The Jesus Family Tomb

If you want to have a discussion of things outside of the Padgett Messages, please do that here.
Geoff
Site Admin

The Jesus Family Tomb

Postby Geoff » Mon May 31, 2010 4:03 am

Did anyone know this book came out in 2007, and has a matching documentary? It must have been black holed, as the first I saw of this was the book offered at $4.99 at a discount book store.

Well its a ripper of a book. Doesn't matter if you have issues, as we do, with the notion that Jesus had any bones to bury. Its still a wonderful read. A sobering thought that this tomb, with its ten ossuaries, six with names on them, reaches a probability of one in 2.5 million against there being a random occurrence of those names, Mary, Mariamne, James, Joseph, and Jesus. The point is, all these names were common, but it's not common at all, to find all these together. In fact it's never happened before. Of course a "nigger" in the woodpile is the ossuary with the label "Judah son of Jesus". Still, a well researched and well written book.

Did you know there is yet another unpublished gospel manuscript dating to that time - Gospel of Phillip? It's in a Greek Monastery, and not yet translated into English. It's in French, if anyone cares. Gee I wish more of these old manuscripts would pop up. But that one I gather tells that Mary Magdalene was known by another name - Mariamne. They were even able to get DNA from the Jesus ossuary. Proved that he and Mariamne were not related, so what was she doing in that tomb?

One thing remains unexplained. The existence of a huge chevron with a circle below it. Some sort of ancient sign, but no one knows about it.

Authors Simcha Jacobovici and Charles Pellegrino
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Lynda JH
New Friend

Re: The Jesus Family Tomb

Postby Lynda JH » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:59 pm

Hello Geoff,

Whilst reading the notice board for the first time just to get a feel of the sort of posts that there are, I obviously read this, your message. Do you know of the books written by physic Sylvia Browne, who also began her religion of the Novus Spiritus. I have her book entitled The Mystical Life of Jesus and she writes that Jesus did not die on the cross but survived the crucifixion which was carefully planned by pilot and his uncle Joseph of Arimathea. To ensure that he did not die, when Jesus cried out that he was thirsty, and they passed the sponge of wine, this had a sleeping drug contained in it to make him pass out, so that it would look like he had died and they would not have to break his legs. The crucifixion being a Saturday and it was late heading towards evening and the fact that Jewish law states that there should be no bodies left on crosses on the Sabbath, that was how they were able to plot and ensure he did not die. Bodies have to be taken off the crosses and if the people hanging are not dead, they break their legs to induce that they die quicker, by the fact that they cannot use their legs to push upwards with their feet, to release pressure on the chest so that they can breath. Apparently the spear in the side of Jesus to check that he was dead was not very severe.

There are other gospels written by Mary Magdalene, Philip, James and others, which have been found. There are the Berlin codex and the biggest find of books in Egypt at Nag Hammadi, but most of latter writings relate to the Gnostics. All of Jesus' writings are supposedly hidden in France and according to Sylvia Browne, Jesus lived till aged eighty six in south of France. That he and Mary Magdalene got married after his travels from the age of fifteen to aged thirty, after spending ten years in India and that the marriage at Cana was his marriage and that Jesus and Mary Magdalene gave birth to four children, two daughters and two sons. I have been extremely confused by the fact that none of this is corroborated in the Padgett messages or any future messages received by Jesus or his apostles.

Sylvia Browne states that she has done her own research alongside conversations with her spirit guides and I thought her book wonderful and enlightening, but now am frightened as to which are the truths. We are constantly receiving messages through other mediums we believe from Jesus, his apostles and other celestial spirits.

I have six books written by Sylvia Browne, the three volumes of the Course in Miracles and three of the Padgett books and have been avidly reading through this site all other messages contained in the books I do not have of Padgett, Samuels, etc. and I have only come across one message in volume I of the Gospels Revealed Anew by Jesus that follows something that Sylvia Browne has written and also Betty Shine (English Psychic and Healer) and that is the silver cord that the essence from our soul emanates along into our mortal body and it is this cord that ceases to exist when the physical or mortal body dies and our soul or spirit leaves the physical realm of earth and passes over. In other words the silver cord is the souls link with the mortal, physical body.

If there is anyone that can enlighten me and help me with my concerns. There can only be one set of truths and we all know that lies are destructive and I have reservations and concerns about discrediting a source of information. Many of us are seeking the truth, because we are trying to get it right and return to be with God and for 2000 years we are still having difficulties because of the Bible and egoism in humankind.

