Why should I believe these messages

A forum for general discussion of all things relating to the messages received by James Padgett and subsequent mediums, and which are hosted on this site.
staffordM
New Friend

Re: Why should I believe these messages

Postby staffordM » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Hello Everyone,

I really appreciated all of the replys i got they were extremely helpful.I,m also checking out other sites but this is the first one i have ever joined with the view to engage in some sort of debate regarding biblical thruths.Can i get someone, input on this quote from the bible.

.Leviticus 19:31
'Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.' (NIV)

.Leviticus 20:27
"Men and women among you who act as mediums or psychics must be put to death by stoning. They are guilty of a capital offense." (NLT)

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:16 am

Hi Stafford,

I have answered that extensively here: http://new-birth.net/faq.htm There are three answers given there, including one from spirit. So don't just stop with the first question and answer on that page.

I am always amused when folks quote Leviticus. I always ask if they have read Leviticus and if in all honesty they could, with a clear conscience follow the advice found there? Because of course not only can you not do that, but you would find yourself in jail in any civilized country in the world. So, if Leviticus is so far out of touch that it cannot in all honesty be considered the word of God, why do they persist in taking the bits they find acceptable, and conveniently forgetting the rest?

And I would also reply with:

Why does the NEW TESTAMENT have a RECIPE for how to contact spirit? See:

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God." I. John Ch4, 1-2.

And why if consulting with "familiar" spirits is so bad, did Jesus do the very same at the transfiguration, where Moses and Elias were clearly "spirits".

I am well aware that fundamentalists have crazy explanations for both of these questions of mine, answers which are just plain silly. For example in the case of John 4:1-2 they try to make out that this is not about "spirits" - dead guys - but about the holy spirit when it obviously is about dead false prophets. And the advise is to be careful. The advice is not to avoid talking to spirits. But to ask the spirits if they know Jesus. These days this particular advice is less useful, because every spirit has heard of Jesus, well virtually everyone. What we do if we are concerned is question them to see if they know of, and are following the Divine Love path. But its always easy to discern if the spirit is loving. Which spirits never tell you to "go do this and that." But mostly we never have any problems with deceptive spirits because we always insist that these be removed from our presence.

Some time ago, quite without knowing it was going to happen, I found myself in the presence of a channeler. I had previously heard him, and was unimpressed. In particular I was pretty certain the "Jesus" he claimed to speak for, was not genuine. So silently I insisted that no imposters be allowed. He could channel any spirit as far as I was concerned, but not any who claimed to be other than who they said. Curiously his "jesus" did not turn up on that occasion. I realise i was imposing on his free will. But I felt it fair, since I did not know he was going to turn up, and I have "rights" too. The next time he came to the meeting I just left. He can channel imposters if he so chooses.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

AlFike
New Friend

Postby AlFike » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:31 am

It seems Stafford that you want to argue about the veracity of the Bible compared to the Padgett messages. This could be a long and somewhat fruitless discussion if you are unwilling to give the prayer for Divine Love a try. Without the experience of receiving the Love, no number of quotes and retorts will satisfy your intellect. The practice of receiving the Divine Love through prayer and deep aspiration can only be verified by the act of asking God for this blessing. If you are open to this experience and feel the inflowing of God's Love into your soul, then we can talk semantics. First you have to take the leap of faith that maybe there is something to this teaching. Once you verify for yourself that it is real then something tells me that your conversation around it will change. Otherwise we are just jousting with words. Where does this get to when it comes to true spiritual growth? It only satisfies the ego and that my friend is why people are seeking outside of the orthodox Christian faith. They are looking for real experiences with God not a whole lot of dogma and rules. What say you? God bless....Al

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:43 am

Yes I would agree with what Al has said there. And add that we are not interested in arguments, even though I have answered in very great detail. These are all mindal stuff. You don't find God that way.

I have to say there is only one question worth asking: "Have you tried to experience the Divine Love?" Because I doubt that you have. And everything else is irrelevant.

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:09 am

Due to the infrequent nature of Stafford's visits to this site, coupled with the nature of his most recent post, I am forced to conclude he is a sophisticated troll, and not a serious follower of the messages. We have no interest in trying to alter other peoples belief system, and Stafford indeed is free to choose what he believes, and just like us, will either show spiritual gain, or spiritual neglect as a result of those choices. I am now going to lock this thread. I will leave it here, as it may interest curious readers.

love,
Geoff

Return to “General Discussion of the Padgett Messages”