1941 publications

This forum is a short description/review of spiritual books. Its not meant to be in-depth.
Geoff
Site Admin

1941 publications

Postby Geoff » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:25 am

I have managed to buy one of these original publications of the Padgett material. It has become much harder, as a Print on demand copy is being used to spam the web, and there are so many "suppliers" of the hard copy 1941 Volume 1, that anyone with an original is going to have a problem cutting through the clutter.

Now if I can just find a 1941 paperback!!!!

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: 1941 publications

Postby Geoff » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:24 pm

I think I have just managed to buy the very elusive 1950 Vol I that had different typesetting. I wont know till I get my hands on it, so I have a wait of a few weeks.

Geoff

William
Old Friend

Postby William » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:29 am

Could you put up a photo Geoff? I would be interested to see what they look like.

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:39 am

William wrote:Could you put up a photo Geoff? I would be interested to see what they look like.

Dear Bill,

I already have all the information that I know of, on my site, here: Out of Print Padgett Volumes

The missing photo, is the one I think I have just bought. It is in the US library system, which is why I know anything at all about it, but this will be the first free copy, if it turns out to be the "one". Fortunately these books are so badly self-described, that typically used book sellers have no idea what they are selling. Although, that said, if they did a little bit of research, my site would tell them.

hugs
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:29 am

Geoff wrote:I think I have just managed to buy the very elusive 1950 Vol I that had different typesetting. I wont know till I get my hands on it, so I have a wait of a few weeks.

Geoff

Yup I have this very elusive volume. Previously we only knew of it, because Joan Warden managed to borrow it from the US Library system And yes, it has different typesetting. Think of that, the type setting was enormously expensive, yet the book was re-typeset at one point, and then those plates were never used again? Why? You can tell by comparing any page, as they don't line up the same. What makes this volume a bit untidy, is that Dr Stone obviously used the original book when writing his newer introductions, and refers to page numbers which towards the end of this volume are wrong. Because of the typesetting differences.

Also frustrating is the book has no date of publication and no publisher information. This might well be a volume Victor Summers came by, because he complained of that very thing. The original owner of this copy (Winnifred Coleman, of Sudbury has pasted Dr Stones address inside the cover, so that she would not lose that info.

We think this is a 1950 volume, but its a guess. The good news is also that because of this lack of info, you could buy this book cheaply, because the seller wont know what it is. Equally you do need to know a few things about it to identify it, like the page count.

hugs
Geoff

Return to “Spiritual Books”