Thoughts are things

A forum for general discussion of all things relating to the messages received by James Padgett and subsequent mediums, and which are hosted on this site.
Geoff
Site Admin

Thoughts are things

Postby Geoff » Wed May 09, 2012 10:44 pm

This throw away line is contained at least twice in the P Messages. Not until Judas added some detail, did we have much. But my finding "Always Karen" prompted me to collect together these bits of information on this paper:
Thoughts and Thought Forms

I don't think that is the "last word". Its a tricky subject, and it introduces the notion of consciousness, and that thoughts can have, or do have some level of consciousness. Actually I have considered that it is probably the case that everything "real" has consciousness. And that even things like Akashic records, probably have consciousness. I just "feel" thats how Father created it all?

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Tim
Old Friend

Re: Thoughts are things

Postby Tim » Thu May 10, 2012 3:26 pm

This is certainly a complex subject, but I think we can take it to the foundation and say that everything in our existence (our reality) is the product of thought. What exactly differentiates an idea from a “thought form”, I’m not sure, but if they’re not one in the same, I suspect that they’re of the same family. Back to the basics: something as simple as a number, letter or any basic symbol is an idea of its own (it has attributes and can be shared) that we have acquired through learning (the process of sharing and receiving ideas). I can’t say what the lowest thought may be, but I’m pretty sure that the highest thought is love, specifically Father’s. As we’ve heard many times before, it’s a thing of reality that has its own set of attributes, delivered by his active energy.

Do you recall what we learned from “Beyond the Himalayas” regarding ideas and creative energy? I think this is related too.

When I read Karen’s description of thought forms, my mind was instantly drawn to the process used to create a flower or an addition to a house as it was described in “Life in the World Unseen”. The creator first concentrates on the subject, assigns attributes to it and then “launches” it into existence (giving it permanence in their case). We do much the same thing here in the physical when we build things, essentially anything we use, but the process is much more labored.

I also think this is why we’ve heard that flowers make noises and music has color there. They’re examples of sensory packages. From what I’ve gathered, everything, even the atomic elements, has some level of consciousness.

Love in your direction,
Tim

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Thoughts are things

Postby Geoff » Thu May 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Dear Tim,

Thanks for those other reminders. Yes I am sure this is how the folks in "Life and Teachings" created things, as also the late Sai Baba. I also agree that everything is ultimately created by thought.

When I read Karen’s description of thought forms, my mind was instantly drawn to the process used to create a flower or an addition to a house as it was described in “Life in the World Unseen”. The creator first concentrates on the subject, assigns attributes to it and then “launches” it into existence (giving it permanence in their case). We do much the same thing here in the physical when we build things, essentially anything we use, but the process is much more labored.

Actually a reader of my booklet wrote me in response to this passage:

If you are really lucky, you may find a few who can “feel” your presence, and this will give you a big thrill, just as it will give them a thrill to know you are around. You may even be able to create a few “signs” that let folk know you are still around. Things like leaving a telltale cigar smell, or making a noise or two, or leaving your favourite flower where it will be seen, or perhaps by leaving a scent in the air. How they do those things? Frankly I don’t know.

So now I know, they create a thought form.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Return to “General Discussion of the Padgett Messages”