Why should I believe these messages

A forum for general discussion of all things relating to the messages received by James Padgett and subsequent mediums, and which are hosted on this site.
staffordM
New Friend

Postby staffordM » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

I,m not sure if i,m in the right area to post this question but i have been studying the padgette messages for over a month now and find them very interesting.

1.How do you get over the fact that alot of what is said in the bible about jesus,what he said or did not say is incorrect when for years this is what i believed ,my parents believed and their parents etc.So if the bible is full of half truths how would i know with out a shadow of doubt that the same does not apply to these messages ?

Once again i apologize if i,m not in the right area to post this question it,s just that i needed to get it off my chest as i,m really on a search for the truth.

Zara Borthwick
Family

Postby Zara Borthwick » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:12 am

Hi Stafford and welcome

It is good that your search for truth has lead you here to investigate the messages that many spirits delivered through James Padgett, and other mediums. The key thing to keep in mind and heart, is that the message of all these messages, is about Love.

The Divine Love is separate and different to the natural love in which we all are participating - our parents and their forefathers, even before Jesus was born. This Love is something that we each can ask for and receive directly from God! Our prayers and aspirations go from our soul to God's Soul, and the Spirit delivers this Love into our soul and from that first drop, that Love is never taken from us. We can ask and receive and build on this one-to-one relationship with God for all eternity!

Now, the Bible and the Church are not one and the same thing. There are multitudes of versions of the Bible, interpretations that followers follow which come together under Churches or groups that differ greatly from one group to the next, one Church to the next. There is very little that can apply for one and all human souls, with so many different versions being praised or valued over the other. The key aspect here is that man/men have written what they believe the word of God is and have created systems - Churches - to service these beliefs. The material may be correct and universal for one and all human souls, but if they are not leading and teaching that one and all human souls can receive the Divine Love directly and that no soul is less worthy or entitled to receive this Love, then they are formed from a source of man and not God.

Your heart will hear the truth or value in the messages that you read. If you open your heart and ask God for this Love, allow yourself to feel this Love, then your soul and heart will guide you truthfully in what you are reading and questioning. Just keep in mind that you are a loved soul and God will fill your heart and soul with this Love if you ask.

I am sure that others will add to this discussion, and I hope that I have helped in answering what I know to be truthful and consistent, in harmony with love.

With love,
Zara

Zara Borthwick
Family

Postby Zara Borthwick » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:23 am

Hi Stafford,

I thought to add one more thing to your question. The one defining factor about reading the Padgett messages is that ones' understanding about Jesus and his relationship with God and with all other humans and spirits is clarified in context with God's Divine Love and the potential for all mortal souls to be a recipient of this Love.

Conventional religion such as Christian Bible based groups, cannot establish anything beyond the Holy Spirit and its function and why it exists. As you read the Padgett Messages, it will become evident the relationship between the Holy Spirit and the Divine Love of God and how these two distinct attributes function when in contact with the human soul. The key here is to understand that the Divine Love is true because we can feel it, which confirms the truths that Jesus and various spirits teach in the Padgett messages and why the Divine Love and our awareness of It never allows for one to fool themselves that such a thing is humanly made-up or created.

With love,
Zara

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:10 am

staffordM wrote:So if the bible is full of half truths how would i know with out a shadow of doubt that the same does not apply to these messages ?

Dear Stafford,

Welcome. And yes this is a very reasonable and excellent question. I will answer it at two levels.

1. You can test for yourself what is said, and what is the absolute core of the messages. That the Divine Love exists, and that you can personally feel it. If you do not find this to be true for you personally, I would not expect you to spend any more time on the messages.

2. We do not claim that the Padgett Messages are inherently any more accurate than any other best intentioned and most soul qualified communicator of God's Truths. So we do not claim that they are automatically without any error. But as best we can tell, they are exactly what James Padgett received 100 years ago.

The problem with communications in the New Testament, is because of a number of things. The first is that no attempt was made to record Jesus' teachings until about 50 years after his death. That is a huge hindrance. The second is that those attempts to record his teachings were made in different parts by different groups, and this led to some hundreds of old manuscripts. In the year 325ad, the New Testament was codified by calling as heretical all those not chosen to be included. If you study these things, you will find the biggest argument was around exactly who or what Jesus was. Two big camps were the "Divine being sent here by God" and the other "Human being who as a result of God's Grace became "special" or divine". The former won. But the next argument then was that God was no longer "One being". That was "solved" by the dogma of the trinity, although to this day it defies understanding.

