Genuine questions about reincarnation

A forum for general discussion of all things relating to the messages received by James Padgett and subsequent mediums, and which are hosted on this site.
Zara Borthwick
Family

Genuine questions about reincarnation

Postby Zara Borthwick » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Hi all,

I thought that this thread may provide a place where any genuine questions about reincarnation and why it does not exist in soul progression may be asked and answered.

With love,
Zara

James B
Old Friend

Re: Genuine questions about reincarnation

Postby James B » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:47 am

The messages seem to state pretty bluntly that reincarnation does not happen, at least not in the literal sense. Still, if you type "real reincarnation stories" into Google, you get quite a bit back. My big question is this: Assuming that even a fraction of reincarnation stories have merit, then we're most likely dealing with some form of intimate spirit communication. If so, who's communicating? Is it a guide using the mortal's belief in reincarnation as a convenient method to help them along? Is it an intellectual spirit with a mind to pass on certain knowledge it thinks is important? Is it a selfish spirit that just wants attention or an outlet?

And of course, is it a spirit at all, or is it something else entirely - some astral construct perhaps? There has to be a reason that the concept of reincarnation not only exists, but is as big an idea as it is.

-James

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:14 pm

Dear James,

This is a big issue to answer. Hence I wrote a 190 page book, which is still in draft form: Is Reincarnation an Illusion?

I have the following premises:

All past events are stored, in a multi-dimensional form. (This is called the Akashic Record) They can be accessed, and searched, in an unlimited number of ways. Search for moles on the left cheek with two hairs, and I am 100% sure you will find all the folks who ever lived who had a mole on the left cheek with two hairs on it. Now this database is used for reversion by spirits (fun) and if you hypnotise someone, they will become mediumistic, and capable of sending their mind anywhere. So, when a healing regression is done, and the person has issues in their life, low and behold they will come up with one or more past lives that exactly match. And if your mother-in-law is a key person in your drama here, you will find a character that exactly matches her. But what do people conclude? That THEY lived that life, when in fact it was someone else, and rather than that life causing the issues in your life, it is simply a wonderful teaching tool that shows you in black and white what your current life is all about.

But, you can also get memories from attachments, from adjacent spirits and from your Indwelling Spirit.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Zara Borthwick
Family

Postby Zara Borthwick » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Firstly, congratulations on publishing your book Geoff! It looks great and I am sure will be useful on the subject of reincarnation. Reincarnation immediately infers the past and the example Geoff you have conveyed here, as far as I understand what you have written, is a multi-dimensional experience of time relating to a relative moment in the present. I have had a good look at Lulu and your storefront, and the listing on New-Birth - it is really wonderful to have the book up and available. Well done!

James, the question, 'does reincarnation exist or not'? brings to light the resource to discern ones' beliefs. The process of asking such questions can lead the individual to a place where contrasting beliefs change. In your questions, you need to include the question about function of the Divine Love and in part, what it provides the individual with.

This places your other questions into a context so that reincarnation is not solely a belief imparted by 'supposed spirits' but rather constructs of belief created in the human mind for the use of the human mind and ego. This might be to overcome an issue that is too difficult to bear in ones' own life alone without a great and fantastic assistance of success once lived, heroism or deflection away from the real issues...or to become someone worthy of being interesting...at least to be seen in that way by others..

If you stand in your own life and see your self in all the stages you have lived and the ages that you lived them, you can see many parts of your past in your memory all living at the same time in the present which leads us back to Geoff's comments in his premise and new book.

I would like to ask you a question if I may. If you have received the Divine Love into your soul and you know this to be true, and you also know that this Love confirms that you have a soul and now immortality to it, understanding that the Divine Love will remain present for you to receive as a person or when as a spirit, will you reincarnate and for what purpose?

Really nice to see you writing again, and hope all is well with you.

With love,
Zara

James B
Old Friend

Postby James B » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Hmm...