You have a nice smile, good photo
Best regards
Lynda

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Lynda JH wrote:Sylvia Browne states that she has done her own research alongside conversations with her spirit guides and I thought her book wonderful and enlightening, but now am frightened as to which are the truths. We are constantly receiving messages through other mediums we believe from Jesus, his apostles and other celestial spirits.

Dear Lynda,

Welcome.

Yes this is something we all have to handle. It has happened to me personally at least three times on a major scale, and finally after about ten years I think I can handle anything. :lol: :lol:

I have only one of Sylvia Browne's books, and while I found some stuff that resonated, most of it did not. This was a book on life after death, and as my library is in boxes, I am not sure of the title. She however believes in reincarnation, another matter I have decided against. I suspect one of the most important things you can learn on earth, is how to discern Truth. But looking around, one would have to conclude few do.

My own advice is two fold. One is to work on your soul based perceptions, as that is where you will discern Truth, and not the logical mind. The other is to create an "in basket" where you can park issues till you find an answer. So don't throw your conflicts away, making a snap decision in favour of one. Park them till you KNOW the answer. In the end it must be your answer, not mine.

A Course in Miracles is a wonderful book. I lent my copy out, and doubt I will get it back. :cry:

Lynda JH wrote:If there is anyone that can enlighten me and help me with my concerns. There can only be one set of truths and we all know that lies are destructive and I have reservations and concerns about discrediting a source of information. Many of us are seeking the truth, because we are trying to get it right and return to be with God and for 2000 years we are still having difficulties because of the Bible and egoism in humankind.

I recently read, via a message a good friend received, that the universe will actually seek to support any strongly held beliefs you have, and truth does not come into it. The only way forward, in my view, is to try to remain open minded, and DEMAND Truth.

love,
Geoff

jimmyaloha
New Friend

Postby jimmyaloha » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:19 am

Seems we have the orthodox and the way out there points of view. Someone recently reported to me that Sylvia Brown took a lot of her writing about the spirit world from the classic Life after Death in the Worlds Unseen .....channeled through Anthony Borgia so long ago. Then I read a report by an evangelical christian who said the whole tomb story was perpetrated by that 'liberal bias' Discovery Channel on TV to discredit the gospels etc ..and warning his readers to beware of such heresies. So it would be nice to find evidence of the sarcophagus of Jesus or his brother James with the names of his mother, father, brother, and/or wife on it ...Yes if proved authentic that would certainly shake the orthodox tree and confirm what Padget and a few others have received. I have followed Sylvia Brown for many years and find her books amusing but not very credible. I am not sure what the DNA evidence on the sarcophagus in question proved. Do you know?

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:12 am

Dear Jimbeau,

Good to see you here. Not sure however that Lynda will reply, as her post was a year ago. I am also not sure what dna would prove. I found some things in Silvia's book that were definitely original, and the rest too confused to have been taken from Borgia's work. Especially her difficulty in describing the function of the hells, because you can't believe in that and reincarnation at the same time.

love,
Geoff

Stu
New Friend

Postby Stu » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:38 am

Hi everyone!

The idea that Jesus' family had a tomb doesn't cause me any angst. This tomb and the sensationalism connected to it must be put in the proper context. The expectation that the actual bones from the body of Jesus would be found or could be identified with any certainty by archaeologists is comical. Fake the resurrection, hide the body, conceal the true story and then write his name on the ossuary that contains the evidence you lied? It doesn't make sense!

The DNA evidence proved the person whose remains were found in the ossuary marked "Yehohus bar Yosef" was not a brother related to the remains found in the ossuary marked "Mariamene e Mara" via a common mother. Mitochondrial DNA can only show that the two samples tested did not have the same mother. It's not even certain the DNA tested was ancient or that it didn' belong to looters who struck the tomb in antiquity or members of the family attending to the remains. It's unclear why the DNA in the Judah ossuary wasn't tested to see if he was indeed Mariamene e Mara's son. This may never be resolved. Biblical artifacts are moving targets surrounded by people frantically blowing smoke. Any conclusion seems to do little more than stoke ther resolve of others to refute it.

Consider the Turin Shroud, the Sudarium of Oviedo, and the so-called James Ossuary--you must dig deeper than the surface to fully appreciate the significance of the scientific facts about these remarkable artifacts, for there is a network devoted to denying and confusing the truths surrounding them as well. I point specifically to the work of Herschel Shanks in exposing the rush by the IAA to declare the ossuary inscription a fake by using a panel of experts acting outside of their expertise and the repeated confident declarations that the shroud is a forgery only to have them later reversed by new evidence the shroud is genuine. There are hidden agendas everywhere. This is true of those who promote their authenticity as well. Should the shroud be genuine, the Jesus Family Tomb must be improperly understood, since no bones would exist to be placed in an ossuary for Jesus of Nazareth. We may never really know and it shouldn't matter anyway.

