The Law of Attraction

A forum for general discussion of all things relating to the messages received by James Padgett and subsequent mediums, and which are hosted on this site.
James B
Old Friend

Re: The Law of Attraction

Postby James B » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:48 am

Hi Geoff.

Your posts and quotes are quite interesting. It occurred to me that there was something missing in the so-called "Law of Attraction." To me, it feels as though the entire idea has been ported out of context and presented as a "Get Happy Quick Scheme." What seems to be missing is the rather Buddhist notion of mindfulness.

I suppose the idea could be called the Law of Attraction, but it seems to me that what they're writing about (and what your quotes warn about) is what we've had introduced to us as the Law of Desire - that our true desires are fulfilled, and that without spiritual progress, those desires might be less than healthy.

I've also thought long and hard about the natural and man-made disasters that seem to spring up, and often catch innocents in their wake. I'm no great shakes at channeling anything, be it spirit or my own Adjuster, but there's one thing that always sticks with me in my thoughts, something that was made plain in messages about the Law of Compensation: That hatred is equal to damage. I don't think it matters if that damage is due to fists, bullets, theft, arson, tornadoes, tsunamis, or earthquakes - every single one of those things is a useful medium to pass the message.

So I do believe that individuals create their reality. But they create it without understanding their true desires, and without consideration of the greater community that they belong to. Those desires can then manifest in ugly, unloving ways, and those hateful manifestations trigger the Law of Compensation which affects entire areas rather than individuals in this world.

-James

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:17 am

Dear James,

Thanks for your thoughts. I can see we agree it is being presented far too simplistically, indeed as if its GOOD to desire anything at all. Whereas we know from the stages of growth in the Spirit Spheres that you do not exit the First Sphere until you realise that spiritual progress is more important that material stuff. If one comes from a position of love, instead of ego, you will manifest only that which is good for you. I am still looking for that "clincher" that will indicate that some things that happen to us are not a function of the Law of Attraction.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

James B
Old Friend

Postby James B » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:55 am

The best part of coming from a position of love is that whatever you manifest will also be beneficial to everyone around you, too.

I don't think I've got a clincher either, Geoff. In the end, I think it's best for us to differentiate the 'published' Law of Attraction with the 'Padgett' Law of Attraction. The Padgett Law suggests that we will tend toward congregating in homogeneous communities that share similar values and beliefs. I do believe that the Padgett messages implied that the Law does work here, too, but that geographical and social boundaries would take precedence. Also, there is the information that every Sphere's environment is tailored towards and shaped by the soul condition of its inhabitants.

Somehow, I don't think that earth is any different than the first sphere in that regard. There is definitely a delay, as well as the natural tendencies of the planet, but I'm pretty sure that the crappier the overall attitude of humanity gets, the crappier the earth will look and behave.

-J

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:57 am

Just had this message pointed out to me:

"To finally arrive at the question posed: 'Is the Law of Attraction real?' Yes. 'Does it always apply?' No! It has potential, if you are positive in your outlook on life, if you place yourself in circumstances where it will work for you, but as a panacea for poverty it will not always work, especially on a planet of the super rich and the dirt poor. Besides this, you arrived on this earth at a carefully selected time, in a carefully selected place, which will provide the best 'classes' for soul growth, and with the best around-the-clock Teachers, often ignored, sometimes even scorned.

It's in this transmission

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:30 am

Curiously, Judas weighed in on this topic. But because he used the title "law of Desire" it was under my radar, but I think we are now getting to the more correct term for the commonly termed Law of attraction: Law of Desire

In fact he covered it twice: Perfection, Self love and the Law of Desire.

This is beginning to make a lot more sense, when you realise it is actually a Law of Desire, you can see why you can get things sometimes, and not others, and also sometimes that no matter how hard you try, your soul simply does not reflect the desire your mind has, and its the soul that must do the desiring. And that those that have no self love, will never have positive soul based desires achieved. And now you can also see that suggesting everything that happens to you is a "Law of Attraction" is just silly. If your soul desires it, it will occur. Otherwise not, And this leaves lots of space for random stuff.

love,
Geoff

James B
Old Friend

Postby James B » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:35 pm

Yeah, Judas' messages are exactly what I had in mind in my first June 22nd post. There was another message - one of the original Padgett ones, I think - where a spirit indicated that while humanity might scoff at the notion that our actions could coax a meteor to strike earth (which I think they're using as an example), spirits would find that completely plausible. Of course, I can't find the message for the life of me, but it's largely from that assertion that I'm comfortable with making a loose connection between natural disasters and the Law of Compensation. Between the Laws of Desire and Compensation I think humanity in general has to be skewing events beyond their 'normal' behavior. I don't think that humanity is responsible for the actual creation of hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and the like - nature is beautiful even in its ferocity. I do think, however, that our sins and hatred could act as a magnet and draw those natural phenomena close enough to be dangerous to us.

-James

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:25 am

Dear James,

Gee you even used the term "Law of Desire". I still did not connect that with the messages Judas delivered. I think I need to re-read all of them.

love,
Geoff

Stu
New Friend

Postby Stu » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:12 am

Hi everyone!

This discussion is interesting. I had been thinking about the idea that God creates by Law and that man, since his fall, has tried to assume the role of the Creator by supplanting God's Laws with his own. The more man turns to refining his own acts of creation to resolve his previous mistakes, the more chaotic things become. That's because the world he seeks to improve already operates by another set of Laws that he only dimly acknowledges and understands even less. Man's creation has resulted in a gap between where we are now and where we could be if we simply let the existing laws work as intended.

The initial discussion here of people seeing the Law of Attraction as a tool to fulfill desire is an expression of that same gap. In our arrogance the law is misunderstood-- so much so that some seek to control it to fulfill the imagined needs of an unenlightened soul. But since the Law exists it will still operate, either at a higher level or a lower one.

This is the message James had in mind: http://new-birth.net/contemporary/ks42.htm

God's laws are perfect. His creations are perfect. Humankind has become imperfect because his free will choices have not been always motivated by love. These results are apparent in the hatred displayed in the nations trying to prove that they should be the victors. They have as much right to be in control as anyone else. They have not adopted the "live and let live" attitude.

I will go so far as to conclude that humankind, because of the lack of love development, because of the negative emotions taking ascendancy in their lives, attract "compensation" for their unloving thoughts and actions, creating events which otherwise would not have occurred.

To the "thinking person," it seems too far fetched to believe that, for example, a meteorite could be attracted to earth as a result of evil thoughts, desires, and intentions. But to a soul developed in Love, this is a plausible fact. To the soul developed in Love, "coincidences" are seen as the perfect workings of God's laws, blessing, guiding, and overseeing the care of His beloved children.

The thought occurs to me that while man is a creator, a good portion of his soul development involves learning that he really doesn't have to be one. All we have to do is give love as fast as we receive it and the rest will be taken care of for us.

Love to all!
Stu

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:02 am

Dear Stu,

Some good thoughts there, and thanks for tracking down that message. Yup, we are certainly "creating" a mess at the present.

love,
Geoff

James B
Old Friend

Postby James B » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:48 am

Thanks Stu! I was quite frustrated trying to look that up!

-James

Return to “General Discussion of the Padgett Messages”