Well, I can understand reincarnation as a tool of learning. If anything, these messages stress that when it comes to spiritual maturity, authenticity is far more important than fact.

To answer your question, Zara: No, I would not reincarnate. I would never voluntarily choose to revisit past events, be they mine or others'. The Divine Love was, to me, a gigantic "forward" sign - a certainty that not only was I loved, but also a straightening of my life's path, so to speak. Reincarnation, to me, implies unecessary loops in what would otherwise be a straight road.

Now, everything from here on is my opinions before I encountered and recieved the Divine Love, to the best of my abilities to recount:

I have to say that I was well-open to the idea of looping back to learn/perfect/etc. It didn't completely make sense, even then - time is, was, and always will be an illusion created by human minds to help compare, measure and predict the linear progression of events that make up our world and universe. Time is useful, to be sure, but time travel never made sense because there was no such thing as time. In the same vein, reincarnation never made sense because life's fundamental lessons never changed, regardless of era. Reincarnation always seemed a romantic notion, or a justification of expectations. But I was willing to be wrong, largely because people fit into very predictable, repetitive patterns, and if you squint hard enough, that seems a little like souls living life over again. Squinting that hard hurt my eyes a bit, though. ;)

My past living at the same time as the present is actually something like how I think a spirit mind would work - a non-linear, multi-threaded processor if you will, capable of calling up, running, and parsing together a large number of (or perhaps all) memories from vastly different times in one's life, all of which cross-reference and loop back on each other, and therefore continually reinforce one's personality. It's kind of like grabbing one of those old Slinky springs, joining the ends together to make a toroid, and then scrunching it until the "doughnut hole" closes, and all the center edges touch. I think that's about as close a physical example as I can get.

In any case, that's kind of what my core issue with reincarnation always was: My memories reinforce my personality, and thus anyone's memories reinforce that person's personality. That means that being in possession of someone else's memories would reinforce their personality over mine, which would be degenerative to the growth of my personality. Experiencing someone else's experiences (by reading, re-enacting, watching, listening, etc) is still my own personal experience, and so is still my own (3rd party) memory. But reincarnation, to me, would imply the outright possession of at least some *1st party* memories that living experience did not create, and so there would be no personality imprint except the originator's own, which would run counter to mine to whatever degree. That worked perfectly for reincarnation, since you actually *were* the other personality, so its assertion over yours is absolutely natural. But I felt that notion very distasteful, as it brought into question the point of a newly-formed personality if it was destined to be overwritten or absorbed by some older one.

If that wasn't the case, and reincarnation amounted to nothing more than a few hazy memories and some gut instincts, then reincarnation itself was pointless, as it would never be a useful supplement to the skills and knowledge learned in the current life. Also, reincarnation brought into question the idea of ancestor-like beings, be they human or spirit, that were obviously older and wiser, and therefore should be making their opinions known. Just as parents and grandparents never relinquish their right to speak their mind to their children, regardless of whether or not the children listen, those with ancient knowledge and wisdom available to them should likewise never be silent, and nag loud enough to be heard, even if their descendents don't listen.

Now, with the Divine Love, I have a firm-enough grasp of the concept of free will and the complexities of communication to let that last bit slide. If we could all depend on age-old spirits for the answers to everything, life would either be much less meaningful or much, much worse than it is now, depending on which spirits we listened to.

Anyways, that's about all I can think of. I'm sure my Wall of Text is large enough, anyways. :D

-James

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:43 pm

James B wrote:In any case, that's kind of what my core issue with reincarnation always was: My memories reinforce my personality, and thus anyone's memories reinforce that person's personality. That means that being in possession of someone else's memories would reinforce their personality over mine, which would be degenerative to the growth of my personality. Experiencing someone else's experiences (by reading, re-enacting, watching, listening, etc) is still my own personal experience, and so is still my own (3rd party) memory. But reincarnation, to me, would imply the outright possession of at least some *1st party* memories that living experience did not create, and so there would be no personality imprint except the originator's own, which would run counter to mine to whatever degree. That worked perfectly for reincarnation, since you actually *were* the other personality, so its assertion over yours is absolutely natural. But I felt that notion very distasteful, as it brought into question the point of a newly-formed personality if it was destined to be overwritten or absorbed by some older one.

