Sermons on the Old testament

A forum for general discussion of all things relating to the messages received by James Padgett and subsequent mediums, and which are hosted on this site.
Kris
Old Friend

Sermons on the Old testament

Postby Kris » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi All;

Since a while, I have been starting to read and translate "Sermons on the Old testament" revealed by Jesus to Dr Samuel. I always like to have a kind og guide line to read All Testament. In his various sermons, Jesus
continue to show you how the Old Testament of the Hebrews developed stories in which some of the characters act towards their fellowmen in a spirit of love attesting to that human love which was implanted in mankind by God and was the forerunner of that sublime love which the Father has available for whosoever of His children seek it in earnest prayer, so that, abiding in their souls, it will provide the salvation which - as the Messiah of God - Jesus brought with him when on earth.

In others words Jesus is explaining how human love was a prerequesite for Divine Love.

Reading Ruth’s trust in the Father’s Love, I came accross this sentence I have difficulty to understand :

For the goodness of Naomi, of Ruth and of Boaz, working together in harmony and human love, was able to surmount the vicissitudes suffered by the two women as a result of the hard times, in famine and pestilence, which then prevailed in those days of the Judges.

Who " was able to surmount the vicissitudes" ? The goodness of Naomi ? Ruth and of Boaz, working together in harmony and human love ?

Is it just a misunderstanding of Dr Samuel who didn't received well this sentence or is it me who don't understand EnglisH ,

All the best.

Kris

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Sermons on the Old testament

Postby Geoff » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Kris wrote:Who " was able to surmount the vicissitudes" ?

Naomi, Ruth and Boaz,

Kris wrote:Is it just a misunderstanding of Dr Samuel who didn't received well this sentence or is it me who don't understand EnglisH ,

Its a tough sentence.

I might write it as follows:

Because of the goodness and harmony between Naomi, Ruth and Boaz, when things were very tough in their lives, they were able to handle this easily.

I had to research it a bit and then its clear Boaz is a man. I am not a fan of the Old Testament, and the ONLY topics I ever enjoyed were Dr. Samuel's, as they seem to have a higher quality to them.

hugs
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Kris wrote:In others words Jesus is explaining how human love was a prerequesite for Divine Love.

You know at first I thought, no thats wrong, but I don't think it is. We only receive Divine Love by extending OUR Natural Love to Father first. If we can't, we don't get a Divine Love response. So yes, its true.

hugs
Geoff

Kris
Old Friend

Postby Kris » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:51 pm

What I like in Jesus' sermons to Dr Samuel is that it gives a kind of guide line to understand Old Testament.

It is quite extraordinary to see how God has been working in the past ages to prepare the time when the Messiah would come. It was so important for him to have one nation who could unite around Him.We know it was quite difficult to achieve this and the Hebrew nation could not understand and unite with Jesus.

Even to day Christian believers have quite some difficulty to undesrtand what is really the purpose of their religion. Most of themare quite satisfied with going to church every sunday. It is very strange that Christian put Sacraments annd not God's Love (if not Divine Love) in the first place.

It will probabbly take some time still before peoples open their mind.

If we would not have those semons from Dr Samuel and those messages from Judas, it would have been more difficult to get a clear understanding of Jesus teachings because they are so scattered through many messages.

All the best.

Kris

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:19 am

Kris wrote:It is quite extraordinary to see how God has been working in the past ages to prepare the time when the Messiah would come. It was so important for him to have one nation who could unite around Him.We know it was quite difficult to achieve this and the Hebrew nation could not understand and unite with Jesus.

While I cant show you anything from our sources, I am aware of other generally reliable sources, and messages though reliable mediums that I know personally. But it is my very firm belief that the Melkizadek of the Old Testament who taught Abraham, was in fact an "avatar" - an angel who became man. Not born of woman, materialised as a man, over 2000 years before Jesus. THAT was the extent of their planning. His purpose was to teach of "The One God". And out of his teaching we got Judaism, Islam and Christianity.

hugs
Geoff

Kris
Old Friend

Postby Kris » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:46 am

Hi Geoff;

You wrote :

But it is my very firm belief that the Melkizadek of the Old Testament who taught Abraham, was in fact an "avatar" - an angel who became man.

Of course, I never heard such a thing. Anyway I don't very much about Melchizedek and his purpose. You mean he was send by God to teach Abraham and however he was an angel he took the apparence of a man in order to be able to teach Abraham ? If so, it is quite revolutionary !!! But through this we could bettter understand Abraham's faith. Do we have some others Avatar in the old testament ?

All the best.

Kris

Arie
New Friend

Postby Arie » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:12 pm

Geoff wrote:But it is my very firm belief that the Melkizadek of the Old Testament who taught Abraham, was in fact an "avatar" - an angel who became man. Not born of woman, materialised as a man, over 2000 years before Jesus. THAT was the extent of their planning. His purpose was to teach of "The One God". And out of his teaching we got Judaism, Islam and Christianity.

After I read this it occurred to me that 2000 years before Jesus there was already "a lot going on" in India and speaking of avatars.. Anyway, I found this: http://www.worldofsai.org/html/krishna_melchizedek.html. The article suggests that maybe Melchizedek and Lord Krishna are one and the same. Interesting, at least!

I don't mean to cause a lot of confusion here, but these questions seem to become more and more actual: for instance links being made from Hinduism (also embracing the principle of The One God!) towards Christianity (well, not exactly new after Yogananda in the early 20th century). Traditions seem to be approaching each other and that surely is meant to be and also orchestrated by the Divine. I find that all extremely exciting and inspiring.

Love
Arie

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:31 pm

Dear Arie,

No that would not be the case. But I cant say if Krishna was a real "avatar" but many/most of these claimed to be avatars were not. But Melkizadek is the same Machieventa that George channels. Yu can also find claims that Jesus was in India and there are some Indians very sure it was the case, but it was not, as we know.

hugs
Geoff

Arie
New Friend

Postby Arie » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:03 am

Yes, I know that and I have actually never believed that to be true. But I do think that there are parallel developments in a way, in those times as well as in ours and I just find this ancient and deep spirituality of India very fascinating. It does have a couple of advantages over our Abrahamic religions to my perception..

Modern Hinduism is pretty clear about Krishna being an avatar, they also think Jesus was (Urantia too, don't they?). In any case we know that Jesus was normally conceived and born from a woman.

Yes, that Melchizedek and Machieventa are one and the same is clear to me.

I've just ordered Yogananda's books about Jesus: The Second Coming of Christ and The Resurrection of Christ within You. I'm really looking forward to reading them. Like you wrote yourself on various places Yogananda clearly seems to have known and understood Divine Love then already and certainly does now.

Hugs
Arie

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:25 pm

Arie wrote:Modern Hinduism is pretty clear about Krishna being an avatar, they also think Jesus was (Urantia too, don't they?). In any case we know that Jesus was normally conceived and born from a woman.

Dear Arie,

I am 100% ok with calling Jesus an avatar. He existed consciously billions of years before he got here. Yes he was born of woman, which is very rare for an avatar I believe (but what do we know?) but still he had a 100% human experience, as JP tells us.

hugs
Geoff

Return to “General Discussion of the Padgett Messages”