The Law of Attraction

A forum for general discussion of all things relating to the messages received by James Padgett and subsequent mediums, and which are hosted on this site.
Geoff
Site Admin

The Law of Attraction

Postby Geoff » Sun May 29, 2011 6:30 am

While on this site are communications going back nearly 100 years, and which explain the function of the Law of Attraction, in recent years this so called Law has been popularised. In particular Ester and Jerry Hicks wrote a book called "The Law of Attraction". As a matter of fact, "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne (who initially had Ester Hicks as the narrator in her proposed film, but later wiggled out of that.) and reached even greater heights of popularity (with aggressive marketing), all based on their interpretation of a Law of Attraction. Anyone who takes the trouble to see what James Padgett received will discover its very different to that which "Abraham" tells Ester Hicks.

So what is in "The Secret" and the book "The Law of Attraction?"

Well these point out that that which you hold in mind, coupled with an emotional force behind it, comes to fruition, remarkably often. In fact they like to claim, always. But the question is, do you actually "attract" this, or is this the wrong use of the word "attraction?"

I suppose it may well be a bit pedantic, and also stupid to try to re-write the now-accepted explanation of this phenomenon, it's already been accepted into the lexicon. However, it is probably a good thing to really understand how things work, if we are trying to utilise Spiritual Laws. So what does James Padgett's channelings say the Law of Attraction is? Well he says it is the inter-spirit attraction caused by like-mindedness, what you might also view as common harmonies. He says that you will draw to you those spirit entities according to your focus, intention and spiritual level. To what end? Well we do receive thoughts into our minds from myriads of sources. If you attract low level spirits, even dark spirits, they will fill your mind with un-spiritual and unloving ideas, and generally make your spiritual path very much harder than it might otherwise be. For example if you are an alcoholic, you will get lots of "support" from low level spirits in the astral plane who will encourage you to drink. Conversely, if you have already started to raise your spiritual level, and your thoughts and desires are of a higher and non-material nature, you will attract advanced spirit entities who will fill your mind with more higher thoughts, and thus ease your spiritual advancement. A sort of carrot and stick situation. Is there any evidence that this is true? Well I would say I have personally experienced it to be true, but better evidence or support is found once you study the nature of the next realm. Here this Law of Attraction is so strong that it creates harmonious communities of spirits, and in so doing, creates the heavens and the hells. So we have evidence already that the Law of Attraction is an inter-entity thing. Is there any evidence that it is something that draws to you material things that you desire? I would say that the fact that people do "manifest" what they desire is not any evidence per se that it is a Law of Attraction, but some explanation is required of what Law is at work. So what is it?

Well I would submit that it is a Creative Law. We are basically creators, although in this realm it's much harder to discern, probably because a deliberate delay has been built in. No doubt to prevent chaos. But in the next realm, if you concentrate your mind, and with the power of love desire something, you can create that thing on the spot, be it clothes, or even a house. While I have read in "The Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East" that there were individuals who could do exactly that, and even materialize all their needs such as food, I have not otherwise seen any evidence myself. One individual on a message board said that he had created a paperclip out of nothing, and I was inclined to believe him. So, it seems to me that the basis of the Secret is not the Law of Attraction at all, but some Creative Law.

Another interesting thing is the nature of the delay in manifesting. I can see the sense in our thoughts having a delay, because lets face it most of us are very uncontrolled in our thinking. But while this delay seems accepted by all those teachers out there on the band wagon, its also clear that its possible, if rare to get instantaneous creation. So, some people learn to bypass the delay?

