How can I talk to my heavenly father?

A forum for general discussion of all things relating to the messages received by James Padgett and subsequent mediums, and which are hosted on this site.
Doles
Old Friend

Re: How can I talk to my heavenly father?

Postby Doles » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:14 pm

"....I don't understand how God can call me perfect...."
I don't think I have much to contribute to this conversation, nor do I know if I'll make any sense but let me say this: I've lived the last 11-15 years in almost complete isolation due to some situations that have happened in my life. I remember reading something probably three to four months ago where it was said that "nothing happens by accident" or something to that effect. I was so struck. But then I laughed and asked out loud if what happened to me was part of some plan or something. I'm still not sure. I don't know where my life is going. What I do know is that I'm still fighting the hardships. Perhaps your situation is worse than mine. We'll only know at the end. But I would caution you that whatever you're going through there's someone out there probably going through worse. I always keep that in mind. If it is true indeed we came here to learn, what's the point of not finishing the fight? How do you know we're not so fortunate to have learned of these things? I'm only saying if one believes these messages to have some truths to them. I don't know what to tell you...I just wanted to add something. Perhaps I've made things worse. I only meant to be of encouragement. I hope you keep the fight, dear fellow traveler! Please keep fighting as much as you're able to. I'll pray for you to find comfort. I do pray and hope you make it and hopefully we'll reminisce on the other side with much joy!
Doles
Blessings To All!

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:35 pm

happycheeks wrote:I'm just in a mood swing. I have some moods that can last for two days or more. I don't understand how God can call me perfect. I hurt people and people on this earth try to destroy each other. I'll try to pray to God tonight. I dislike the idea that people think we are just human and we came here by chance. I'm sure there's more to that. He probably said you are perfect to you since you are more worthy.

Dear Happycheeks,

Father sees you as as perfect, because He created you that way. Any errors that might now be evident, He did not create. Remember He sees the soul, not the body. The body is of evolutionary animal nature, and certainly can have imperfections. Not the soul, as created. Nor as it will be in eternity.

Now if life has thrown difficulties up, and the result is your soul is no longer as perfect as it once was, all this can be corrected, and will be corrected, and Father is not worried. But He is overjoyed when you start to ask these sort of questions, and start to seek His help. These difficulties and errors are what TEACH us.

If I or anyone else is "ahead" of you, its by a minuscule amount compared with the journey to eternity. Maybe I have ten minutes head start, because I got a better functioning body? Please do not consider that your soul is other than capable of perfection. If life has scarred you, take stock, don't beat yourself up, and LOOK FORWARD. The only value in looking back is to learn something that helps with the journey AHEAD.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:38 pm

Doles wrote:But I would caution you that whatever you're going through there's someone out there probably going through worse. I always keep that in mind. If it is true indeed we came here to learn, what's the point of not finishing the fight?!

Yeah, sadly thats always the case.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

happycheeks
New Friend

Postby happycheeks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:30 am

Doles wrote:"....I don't understand how God can call me perfect...."
I don't think I have much to contribute to this conversation, nor do I know if I'll make any sense but let me say this: I've lived the last 11-15 years in almost complete isolation due to some situations that have happened in my life. I remember reading something probably three to four months ago where it was said that "nothing happens by accident" or something to that effect. I was so struck. But then I laughed and asked out loud if what happened to me was part of some plan or something. I'm still not sure. I don't know where my life is going. What I do know is that I'm still fighting the hardships. Perhaps your situation is worse than mine. We'll only know at the end. But I would caution you that whatever you're going through there's someone out there probably going through worse. I always keep that in mind. If it is true indeed we came here to learn, what's the point of not finishing the fight? How do you know we're not so fortunate to have learned of these things? I'm only saying if one believes these messages to have some truths to them. I don't know what to tell you...I just wanted to add something. Perhaps I've made things worse. I only meant to be of encouragement. I hope you keep the fight, dear fellow traveler! Please keep fighting as much as you're able to. I'll pray for you to find comfort. I do pray and hope you make it and hopefully we'll reminisce on the other side with much joy!

You haven't made things worse, at least you didn't call me an idiot like some people do. Your advice is useful. But today, I'm a lot better. I will try to be successful with life with God's help.

happycheeks
New Friend

Postby happycheeks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:44 am

Geoff wrote:
happycheeks wrote:I'm just in a mood swing. I have some moods that can last for two days or more. I don't understand how God can call me perfect. I hurt people and people on this earth try to destroy each other. I'll try to pray to God tonight. I dislike the idea that people think we are just human and we came here by chance. I'm sure there's more to that. He probably said you are perfect to you since you are more worthy.

Dear Happycheeks,

Father sees you as as perfect, because He created you that way. Any errors that might now be evident, He did not create. Remember He sees the soul, not the body. The body is of evolutionary animal nature, and certainly can have imperfections. Not the soul, as created. Nor as it will be in eternity.

Now if life has thrown difficulties up, and the result is your soul is no longer as perfect as it once was, all this can be corrected, and will be corrected, and Father is not worried. But He is overjoyed when you start to ask these sort of questions, and start to seek His help. These difficulties and errors are what TEACH us.

If I or anyone else is "ahead" of you, its by a minuscule amount compared with the journey to eternity. Maybe I have ten minutes head start, because I got a better functioning body? Please do not consider that your soul is other than capable of perfection. If life has scarred you, take stock, don't beat yourself up, and LOOK FORWARD. The only value in looking back is to learn something that helps with the journey AHEAD.

love,
Geoff

Thanks for your advice. I won't beat myself too much and I'll ask God for forgiveness. I wonder what I'll be doing for eternity. It's mind boggling to me. I do forgive myself over the things I've done too.

Doles
Old Friend

Postby Doles » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:29 pm

happycheeks wrote,
"You haven't made things worse, at least you didn't call me an idiot like some people do..." Well....ha, I think if we look deeper we might find the ones too quick to call names are usually the ones to fit the profiles, but that's for another day. I find your questioning quite interesting, to say the least. I would even venture to say there sounds like there's much thinking behind the questions. But, I'm going on a limb here. Regardless, I don't believe you would find reasonable people resort to name calling when facing philosophical questions about this tapestry of life we'd been given the privilege to be made part of. My previous point was simply to encourage you...although less eloquently than Geoff did...to keep up even in the face of all the confusion and pain. Especially if you believe in an afterlife or that there's something more than meets the eye, that that should give you much more reason to see these experiences through. In my humble opinion you've done good by coming/going to places like this one to seek communion among other/fellow seekers. I think I read in Robert Lees' second book where Aphraar implores us to go through any hardships we might be facing (if we're able) because the end not only justifies the means but goes beyond our expectations. He mentioned this right after he met his mother that he'd been longing for all his life. It was also in addition to the welcoming celebration he was given. I don't say go out and look for trouble. But if you're faced with things that simply seem beyond your control even after doing the best you can...it might just be that there's more than what you know and/or remember. Please know this is someone looking for the best of words to help soothe another's sometimes harsh moments.
Doles
Blessings To All!

Return to “General Discussion of the Padgett Messages”