The Urantia Book

This forum is a short description/review of spiritual books. Its not meant to be in-depth.
Geoff
Site Admin

The Urantia Book

Postby Geoff » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:50 am

2000 pages of very fine print. This is a massive work. It has four major sections, The Central and Super Universes, The Local Universe, The History of Urantia (Earth) and the Life and teachings of Jesus.

It is called a cosmology, because it describes the universe, and all that is in it. It is not really a religious book, but it is certainly a spiritual book.

It contains arguably, more material on Jesus than you will find elsewhere. I say arguably, because on another web site I am associated with we have a large amount of material.

This is book that almost defies description. Probably more than half of it contains material that can be found nowhere else.

It is not easy to read. I wish it were written in a simpler style. I can well understand people giving it away. If you are not a good reader, with a very good command of English, it could be hard work. There are however many study groups, and it is probably easier to study it that way, in the company of others who know the book. many people suggest you need to read it a few times to really get into it.

Many people will tell you that part four is the part they liked most.
All of the Urantia Book is on the web, with good word search facilities.

A great deal of what we talk about on this site comes from, or is substantiated by, the Urantia Book. The Lucifer Rebellion, and Thought Adjusters, is very well covered in that book.
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Return to “Spiritual Books”