John 17:20-26

If you want to have a discussion of things outside of the Padgett Messages, please do that here.
gjambor
New Friend

John 17:20-26

Postby gjambor » Mon May 13, 2013 1:50 am

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share something here. I recently started visiting here again and reading the messages . I have been trying to really get the feeling of what it is like to long for God's love from deep in my soul . This is not always so easy for me , but I have been working on it.
Like many I was raised Catholic, my wife still is , I often go to church with my family and look for good things and try not to judge .
Well today's Gospel John 17: 20-26 really got my attention. I am always looking for more info from wherever I can about the real mission of Jesus. In my opinion I think this Gospel sums it up very nicely. Please read it and tell me what you think.

Lifting up his eyes to heaven, Jesus prayed saying:
“Holy Father, I pray not only for them,
but also for those who will believe in me through their word,
so that they may all be one,
as you, Father, are in me and I in you,
that they also may be in us,
that the world may believe that you sent me.
And I have given them the glory you gave me,
so that they may be one, as we are one,
I in them and you in me,
that they may be brought to perfection as one,
that the world may know that you sent me,
and that you loved them even as you loved me.
Father, they are your gift to me.
I wish that where I am they also may be with me,
that they may see my glory that you gave me,
because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
Righteous Father, the world also does not know you,
but I know you, and they know that you sent me.
I made known to them your name and I will make it known,
that the love with which you loved me
may be in them and I in them.”

I recently finally told my wife what kind of heretic I really am. I told her I did not accept the atonement doctrine ,which I think is the biggest stumbling block for most "christians". The more verses I can find in the bible that support my position, the more comfortable I can be discussing Jesus's real mission on earth.

:P God bless you all !!
George

Zara Borthwick
Family

Re: John 17:20-26

Postby Zara Borthwick » Mon May 13, 2013 4:18 am

Hi George,

The reality of social faiths is that whilst part of their belief to their faith is that an afterlife exists, most know nothing of it and therefore Jesus is always portrayed in the context of the past. We know that he lived but the dynamic of 'why' he lived is still the source of much mystery to social faiths.

Reading a Padgett Message puts us in touch with a belief that the living Jesus in the afterlife has continued to teach through James Padgett and the essence in this work was the same when he lived … to bring about the human awareness that the Divine Love of God is distinct and separate than the natural love of man. This truth is the same truth that exists in the human afterlife.

There are many parts to the mission of the human Jesus, just as there are many parts to the life of Jesus now living in the spirit world. The reality of the Divine Love as we continue to receive It and to be receptive of It, provides us to slowly see inanimate truths become living and this helps us to experience a living truth.

We are fortunate to have the freedom to interpret the human life of Jesus for ourselves but conventional faiths will not be able to teach and reveal what the true Immortality is as a potential for the mortal soul. Simply surviving life after death does not confirm our Immortality - and so what ever gospel we read, we must ever be aware that the purpose of the Holy Spirit is to convey the Divine Love that we ask for into our soul.

Many years ago there was a man who wrote on this site who had a problem 'longing' for Divine Love. My guidance there was for him to accept the Love and in this way, one was not emotionally hooked in a perpetual cycle but rather a more loving fulfilling and deep acceptance of the Love received. He understood this because I also said that we often long for something … but by finding the truth about the Love, our longing is over and we can turn this into accepting and learning about what it was that we longed for but now have found! The journey to find the truth is over!

With love,
Zara

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon May 13, 2013 7:11 am

Dear George,

Good to hear from you again. Its not a good strategy to try and 'prove" your position, even if you use Bible quotes. Its far better to offer your wife the chance to FEEL the love. But that said, it seems like you are yourself battling with that aspect, so maybe you would not be as convincing as you might wish?

The atonement doctrines I think are well embedded in the Bible. In my opinion is is common sense that challenges them best. No God of Love would send His Beloved Son to die on the cross, to achieve nothing that He, God could not do Himself in a flash - the forgiveness of all those sinners. But curiously there are some Bible passages that do defy the notion of requiring universal atonement by a perfect being:

Matthew 5:26
New International Version (NIV)
26 Truly I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.

and the same message:

Luke 12:59
New International Version (NIV)
59 I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.”

Both suggest that its possible to achieve compensation for sin, even if it is going to be to the last penny. Certainly that suggests that there is no need for a vicarious atonement. But I suspect the churches can talk their way out of that too. They have spent 2000 years refining their arguments!!

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

gjambor
New Friend

Postby gjambor » Mon May 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Thanks for the replies . I appreciate your advice and experience. Just like any worthwhile endeavour, patience and effort are required. Since May of last year I have been adding onto and rebuilding my house, It is quite a project. That's the main reason I have been "away" .
God bless,
George

Return to “Discussions of other beliefs or spiritual frameworks.”