The Oneness Trap

A forum for general discussion of all things relating to the messages received by James Padgett and subsequent mediums, and which are hosted on this site.
Geoff
Site Admin

The Oneness Trap

Postby Geoff » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:03 pm

As a result of our exposures in England and Germany, I came to realise that perhaps the biggest threat to spiritual growth of mortals today is the invidious spread of the concept of "Oneness".

This doctrine is derived somewhat like this:

1. God is Divine.

2. God is everywhere.

3. God is in everything.

4. Hence God is in us.

5. It follows we are Divine.

6. From that it follows there is nothing we need to do, excepting becoming aware of our Divinity. The moment that you become so aware, you will be a "christ mind".

I have found this doctrine many places. It seems that every Yoga teacher teaches something like this when they talk about going within, and how it is all within. We even found a disciple of a Hindu guru teaching this, while at the same time being aware of the existence of Divine Love. In his case the subject was not debated, but certainly seemed to not have been clearly thought out. I even find those who follow "The Course in Miracles" and also "the Urantia Book" can be in this camp. Curiously although this latter book does have some excellent accurate material, it also does not have any material on what Jesus meant by being born again. Even as it claims to have recorded every day of his life. Little wonder they don't pick up on this.

So where is the flaw and why am I bothered by this? Well I am bothered because as soon as a human decides he or she has nothing to do to reach at-onement, then that individual has chosen the path to the sixth sphere, and risks being left there as and when the Divine Love is removed. And there is the separate issue that one can "wake up" to oneness with the creation. Which has nothing to do with being at-one with the CREATOR. And far more people have achieved "oneness" with the universe (creation) than with the Creator. Small wonder some advanced teachers think that the Creator and the Universe are really the same thing.

Where is the flaw in the logic? Well firstly God actually is not present everywhere. He has His Place, and it is in the very centre of our universes. Yes he sustains everything, but the idea that He can travel around without literally blowing everything up is ludicrous. Imagine for a minute if Father was like a sun, but a billion times bigger than our sun, and He started to go and visit places. Yeah. Of course that is a physical example, but you can be sure the same holds good for spiritual emanations. We may eventually find ourselves in His very presence, but we can't do that without an awful lot of preparation. We don't even know how much spiritual growth is needed to achieve that. But only Celestials have that opportunity in any event. Celestials as we all know have become Divine using the only means He provided.

Now while God has His Habitation, He of course does know what is going on. But that is not the same as saying He is everywhere, and in everything. For one thing we do know that God is pure soul, and our world is a material world, a very different sort of thing. Everything that is material responds to love. That is how Father created it. So He or we can manipulate creation. But that does not mean God is in everything.

Next we do know from both the Bible and our messages that we are not Divine, we are merely images of the divine. And this is talking about our souls which as we know are not material. And as Jesus said: "No river can rise higher than its source" so we cannot of our own efforts become Divine. No, that is why Father provided the Divine Love, and requires that we make a deliberate effort to change ourselves into a divine being. Its not automatic. Although you can go some part of the way almost unconsciously.

But this Oneness thing seems everywhere and everyone likes it because it means you have nothing to do. Just wake up. LOL.
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: The Oneness Trap

Postby Geoff » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:07 am

I had forgotten that this is actually the essence of "New Thought" and was well handled in our messages as follows:

Luke on New Thought

Jesus on New Thought

Helen on New Thought
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Return to “General Discussion of the Padgett Messages”