Is there a limit for spiritual growth as a human

A forum for general discussion of all things relating to the messages received by James Padgett and subsequent mediums, and which are hosted on this site.
Connie
New Friend

Is there a limit for spiritual growth as a human

Postby Connie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi,

I have two questions:

What is the highest sphere a deceased mortal (that we know of) has entered into? Is there some kind of limit for spiritual growth as a human? And what signs do we have as humans as to which corresponding sphere we are in here on earth - or where we would end up if we suddenly died? It seems that we know where we are when in spirit and that we know when we leave one sphere to enter the next sphere. To me spiritual progress is difficult to point out and seems more gradually experienced than to a spirit in the afterlife.

Some believe that our soul has a true name, but until now I haven't read anything of that kind on these pages?

Love allways,
Connie
Your gift to God is honesty. God's gift to you is Truth.

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Is there a limit for spiritual growth as a human

Postby Geoff » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:07 am

Connie wrote:What is the highest sphere a deceased mortal (that we know of) has entered into? Is there some kind of limit for spiritual growth as a human? And what signs do we have as humans as to which corresponding sphere we are in here on earth - or where we would end up if we suddenly died? It seems that we know where we are when in spirit and that we know when we leave one sphere to enter the next sphere. To me spiritual progress is difficult to point out and seems more gradually experienced than to a spirit in the afterlife.

Some believe that our soul has a true name, but until now I haven't read anything of that kind on these pages?

Dear Connie,

You did say two questions? LOL.

The highest sphere we know of, is Mother Teresa, into the Fifth.

But no matter how advanced you are, when you die you go to the First Sphere. If you have the soul development for higher spheres, then you move on to the second, and so on. I don't know how fast that happens, but presumably as fast as you can acclimatise.

The "signs" are pretty well impossible to define. I would say any mortal who exhibits a strong "holy" aura, and is extremely gracious and loving, is doing very well.

Is there a limit? I don't know for sure. Jesus represents a case in point. We are told he reached the level of the top of the seventh, just before his baptism by John. Is that to say that in the ensuing three years he had no more progress? I doubt that. But he stayed here, fully mortal and human.

I will now give you my understanding, based on things like the Urantia Book. Not on anything in Padgett. Once you reach the top of the seventh, you are given a choice. You may complete the transition to the Celestial, but you then lose the mortal body, in a mini-fusion explosion. Nothing will be left of the body. But it seems it is allowable to delay that final step, and I gather some spirit teachers currently teaching humans, have done that. They clearly continue to progress, even as they stay in the Spirit Spheres. Presumably that is what happened to Jesus, although he was a living mortal, not a spirit at that time.

As for "soul" names, no I think that is wrong. Names are assigned, at different levels of progress. So not just one name for a "soul". You will have a name in the Spirit Spheres, and a different one in the Celestial. But names are not necessary in any way, so it seems rather superfluous to me. Folks get all excited about that, and want to know their name. Its a silly and stupid egotistical diversion.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

James B
Old Friend

Postby James B » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:03 am

Hi Geoff,

Why would the New Birth require the loss of our mortal body? I'd always thought that the entire transformation, even the New Birth, would be quite subtle overall.

-James

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:44 am

Dear James,

The only answer I can give is that you become a resident of the eternal non-material realms, and a physical body wont go there.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

bmfoster
New Friend

Postby bmfoster » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:27 am

Dear all,

This is what I got from AP John today pertaining to some of the questions posed by Connie

Hello Brenda,
Hello John

I want to answer the question you ask about, what is the highest a mortal has ever gone after passing over. That would have been our brother Jesus, but apart from him, there were a few of them that passed over with the Love, but this is not in recent times; the highest one went into the 12th sphere; there were, approximately four.

How high a Celestial was the Master when he was on earth especially in his last days before he was killed?
In his last three years on earth he had progressed to the 15th sphere and after passing over he progressed to the un-numbered spheres.

2) Do we mortals have spiritual Names?
All souls has a spiritual name given to them by the Heavenly Father before there are incarnated into the physical; and obviously you would have been given a name by you mortal parents to be indentified; you will come into the spirit world with your mortal name because this is the name that everyone knows you by all your life. We will continue to use that name in the spirit world because that is what you are known by; but our Father has a spiritual name for each of us. So in truth, most person in human and spirit have two names.

[b]Are we ever called by our spiritual names once we entered the spirit world as time goes by?

You are not usually called by that name , but the Father would have registered that name, and sometimes the soul ends up with its real spiritual name because it was impressed upon the parents at birth.
There are lots of cases where the human child ends up with its real spiritual name given by the Father.

3)Is there a limit for spiritual growth in humans, due to the physical?
No, there is not limit; but your soul would be so purified by the Divine Love, you would see anything evil, you hear no evil, and do not evil. Once you are fully purified and developed in the Love.

Hope this helps
Much love
Brenda

Return to “General Discussion of the Padgett Messages”