What about folks who maintain that everything that happens to you is due to the Law of Attraction? Well I reject this notion. (I may have to revise my opinion, see later quotes) Firstly it is no function of the Law of Attraction as I know it. Secondly this material world was specifically designed to function very differently to the next realm where that sort of thing may occur. Here is a realm that is designed to teach us, and it is exempt from Divine Justice. In other words, you do not get a reaction to what you do, immediately here. In fact you could be a drug dealer all your life, and never experience the karmic effects of your actions IN THIS REALM. as I said Justice is not enacted here, this is a sphere of mercy, rather than Justice. It is a play ground, to find ourselves. But there certainly exists Divine Justice in the next, which immediately acts upon the soul condition of the spirit, as soon as it arrives there. So there is plenty of evidence that this realm is MEANT to be different to the next.

Of course there do appear to be synchronous events. Situations that seem to have been brought about for some useful cosmic purpose. But this is, in my mind, a very different thing from claiming that absolutely everything that ever happens to you in your whole life is all a Law of Attraction event.

In fact I rather suspect there may even be a sort of Law of Random Events that acts here, because evolution as we know it is subject to such random events, as well as creative input from on high. Just take where you live. You may have neighbours with whom you are "in harmony" but it is as likely to be quite the opposite. That you have little in common with your neighbours. They certainly don't even play a role in most of our lives, these days. Of course this sort of discussion is very hard to "prove", but in the Bible is the story of a child born blind, and Jesus is asked why this happened. He answered through Padgett, and he certainly did not suggest it was the Law of Attraction of the child, nor even his parents.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: The Law of Attraction

Postby Geoff » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:06 am

Just come across another site, with messages from Jesus, and I have to say so far it rings true to me. But, what rather surprised me, is that I think I have found something that starts to address my issues with "The Secret". I will quote that here, although I have still to get permission for that.:

I WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU ABOUT YOUR SELF-WILL AND ITS CREATED SELF-DELUSIONS....
Earthly Consciousness is a fabric you spin with your thoughts and feelings. If only you had heightened perceptions, you would see it as a kind of dense fog. This is released into the air around you. When it is not ignited with the powerful drive of desire, intention, purpose, it lies around you like so much waste. But when your thoughts and feelings unite in thought patterns of desire, or intention or purpose, you have created a life-form. That life-form is a blue-print, an electrical outline of your intention and the corresponding magnetic field of emotion draws particles of energy together to bring this driving intention into visible manifestation.
Please realise that this creation in the unseen around you is yours. Out of your limited knowledge of yourself -yes, your very limited knowledge of yourself, what you really believe, how you really react in certain circumstances, how you really impinge upon your environment and affect other people, how truly honest you are in all circumstances - out of this very limited knowledge, you contrive to build these consciousness forms - the blue prints of your desires, intentions and purposes to be experienced in the future. You do this unknowingly until you realise what you are doing. Then you will possibly join a class where you will be taught to do it deliberately.
Believe me, these are spurious creations. Do not do it. You see with limited vision. You do not know how you can actually distort the paths of others by this belief that you know what is best for yourself or others. This is true error - this is a true trap for the unknowing. Created by the ego drive.
Hundreds of thousands - probably millions - believe that because they say: 'It is so' in faith, that statement will make it so. But they have no idea of what really lies in wait for them because of the various cosmic influences which play a huge part in their daily experience. They do not know what lies in wait as a result of their thinking and behaviour in the past. You cannot create the perfect life for yourselves - until you, yourself, are absolutely perfect within your mind, heart and actions and have worked through a kind of recompense for past hurts you have inflicted. And yet millions of your financial currency are being spent on acquiring the knowledge of how to potently form such consciousness forms as will over-ride all the energy blue-prints surrounding you and make them null and void. You are all going in the wrong direction. All that you seek in harmony and health will elude you until you fully understand that EGO cannot create PERFECTION, until you wake up to the beautiful all -giving nature of Divine Consciousness which is your true Source of Being, the true Source of health, achievement, and inspiration. You are like children in a playground, playing together, making up stories of make-believe and wondering why the make-believe does not work. The children are excited and energised by the imaginative and happy stories they tell each other but when they go home, they have to face the realities of life as their parents live it.

