Always Karen by Jeanne Walker

This forum is a short description/review of spiritual books. Its not meant to be in-depth.
Geoff
Site Admin

Always Karen by Jeanne Walker

Postby Geoff » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:18 am

This I expected to be a "nice" book about the after death experiences of a beautiful 19 year old girl who died of cancer. Its not in print any longer, and unfortunately still under copyright (1975). That means copies can be expensive (but under $100), and also means its probably not a book many people have read. The more is the pity. It can be found here.

I am absolutely blown away by the information in this book on the topic of thought forms - a subject that is very rarely even mentioned, and I have never found discussed. It is also in my view, very sound on the subject of reincarnation, and in this it introduces an approach also not often found. It also discusses possession by those so determined to reincarnate that they attach themselves to a physical body and deprive the real incarnate of a life experience. I truly wish I could share this book as a pdf. It's not really about life after death, and probably should be in another of my favourite book lists. But her mother, Jeanne, who was very concerned about proving that the communications were genuine, takes up a lot of the book with that aspect.

The book also was published more recently (in 1995) than "Always Karen" under the title "More Alive Than Ever... Always, Karen". These copies can be many hundreds of dollars secondhand. I have now established that the more recent book, which is the same size, and follows the same path through the same material, has been substantially improved. There is far less of the "proofs" that the author obviously needed, and a better flow to the material. If you are a very serious researcher, the later book is worth the substantially more money it costs. If you are a casual reader, this book is fine. The second book makes plain that thoughtforms created in the astral plane or from the spirit spheres can be made to have effect here. That is a significant point, and explains many things that I have wondered about.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

William
Old Friend

Re: Always Karen by Jeanne Walker

Postby William » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:24 am

You got me in Geoff. I am going to have to find that book now. :D

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Well its a goodie.

love,
Geoff

Tim
Old Friend

Postby Tim » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:01 pm

OK, I'm sold. I've enjoyed your other recommendations so far. I've got a copy arriving on loan and I'm looking forward to checking it out. :)

Love and I hope you're having a great day,
Tim

Tim
Old Friend

Postby Tim » Mon May 07, 2012 3:56 pm

I’ve now read the original version of the book and while reading it, I couldn’t help but think about what a gem it is. I hadn’t felt that good about reading a spiritual book since the Borgia series and I devoured it rather quickly. When the book began discussion regarding quantity/quality and subsequently thought forms, there was a lot of good information there, but I think it started to lose me as a reader and I waded through that and it seemed to sprint to the finish from there.

As described, the process of creating a thought form was fairly methodical although somewhat tough for me to wrap my head around. I kept falling back to an analogy of email and the way it’s used to combine subject, body and attachments. While not specifically called “thought form”, this concept of packaging ideas and information and sharing them directly, quickly (or time-delayed) with another individual else has appeared in a number of other books, but not in such detail.

Karen refers to one of the “Betty books” that Jean had read prior (pretty sure it was “The Unobstructed Universe” – I too had read this prior) and that gave Jean the ability to relay what she was able to as a medium. This, once again, hammers home what I’ve read many times over - that it’s easier to relay an idea from spirit if the pieces of it already exist in the receiver’s mind. A well-read medium is a great resource.

Jean’s process of validating the source of her automatic writing was reassuring. Personally, I enjoyed the multiple and spectacular “hits” that she and Tom received through the medium, (Rev.) George Daisley. A great body of evidence occurred prior to her realization that she could receive messages directly and once she began there, she continued to get reassurance about the source of her automatic writing through information that was relayed by George.

The descriptions of quality of consciousness and quantity were interesting although the concepts weren’t necessarily new. I can’t directly refer to either (I don’t have the book in front of me), but quality of consciousness is apparently the individual’s capacity to gather “quantity” and quantity seems to be synonymous with the individual’s natural love state. Karen used these as guides to give examples how they (those around her in spirit) viewed moral decisions involving subjects like euthanasia, suicide, etc.

In retrospect, I didn’t encounter many things, nothing I can pinpoint, that stood out as inconsistent with what I’ve found elsewhere. I did enjoy the information on reincarnation. I couldn’t recall what Geoff had said about how the book presented it, so I was wary when I saw it was mentioned (and that it would be discussed later) about mid-book. Karen later goes on to explain why it shouldn’t be considered and how those who strongly believe in it are able to support their belief by potentially damaging others. I was satisfied with her conclusion that it should be avoided.

Both Karen and Jean are fairly descriptive and it was a joy to read their accounts, especially the (sometimes) comical first approaches Jean and Tom took toward finding a good medium. There was a decent emotional roller coaster with exchanges of humor and sadness. The style of the book was fairly unique too as Jean and Karen would trade authorship of chapters giving added perspective to the whole process of Karen’s death and discovery.

Love & blessings your way,
Tim

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon May 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Dear Tim,

Thanks for your comprehensive review. I agreed with all that. But in particular:

Tim wrote:The descriptions of quality of consciousness and quantity were interesting although the concepts weren’t necessarily new. I can’t directly refer to either (I don’t have the book in front of me), but quality of consciousness is apparently the individual’s capacity to gather “quantity” and quantity seems to be synonymous with the individual’s natural love state. Karen used these as guides to give examples how they (those around her in spirit) viewed moral decisions involving subjects like euthanasia, suicide, etc.

I found this hard, and even somewhat "useless" as a concept. It sort of felt like something significant was missing from the explanation, and just occasionally she said that one could be converted into the other, and then I was lost. However I was fascinated to read exactly what I understand to be the case. That on death our POSITIVE experiences are absorbed by Gaia, and are the way in which Gaia is growing into a "time/space deity". Apparently that is also a critical part of the way this planet must evolve, and the relative "strength" of Gaia will ensure our progression. So I can accept that she forms a backdrop to our spiritual platform here. The book however never mentions "Gaia", or any such being. But it certainly indicates that our experiences are "recycled".

love,
Geoff

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:49 am

I am now offering the latest version of this book here:

http://new-birth.net/other-stuff/books- ... ks/#e_mate

citizengabriel
New Friend

Postby citizengabriel » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:37 pm

Does anyone know if Rev George Daisley is still alive on earth..Also Iam searching for a signed copy of "Always, Karen" by Jeanne Walker. Any help would greatly appreciated..Namaste, JohnCothes [johngbhost1948 at yahoo.com]

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:34 am

Had a look at my copy. It was owned by a Karen, but no endorsement by the author. Your search could be expensive. Copies are very pricey.

hugs
Geoff

Chelsea4
New Friend

Postby Chelsea4 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:07 pm

:banana: :D I found this book in my hometown library a few years back and and absolutely gripped by it! I'm astounded to find others who've been fortunate enough to find it. Its beyond great.

Return to “Spiritual Books”