Astral City

Post reviews or recommendations for movies that have a spiritual theme or touch on spiritual subjects.
seekerza
New Friend

Astral City

Postby seekerza » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:25 am

Hi Geoff

Thank you sooooo much for adding this board. Much appreciated!

I would like to recommend the movie "Astral City".

It is based on the best selling book by medium Chico Xavier, the film tells the story of Andre Luiz, a successful doctor who experiences an enlightening spiritual awakening after his death. When he wakes up in the spiritual world, he embarks on a new journey of self-discovery and transformation, from his first days in a dimension of pain and suffering, until when he is rescued and taken to the spiritual Astral City. With magnificent art direction and special effects that have never been seen before in a Brazilian production, and featuring an amazing score by composer Philip Glass, the film brings to the screen what life is like at the Astral City that hovers in the upper layers of the Earth's atmosphere.

There is a reincarnation scene in the movie, but that is up to the viewer to decide. Overall, this movie is an excellent example of the afterlife.

I do have the movie with English Subtitles somewhere on my hard-disk, but the movie quality is really poor. Unfortunately, I can't find the link where I downloaded it.

However, here is one for our German friends on youtube :banana:

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Astral City

Postby Geoff » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi Godfrey,

Thanks for that. Very curiously on another board where I am active, the same movie was recommended, and I had occasion to research Chico Xavier. He did believe in reincarnation.

hugs
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

seekerza
New Friend

Re: Astral City

Postby seekerza » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi Geoff

Here's a movie about Chico himself. :howdie:

The Mothers of Chico Xavier (As Mães de Chico Xavier) - full movie - English subtitles

Return to “Movies with a spiritual touch”