The Afterlife of Billy Fingers

This forum is a short description/review of spiritual books. Its not meant to be in-depth.
Geoff
Site Admin

The Afterlife of Billy Fingers

Postby Geoff » Sun May 04, 2014 10:58 pm

As many people will know this is my favourite genre. Sadly however this book is so enigmatic, and so totally weird, that I am left in serious doubt as to whether it is genuine. I do not levy a charge of this nature lightly, but the only book that is remotely similar would be Letters from the Light. So why do I think this book is fraudulent?

Firstly Billy would have us believe that he had absolutely zero compensation for a life as a drug dealer and drug addict.

Secondly, he does not engage in any service activity whatsoever. Yet we know from dozens upon dozens of such books that while it's possible to be solitary, spiritual advancement is gained by service activities. It is precisely in such service that we learn to be loving. Billy's life was no example of a life full of loving behaviour yet he suggests he is a totally changed person after death, literally days or months later. We know that does not happen, people are unchanged by the death process.

Thirdly he seems to meet almost no one. And of one encounter he would have us believe the other party is made up of stars and planets.

Fourthly he claims to be able to exit and renter his body at will. Now we do know that the spiritual body which befits one for the seven spirit spheres cannot be thrown off. The astral body worn by earth bound spirits can, and is eventually discarded. It is true that compensation does not seem to occur in the astral plane, so does that make Billy an earth-bound spirit? While I considered this a possibility, Billy was 62 at the time of his death, and by his own admission, and indeed what I would expect from a life on drugs, his body was worn out. That means the astral body would also have been worn out.

Billy also claims reincarnation can occur. I don't see that as such a major criticism, simply because a very large number of both spirits and their teachers hang onto this illusion sometimes for thousands of years.

However I fail to see what real value anyone can get from this book. So, whether it is a fraud or not, my advice is to not buy it.

Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Earth Angel
New Friend

Re: The Afterlife of Billy Fingers

Postby Earth Angel » Mon May 19, 2014 9:52 pm

Thanks Geoff. I'm glad that I didn't buy it!!

I trust all is well with you. I know that it's been a while since I've communicated with anyone. Life changes . I did email Dave to let him know I'm doing awesome though. :D

Love, Barb

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu May 22, 2014 10:39 am

Dear Barb,

Good to hear from you. I am just back from the Australian Divine Love retreat, which was awesome, and we had five overseas folks there. Totally awesome.

hugs
Geoff

Earth Angel
New Friend

Postby Earth Angel » Thu May 22, 2014 11:24 am

So back to the book. I know that I have shared some quotes from the book on Facebook because they did ring true. In the DL teachings, we are taught that it's the message that's important and the messenger and all the "background noise' isn't. If that's the case then what message is he trying to communicate? I guess what I'm saying is, it's not important how we come to know Truth as long as we know it. It seems to me, and what I have shared, that Billy is at least trying to get a loving message out. On the other hand, maybe it's just a book to get the message out there that spirits communicate no matter what their situation was here or there. So if he found love after death but still hasn't redeemed himself fully, wouldn't that be what's more important? I guess I'm not one to worry about where a persons been but who a person is now.

Love, Barb

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu May 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Dear Barb,

Sadly I don't think its a message from spirit at all. And there is a great deal of untruth in that book. Straight new age stuff. Like it does not matter what you do, its just a choice, reincarnation, etc. Its got nothing about the spirit spheres. It might make some people who are living dreadful lives feel good, but it won't help them at all.

hugs
Geoff

Earth Angel
New Friend

Postby Earth Angel » Fri May 23, 2014 12:49 am

Dear Geoff,
Thanks for the clarification. Maybe the author knows what sells and is just trying to make it to stardom. :( In any case, I won't read it as I trust your judgment on these things. I've read quite a few books on your list so I know you to be a good reference on what's good and what I should stay away from.

I would have loved to go to the DL retreat but things have a way of giving me another path to follow at this time. The 100th anniversary would be nice but I'm back in school and I won't get a break long enough to go for quite some time. Oh well. As long as I share the love it doesn't matter where I am. :love:

Love and hugs,
Barb

Return to “Spiritual Books”