Found here: http://www.christsway.co.za/members/eng/membership.pdf

Now that cautions one on trying to create from ego. Just what we see being done, in those two books.

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:04 am

This site, http://www.christsway.co.za makes freely avalable a number of pdfs, and the ones that I have looked at are very interesting. Its not hard to line these up with what James Padgett received, but what I like is the more "modern" spin, and I will quote here another relevant passage. (I wish however they made it easier to link and quote. There are free pdfs, but these have been created with the normal cut and paste diasbled.) I also find the choices used in publication style to be reminiscent of Dr Stone and his ugly capitals. LOL. And there is also a request that any quotes be first authorised. I have asked, but not yet received a response. I am led to believe that one cannot circumvent "fair use" quotes. It's a sort of fundamental right of research. But I would much prefer to do as asked.

From Letter 1
N.B. FOR THIS REASON - I have come expressly to explain to you - a vitally important fact of existence. Please read carefully.
It is this:
* Your personal consciousness is entirely responsible for whatever comes into your life and personal experience. It is your personal consciousness which brings you good or evil. *
* ln your sub-conscious, you bring through strongly imprinted but hidden recollections of past traumas/emotions of past life/lives which can erupt and color your present consciousness. *
* Your specific and impassioned prayer for alleviation of some kind, may be answered but it will avail you little in the long term if your mind and heart continually operate in contravention of the Universal Laws of LOVE and you live in a mindset of constant criticism. *

Universal Laws of Existence relate ONLY to 'activities of consciousness' - and are exact and undeviating - they are NOT rewards or punishment from 'God'. I repeat: are not "PUNISHMENT FROM GOD" - they relate to the 'Causative Factor of Consciousness' which attract/magnetize electrical particles that thus bond together and appear to the world as outer visible solid forms and experiences.

N.B. Sometimes, people make powerfully prayerful contact with the DIVINE REALITY behind and within all creation, It responds and Its activity is shortly revealed as necessary improvements within the
personal and national life - and people may exclaim This is a miracle!'

But - in the long term, - the state of the Personal or National consciousness will again re-assert itself in their experiences and will re-produce the same negative effects in health or affairs as they did previously.
You cannot effect permanent changes in your lives unless you change your consciousness. Therefore people must pray and strive at all times to achieve unconditional Love. For in the 20th century, human mental abilities out-stripped their spiritual development. Scientists thought they could explain away the origins of creation and ascribe them to accident. As a direct result people ditched morality and began to give way utterly to self-will.

They set in motion a new momentum of menace in the world, for they began to create a new form of 'world ego-consciousness' directly in opposition to the NATURE of the Divine -
UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. The human consciousness blocked the inflow of the Divine.

NOTE WELL: The ever-increasing lurid imaginings of a few people, which would have been contained locally, a century ago, now became a CONTAGIOUS MENTAL INFECTION glorified in literature, films, theatre
spreading world-wide, creating a global 'Human Consciousness' similar to their own, expressed as sexual excesses, violence, and perversions. This MENTAL INFECTION first manifests as egocentric modes of living and the creation of technical devices - which have created serious health disorders, climatical changes, crop failures, environment deterioration, extinction of living creatures, and wholesale slaughter of human beings.

Mental Infection manifests in the human personality as deranged and destructive behavior, drug-taking, abominable cruelty and depravity, gangster operations, and sexual excesses. Thus has a vicious circle of malignancy and perversions of thought and activities been created by entertainment and media magnates. The purpose - to capture egocentric public vested interest. Your TV and Cinema screen has become the new Bible of human behavior. Personal tragedies unknown to human kind a century ago, have become rife and people live in fear of walking the streets.

Good stuff, really good stuff that speaks directly to the "Law of Attraction". Sharp eyed readers will also notice the "past lives" comment there. Not sure where that goes, I need to read more.

love,
Geoff

William
Old Friend

Postby William » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:02 am

Really good Geoff. I did notice the past lives message and wondered what was meant.
They seem to go futher than the Padgett messages. Certainly makes you stop and think.
The task just got harder... :o

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:59 am

Hey William,

Glad you stopped by. Yeah I have been thinking about this stuff a lot.

