New Web site

A forum for general discussion of all things relating to the messages received by James Padgett and subsequent mediums, and which are hosted on this site.
Geoff
Site Admin

Re: New Web site

Postby Geoff » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:56 am

I have finally achieved my first key word ranking on the first page of Google for the words "Judas of Kerioth"

I have been using an SEO company, which helped somewhat, but they did not understand my site, and did not understand the topics, and most of all did not get that I don't really know what key words to optimise. And because far too many words you might think of have simply too much competition. Even Judas Iscariot has too much competition. But trying to sell more Judas books was an obvious one.

But I am a fast learner, and am now able to do what they were trying to do, using the right pages to achieve a result. I have just set up redirections for all the 404's that have resulted from links to the previous site, as reported on google analytics, because all the pages are different. I will continue to monitor this, so I don't lose an incoming link because its pointed to the old site structure. I have also been analysing my external links for the same issues, as people just delete links that go bad.

hugs
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Sandy
New Friend

Postby Sandy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:33 am

Congratulations Geoff! Well done!
love,
Sandy

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:58 am

Geez every day I learn heaps more about Google and how it indexes. Last week I stumbled on the data Google keeps regarding my site, and it had registered 600 404 (bad links) These were not the same as Google Analytics reported, but the Google Index Status Report.

As a result it has not indexed the last 1000 of my 2800 web pages. So I started the tedious task of creating re-directions for these. The vast majority were all to do with my old site. I don't truly know if all of these were found by Google on other people's web sites, linking to my site. I don't think that was the case. I think a very large number were simply the links that used to exist when Google spidered my previous site layout, and four months later it was still reporting these as 404. Anyway, all have been cleared. I now expect that google will wake up again, and carry on reporting those links it finds, maybe at a rate of 15 a day, which I can manage. When I add this 600 to those I found by other means, I have 812 redirections.

I am also surprised at the number of key word chains that result in a first page hit on Google. So something is working. Google tells you that too. Finally my traffic is trending up. Nearly back to last year.

Kris
Old Friend

Postby Kris » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:48 am

Hi Geoff;

If you remember, on the begining of this year, it was on January 23th, I have been asking the following question :

"Over a little bit one year I red a "unsual" message. If I remeber well it came from someone who had never been living on earth but on some other planet. Since then, I have never been able to find again this message. As far as I rememeber it was listed in the category 'Ancient spirits". Many times I went all over again the list of all messages in this category without being able to find it again. Both my wife and I have red this message. We didn't dream !!!"

To day, accidently, I found it again. It was delivered on January 17th 2008 by a spirit called Tistiana. I had been over the list of messages several times but I could not find it. It's often like this in searching for something with preconceived ideas !!!

Thanks again for your web site. You really made an extraordinary job. It's fabulous to learn about James Padgget's messages on this way. I try to mention them around me whenever I can however it is not so easy to get peoples have a look at it. But I am progressing.

Have a good day.

Kris

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:04 am

Hi Kris,

Yes I recall it too. Pity you did not ask me because I could have found it for you.

hugs
Geoff

Return to “General Discussion of the Padgett Messages”