New Web site

A forum for general discussion of all things relating to the messages received by James Padgett and subsequent mediums, and which are hosted on this site.
Geoff
Site Admin

Re: New Web site

Postby Geoff » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:35 am

Aah well back to just a few bad links, and maybe today all will be good again.

hugs
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Kris
Old Friend

Postby Kris » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:01 pm

Hello Geoff;

I had just have been reading Web sites and spreading the Good News. I really appreciated those words from Juda :

Actually, if there were not three or five or ten web sites on Divine Love, but a hundred or a thousand, it would be even better. It would increase the probability that many people who surf the Internet would find this information, and the volume and pressure of so many sites on this topic would perhaps encourage them to really read what is presented there. Many people are greatly influenced by the opinion of others, and when seeing that there are so many people who put forth the main idea in the most diverse of ways, they will think that there is “really something” in all that, because otherwise the idea would not find so much echo amongst others.

Effectively, in making research about "Divine Love" I encounter a few other web site publishing Padgett Messages. I didn't make extensive research. It looks like however that those sites are still very few and I can just express my deepest thanks to all of them. I can imagine it represents a tremendous work to create and maintain such a web site. This is why we don't find so many web sites publishing James Padgett messages.

So, once more, I can just say a very big thank you Geoff for all your valuable efforts. I am sure you will receive your awards in your future life. James Padgett, Dr Samuel, Judas' Medium have done a tremndous job in receiving those messages. However without the effort of Dr Stone, Rev John Paul Gibson and all the various web site editors of James Padgett messages, those beautiful messages would be unknown.

Anyway, beyound James Padgett messages, I am always impressed by the numerous ways God is using to reach human's heart.

All the best.

Kris

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:43 pm

Dera Kris,

There are very few sites that have most or all of the Padgett Messages. Doug Oreck still has his original site, the FCNB recently added all the messages to their newer site, and there is mine. Zara has a site based on the pages I used to have in my old site. I actually have two complete sites of messages, one is designed to page through them in date order: http://www.padgettmessages.net

But there are a great many sites that cover in one way or another the essence of the P Messages. Probably over 20 maybe even 30.

hugs
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:15 am

A number of bugs were fixed today, so the menus should now settle down instead of being random, and if you link from Face Book, a decent site image is now used. As also, the issue of the 2016 and 2015 messages not being available has been fixed.

hugs
Geoff

Stu
New Friend

Postby Stu » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi Geoff!

As usual I'm late to the party--I just had the "urge" to check in and encountered the new site for the first time. WOW! You have been busy! It's FANTASTIC! Having struggled with creating a few websites myself I can understand to some degree the challenges you've faced and overcome. I'm pretty sure migrating a website was intended as one of the original 12 labors of Hercules but was later cut from the list because the ancient Greeks lacked reliable high speed Internet! :lol:

Love to All!
Stu

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:29 pm

Hi Stu,

Yeah you are right, this is an unbelievable amount of work, and would be greatly helped if the software was robust and without bugs. Right now I have broken links that don't show up in a link checker, so i cant find them, and if you click on them they go no where and don't show a 404. Sigh.

hugs
Geoff

Stu
New Friend

Postby Stu » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:17 am

Geoff,

Are you interested in having us relay any quirks or issues we encounter or would you prefer to debug the site in a more orderly process? I actually haven't encountered any dead links yet, but I did find some pages where apostrophes migrated as this character: Â. The links on them still work, though.

Stu

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:56 am

Stu wrote:but I did find some pages where apostrophes migrated as this character: Â. The links on them still work, though.

Stu

Dear Stu,

That is precisely why I am going through every page. The code I used on the old site, did not "translate". In general these should only be on the contemporary messages including and post 2009. Because I have not got there yet. The dead links sadly could be anywhere. However link text themselves do not like apostrophes, and I have given up re-doing them, at this time.

hugs
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun May 01, 2016 8:46 am

Hoo boy, this database site is a worry. I finally connected my M/S computer to the web, (I don't update it, don't have any virus program on it, and don't connect it to the web - normally) and ran a link checker that is the bee's knees - Xenu, and it did find "blank URLS" which are the result of the database failing to come up with a link because the database is stuffed in that respect. So I fixed them all. Then even Xenu gives me a clean bill of health. Later I am following my nose, looking for the Prayer for Divine Love, and i get a 500 server error. Not a 404, no a far more serious error. Whats up? It made no sense, and after unpublishing ONE page, and re-publishing it, all is good. Why? No idea. Not a happy camper.

How can I actually know all my links work? I cant.

I am now up to 2012, so not far to the mirage called "end".

Stu wrote:Geoff,

Are you interested in having us relay any quirks or issues we encounter or would you prefer to debug the site in a more orderly process? I actually haven't encountered any dead links yet, but I did find some pages where apostrophes migrated as this character: Â. The links on them still work, though.

Stu

Hi Stu, if you can hold off till I think I am finished, that would be good. But I have lowered my standards in respect of links and their idiosyncrasies. It takes about 3 minutes to re-do EACH link. I have to navigate all the files to find the page. That's 3200 items.

G

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu May 05, 2016 6:41 am

Ok, I have finished my first pass, so I am now open to suggestions of things to fix. Geez it has been a marathon. Not even sure how many months, maybe 7? And thats often more than 8 hours a day.

hugs
Geoff

Return to “General Discussion of the Padgett Messages”