My latest idea:

So there is a hurricane, flood, tsunami, volcanic eruption or what have you. Do you mean to tell me every single person within the ambit of that event has this as a personal LOA? No? Ok, so there is a national/regional/global LOA? Ok, that's possible. But it still means that some poor individual somewhere is really not personally responsible for what befalls them? Like that poor child in Portugal - Madelaine McCann? So, that proves my point. "Everything" that happens is not your LOA.

love,
Geoff

William
Old Friend

Postby William » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:59 pm

What about the Sins of the father. Doesn't the actions of a past generation/s pass down the conditions that affect the very young, or anyone at some point in time.

Also I read in the padgett messages that death is not necessarily a curse. The atlantis message is one from memory. Jesus said something along that line I'm sure?

If a event occures then they all move to the speres, which could be a lot better place to be?

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:07 am

Dear William,

The issue of "sins of the father" seems to be very similar to the Law of Attraction, in that the in-harmonies of the parents are reflected in their children. I am not sure about your other comment. I have no fear of death at all. My interest is in exploring how it can be that "everything" that happens to me is a result of my own consciousness. Currently I do not accept that baldly. I think there are random events - situations for example like when we see angelic intervention. A lady in the group I attend on Wednesdays tells how one day while walking in a forest reserve, she saw two angels who told her to run home without stopping. Later she saw on the news that two men who had escaped from jail were lying in wait for her, having seen her the previous two days. In my understanding what might of befallen her was not her LOA, and the angels went out of their way to see that she was unaffected.

love,
Geoff

William
Old Friend

Postby William » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:07 am

Hi again Geoff,
I guess I've always believed everything happens for a reason. Even well prior when i was in a agnostic state of mind. So the law of attraction seems to be present for me.

We really don't know and it is just something we can guess where and how it works. It is bigger than my knowledge, but we know it works when we pass, that is for sure.

Love
William

Joseph B
New Friend

Postby Joseph B » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi Geoff,

It has been a very long time since I came and posted here. I was surprised that my old login info was still intact; the proof is that I am here!

I just wanted to say that I appreciate the work that you have put in writing on the the subject of "The Law of Attraction." I hope it attracts additional readers and comments! ;)

Also, I was very surprised to see your use of quotes from the "christsway" material. I purchased the book (Christ Returns Speaks His Truth) some time ago, perhaps 18 or so months ago. Recently a friend in Florida told me about it, and her comments jarred my memory that I had purchased the book and it was somewhere on my bookshelf. I dusted it off and began to read it again. Good stuff in it for sure, but it threw me into a comparison with the Padgett messages. The question I asked was this: How do you "reconcile" it with the Jesus that transmitted through Padgett? For example, in "christsway" Jesus makes a very big deal of his experience of 40 days in the desert following his baptism by John; yet Padgett's Jesus doesn't mention the desert at all. By the way, when I picked up reading again "Christ Returns Speaks His Truth" I was struck with similarities to the 2 books of Murdo MacDonald Bayne (Beyond the Himalayas and The Yoga of Christ).

Thanks for your postings, Geoff.

Joseph

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Dear Joseph,

Good to see you here again. I hope you are well?

I have only read one of the letters, and yes there is a big mention of the desert experience. Funny enough, I can buy that. What I have not accepted, is the statement that Jesus was a waster, scoundrel, drunkard and user of prostitutes. That really upset me. And yes, once again we find a source, that has some very good stuff in in, indeed even stuff about Divine Love, yet that's what we find there. I have similar issues with the Urantia Book, but I confess, not such that it upset me like the notion Jesus was a rogue for 30 years.

love,
Geoff

Return to “General Discussion of the Padgett Messages”