A vibrant industry exists around denial of key aspects of the life ane death of Jesus. It is necessary to deny his death as described in the Gospels in order to deny the resurrection. It is necessary to deny the resurrection for many reasons and each has its corresponding industry. Some seek to promote other figures as being the "true" prophet, messiah, or Son of God. Some want to link other mystic religions to Jesus so they may claim he was a master of their ways and only found success because of their wisdom. Some date back to attempts to link European royal bloodlines to the supposed son of Jesus and Mary Magdalene in an effort to justify everything from the right to a royal legacy, the Crusades or supremacy over the Pope. Some simply want to cling to reincarnation and can't figure out how the resurrection fits in. Others go even further and try to claim Jesus was not an individual at all--but a collection of other mystic figures cobbled together to create a legendary symbol. With so many secrets, hidden artifacts and untold stories attached to Jesus, I decided years ago he must have been a remarkable man because it seems everyone wants a piece of him. We know all these stories can't be true, but we explore them anyway and there's plenty of money to be made exploiting our curiosity.

The Padgett messages say that each of us has a desire for Truth built into our souls. At some point most of us confronts the story of the crucifixion and resurrection. Some of us are left wondering how much of the story is true. Our "truth detectors" are uncomfortable with the story as it is traditionally told, and often more so with how the events that followed are interpreted. We seek more information and inevitably encounter the industry built around providing us exactly what we seek--reinforcement for our doubts. Many come here, or otherwise encounter the Padgett material in the course of exploring all these alternatives; often after having been temporarily seduced by the falsehoods.

You'll find plenty of people who feel the Padgett messages and other medium-based material is also a product of that same "tell me what I want to hear" industry. I'm quite sure more than a little of it is. I think it’s sad that some mediums aren't terribly concerned about it. Even if you accept the afterlife and spirit communication, you still have to deal with the fact that non-celestial spirits make mistakes too. Their information clutters the landscape and is further reinforced by the concept death instantly reveals all hidden knowledge and all truth becomes known. It does not.

Geoff's efforts to explore the past and current limitations of mediums by exposing and confronting discrepancies are invaluable. Over time the open mind will begin to see threads of truth covered with layers and layers of falsehood. You'll see much of the falsehood is created by well-meaning people, but it is done so in the context of spiritual darkness and perpetuated by the same darkness. This is true across all religions and belief systems to the extent each furthers man's attempt to supersede God's Laws with his own.

Lynn is correct. There can only be one Truth and it is very unlikely to be found among the artifacts of
man's creation.

Love to all!
Stu

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:39 am

Dear Stu,

Good to see you and a great post.

love,
Geoff

Lynn
New Friend

Postby Lynn » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi All:

Just wanted to post a few items that stirred by attention, primarily many accounts of the crucifixion and the events that happened afterwords. I too have read those popular books, and some of those I am no longer in possession of them. Out of the house they went. For me, at least they no longer appeared credible, and have caused quite a confusion at times for me during my spiritual journey. Truly thankful for being brought here.

Revelation 25: Jesus throws more light on his trial and crucifixion and supplies additional truths about his birth.,

Joseph of Arimathea describes what happened after the remains of Jesus were put in the tomb.

Revelation 11: Jesus elaborates further on His Crucifixion, resurrection and what followed.

(sorry, not that great with the cut, and paste - Geoff fixed it.).

These letters that are posted, for me, are very moving and explains quite a lot.

If one has a chance, Geoff has recommended watching "The Jesus Family Tomb." Also review "The Secret Family of Jesus," a production of Dr. Robert Beckford. The latter gives the viewer another explanation to digest, especially regarding the early struggles of formation of the early church, and its leader. Not Peter, not Paul, but James, Jesus' real blood brother. Along with reading the Padget messages and viewing some of the documentaries, I am inclined to think/feel that there was quite a bit of power struggle, jealously, and/or prejudices among the "traditional men" during that time. A few years ago I had the opportunity to go to an exhibit of Ancient Treasures of the HolyLand, and one of the ossuaries was "Simon of Cyrene, the other, I cannot remember whose it was. It was not as ornate as Simons. So it was quite interesting in Mr. Jacobi's film to see of all of the ossuaries that have been recovered from other prior excavations, have the same detail as the of the one in the traveling exhibit I was able to attend.

Much love all,
Another Lynn.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:09 am

Dear Lynn,

Good to see you here, I trust you are keeping well.

love,
Geoff

Return to “Discussions of other beliefs or spiritual frameworks.”