period of reflection leads them to eventually understand, and it is then that the change in their values associates negative emotions to their recollections, and only then does it happen that their recollections hurt, adding even more pain to their sad situation. And this is also the moment when, in fact, atonement starts. Have you not considered that pain and distress are what we feel when our awareness is keenest? Pleasure and delight are what we feel as we approach unconsciousness! This is something to think about, my little analyst.

love,
Geoff

Connie
New Friend

Postby Connie » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:21 am

Dear fellows,

I feel AJ is wrong and confuses the human love and forgiveness with Fathers Divine Love and Forgiveness.

I do agree that to heal and get rid of a sin, you must know and feel you sinned, be it a sin against yourself or others. But why should God want you to go through all the pain of a wrong act and suffer once more? That just doesn't correspond with my experience of a loving Father.

Where I feel AJ might have a point is the fact, that you need to FEEL to KNOW, and if your ability to feel is damaged, typically because you have suppressed your feelings due to unloving experiences, you must learn again to feel yourself. But you don't need AJ to do that. There are lots of ways to heal your wounds, that doesn't include believing in AJ as Jesus.

Love Always,
Connie
Your gift to God is honesty. God's gift to you is Truth.

Return to “Questions and Answers”