Dear James,

that is an interesting point, but of course most supporters of reincarnation do accept we are not supposed to remember. Which makes it curious why now they have found that hypnosis will deliver memories, they are so keen to go down that route. But it seems the Law of Attraction is ahead of them, fortunately, and the memories they find, actually help.

But there are of course plenty of spontaneously recalled memories that do not explain the current life, and why should they?

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:45 pm

Zara Borthwick wrote:Firstly, congratulations on publishing your book Geoff! It looks great and I am sure will be useful on the subject of reincarnation.

Thanks Zara,

Its really still in draft form, because I have not looked at a printed copy, but I see one copy is already sold, so lets hope I did a "fair" job.

love,
Geoff

James B
Old Friend

Postby James B » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:12 pm

You know, Geoff, I think one of the biggest reasons that spiritual life starts out in the material is to shield us from the nearly infinite "information network" that spirits seem privy to. Without a few years/decades to solidify personality, the spirit world sounds entirely too overwhelming. I'm sure that there'd be help available, but it seems like a childhood spent as a spirit would actually be harder than a childhood spent as a human (extremely adverse conditions excepted, of course).

-James

Zara Borthwick
Family

Postby Zara Borthwick » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:07 am

Hi James and Geoff,
Yes I would have to agree with your point as highlighted by Geoff:
James B wrote:
In any case, that's kind of what my core issue with reincarnation always was: My memories reinforce my personality, and thus anyone's memories reinforce that person's personality. That means that being in possession of someone else's memories would reinforce their personality over mine, which would be degenerative to the growth of my personality. Experiencing someone else's experiences (by reading, re-enacting, watching, listening, etc) is still my own personal experience, and so is still my own (3rd party) memory. But reincarnation, to me, would imply the outright possession of at least some *1st party* memories that living experience did not create, and so there would be no personality imprint except the originator's own, which would run counter to mine to whatever degree. That worked perfectly for reincarnation, since you actually *were* the other personality, so its assertion over yours is absolutely natural. But I felt that notion very distasteful, as it brought into question the point of a newly-formed personality if it was destined to be overwritten or absorbed by some older one.

... and the dichotomy of memories and personality, well whose and where and what is the point when *theirs or mine* becomes the real and valid one...

It is refreshing to read your thoughts and to see the process that you have shared in coming to your conclusions and to know that the Divine Love and receiving this Love has straightened your path! I know and echo the important sentiment of acknowledging being Love by God as a recognition of existing and being important and mattering. This is one of those moments in a life, that is recorded and celebrated I do believe, and might even be seen as some great soul-awakening. Sadly there are not so many who celebrate or speak of this even though they may know about the Divine Love ... and even try to blend or sustain mortal stuff in the face of that mattering in the long term. So, I say well done James for what that is worth!

Looking at early transcripts or suggestions of theories of reincarnation and Eastern cultures, Buddha and others strove to perfect and embrace all that had been learnt in the generations who lived prior to their lives. Perhaps like an accounting and reckoning, the lessons learnt integrated into living now. I do not believe that many of the early teachers were aware of their soul or the spirit body or that there existed God and God's Divine Love that was outside and separate to themselves in every aspect. Their theory and process grew followings and this in turn gave to followers encouragement and validation but nevertheless it remained some theory and process that was born of man and not of God, much like religions and spiritualities in other corners of the word.

Perhaps, this explains why with the Divine Love, the experience is defined as *the living truths*.

With love,
Zara

Return to “General Discussion of the Padgett Messages”