"Where Mountain Meets the Sea," by Jack King

This forum is a short description/review of spiritual books. Its not meant to be in-depth.
Sofia
New Friend

"Where Mountain Meets the Sea," by Jack King

Postby Sofia » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:47 pm

"Where Mountain Meets the Sea,by Jack King, is a magical, Native American inspired fantasy that celebrates brave choices and will appeal to a wide variety of readers. It is set on the top of a grand mesa in the four corners region of America’s southwest where Sani, a very old and very wise Navajo man, prepares his adopted granddaughter, Topangah, a young Native American, Tongva girl of twelve, to take her very special place among her people. With the help of a group of gathered spirit guides (Eagle, Buffalo, Bear, Sasq’ets, Wolf, Turtle, and Beaver), Sani introduces Topangah to the great teachings of the Anishinabek’s Seven Grandfathers, to help her learn important lessons about life, love, and leadership.

This book is strong in bringing forward Native American teachings in a simple story form. It is a touching story of the passing down through generations of traditional teachings. The story helps the reader to feel the ancient teachings that are almost lost and yet still savable with efforts. In our constant scurrying about in our material world delusions it reminds us what is truly important in the world. This book inspired me and moved me on a deep level. Even though I'm hardly a young adult myself. The language makes it easy to understand a deeper meaning in the world around us:

"As we watch Eagle, we begin to know what it means to walk the Beauty Way, to be in balance. He reminds us our great power - knowing who we are ..."

It is a book about life, love and leadership, sweetly inspired by Native American teachings, but reaches over any cultural and spiritual tradition.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/5172eOUm-EL.jpg

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: "Where Mountain Meets the Sea," by Jack King

Postby Geoff » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:52 pm

Thanks Sofia.

I just enjoyed a "thriller" with very strong psi elements in it, and I was amazed that the author kept to reality regarding the earth bounds and others that are around. It is "Forever Odd" by Dean Koontz.

hugs
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Sandy
New Friend

Postby Sandy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:48 am

Hi Geoff, Hi Sofia,

Sofia, I would love to read that book and will look into it as soon as I can. Thank you for that lovely review.

Geoff, How odd, Petra was just telling me about a book she was enjoying. I believe it is the same book you mentioned. :D

love to you both,
Sandy

Sofia
New Friend

Postby Sofia » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:58 pm

Geoff - Great tip. I will look at that book. Thanks!

Sofia
New Friend

Postby Sofia » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:59 pm

Sandy. You are most welcome :P

Return to “Spiritual Books”