As you can see I moved this to a new thread.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Joseph B
New Friend

Re: Why should I believe these messages

Postby Joseph B » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Dear Stafford,

I was quite taken with your question ...

"Why should I believe these messages?"

But first, WELCOME to this forum!

I really love your question because, as I see it, there is no 'should' involved in the messages recorded by James Padgett. The reading and investigation of the Padgett messages is all voluntarily done, and a personal matter of your free will.

I remember 6 years ago when I first started to read them, I felt that I did not want to put them down. I shared them with a close friend, and she stayed with them for perhaps a day or two. The fact that you said that you have been reading the Padgett material for a month or more amazes and pleases me. This is especially remarkable to me in that you evidently have a strong background in a Christian church. I did too; in fact I was an ordained Presbyterian minister (and pastor), and was born and raised within a background in the church.

What Geoff and Zara wrote to you contains many good points for you to ponder. The greatest thing to realize is this: Is the primary message concerning the Divine Love as taught by Jesus within the Padgett messages touching your heart and do you feel it calling to your soul? That is what happened to me. It took me many months, but I finally made a choice to follow wholeheartedly this call to my soul.

I hope you will return, Stafford, and talk to us more about your interest and questions regarding your reading of the Padgett messages. We are here to help in any way we can, including prayer.

With love,

Joseph

Soulfire
New Friend

Postby Soulfire » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:01 am

Stafford,
I am glad for you that you are a true truth seeker. So am I. To respond to where you seem to be, let me say that it really isn't up to us(editors and such "authorities" as it were) to answer such a question. We present our best edition of the truth, and others read it, and either the things written strike a chord of Truth in others souls, or they don't. You are the final arbiter, if you will. We cannot do it for you. Look no longer for leadership in your own personal spiritual search. You are your own man. Your soul will confide in you if a truth sits well with it or not. But sit with the question. Let it flow around you. Like when you taste a new wine in your mouth... Swish it around. Let it set on you and feel it well. Your soul perceptions will grow as you use them. Ours is not to buy into a set of rigid documents and associated beliefs as being wholly correct or totally false. One gets to be more discerning as the soul perceptions are exercised as such described. Hope this helps...been there. It's a moment to moment discernment for me dude. You are always welcome to further discuss this with me and others here. Keep asking the hard questions!
Peace.
"Love is the purpose, wisdom the means, and service the result."

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:26 pm

Dear Eric,

Good to see you on here. :howdie: :howdie: :howdie:

love,
Geoff

AlFike
New Friend

Postby AlFike » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:55 am

Hi Stafford. I am new to this site but like many who have communicated to you thus far, I have been a believer and practitioner of the Divine Love truth for many years. The awareness's of the Divine Love and the other things that are stated in the Padgett books are verified and made real by experience and soul perceptions. These are not intellectual matters. They are matters of the soul and therefore you need to have a little faith in the beginning until you have the experience of your soul awakening to the Divine Love pouring into it. Believe me, when this happens, you will not mistake it or pass it off as not being real. If your soul really wants this blessing, and I believe it does, then I suggest you put your doubts aside and pray to God to open your soul to a great inflowing of His Divine Love. This doesn't cost you anything, it is not a sacreligious act in the eyes of any church and there can only be the possibility that you have found a gift that will enhance your life and being more than you can imagine at this time.

The mind is always suspicious of new things and the more provocative the idea, the more suspicion takes hold. It really is a function of fear. What if all those things I was taught for so many years by not just ministers and the like but by the people I love are not true or stilted at the very least? This is scary stuff and I do not believe that any of us here has accepted this information without some doubts to its authenticity. Those who persisted and overcame their fears and tested the information have been rewarded by seeing a wonderful, joyous spiritual discovery . That they are truly loved by God. Who doesn't want to come to know God, the Creator in a personal way. The abstract becomes real and the Love that is conveyed to you is mind blowing. And blowing up your mind, in a sense, is what is required. We have been taught in our schools to first and foremost, be analytical thinkers. The solution is always in our heads. But I challenge you to take a step forward and try believing that true spirituality is in your heart. God is love. Believe this and the floodgates will open to your soul and all those universal questions will be answered in time and in a graceful interchange between you and God. The explanations can fill volumes but the true answer is deep within. If you do not feel God calling you from way in there, then you are not listening with your heart and the mind is keeping you from what you really desire. Redemption and love. Go for it Stanford. I'll pray that it happens for you. With much love......Al
Last edited by AlFike on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:29 am

{{{{Al}}}}

Good to see you on here,

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:56 am

By the way, so far Stafford has not returned to this board since the original post.

Geoff

Return to “General Discussion of the Padgett Messages”