Through The Mists - R J Lees Chapter 3 A Prismatic Landscape

Discussions of Through the Mists, Life Elysian and The Gate of Heaven
Amanda Stracey
New Friend

Through The Mists - R J Lees Chapter 3 A Prismatic Landscape

Postby Amanda Stracey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Here are some observations and questions

1. Fred is aware that an emotional change has occurred - he was not an enthusiastic person on earth but now he has become full of curiosity and questions. Is it true to say that one of the effects of losing the physical body and passing through the mists is that emotions are heightened?

2.He was perfectly happy to stay where he was - perhaps he could not imagine anything better than his current surroundings.

3. The attraction of the soul back to earth/physical body/mourning friends is strong expecially if you have passed suddenly. This reminds me that often people die when all the relatives have gone home, as if they now have the opportunity to leave in peace. So grief seems to keep the soul attached/attracted in some way.

4.Fred is struck by the beauty of the landscape and that the stones and trees and flowers throb with vitality. He is very moved by this and the rest that it offers to those who have suffered on earth. Another proof of a loving creator.

5. He observes many coloured paths leading to different places. Darker tones seem to lead to lower "depressed" places and there is one straight road to a place of white purity.

6. His life becomes increasingly joyful as Helen brings more friends to meet him.

7. Fred continues with a great desire for knowledge, ask questions and receive knowledge from people who are more knowledgeable than him.

Then we have the centre piece of the chapter and I'm going to list what I saw as examples of God's truths, I'm hoping others will chip in to expand what I've said or bring other truths to our attention.

1. Overwhelm on entering the spirit world seems to be part of God's plan. I'm guessing that the effect it produces in anyone with an open mind is to do what Fred did and lay aside all your previous beliefs, observe, ask and receive answers. It also creates a desire for learning.

2.God appoints rulers/subordinates to rule over the different locations. These rulers are of high spiritual development.

3. Earth is an elementary stage/nursery of the soul. The purpose of the earth life is to ground the soul in the practical principles of love.

4. The soul has the ability to develop unendingly.

5. There are many locations in the spirit world, some lower and some higher.

6.Love is the only study in the spirit world.

7.Knowledge (Divine love and truth?) is only revealed as the soul condition progresses.

8. God has designed a process "The Way" for our eternal progression.

9. God's laws both spiritual and physical are all based on reason/logic.

10. Heaven/glory is not obtained by believing certain things/saying creeds/believing in Jesus as saviour.

11. Forgiveness is dependent upon repentance.

12. Repentance alone does not change the true man/the soul. Religions that teach that by repenting the soul is saved do not teach that there are consequences of our sinful actions on our soul.

13. God expects obedient love and brotherly affection. There is commensurate "punishment" for each violation.

14. The Bible needs a critical and scholarly interpretation or it will be used to reinforce or prop up erroneous beliefs.

15. The Bible does not represent the final and entire message of God to man.

16. All men are responsible for their own deliberate acts and motives but all consequent punishment/pain is remedial and not vindictive.

17. God is able to communicate with all of us as well as the people who wrote the Bible and other works.

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Through The Mists - R J Lees Chapter 3 A Prismatic Lands

Postby Geoff » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:06 am

Amanda Stracey wrote:Here are some observations and questions

1. Fred is aware that an emotional change has occurred - he was not an enthusiastic person on earth but now he has become full of curiosity and questions. Is it true to say that one of the effects of losing the physical body and passing through the mists is that emotions are heightened?

There is value in analysing one person's experiences, but a danger in drawing too much out of them. Because almost every single person will have a different experience passing over. And so, the only way you get a half-decent answer, is to read of many such experiences, and even then, you cannot predict what your own will be. This is not the right place for a full explanation, and I tried to provide a short one here

Amanda Stracey wrote:2.He was perfectly happy to stay where he was - perhaps he could not imagine anything better than his current surroundings.
Again, the individuals have unique experiences. These vary from those that pass to hospitals unconscious, to those that will not leave the astral plane (borderland) I think those that pass to arrivals areas, as Fred did, have the easiest and nicest arrival. And yes, its common to mention it is the greatest experience in the life of that individual. Sadly of course, some folks depart the arrival's area for less salubrious surroundings. As did Judas.

Amanda Stracey wrote:3. The attraction of the soul back to earth/physical body/mourning friends is strong especially if you have passed suddenly. This reminds me that often people die when all the relatives have gone home, as if they now have the opportunity to leave in peace. So grief seems to keep the soul attached/attracted in some way.
You will read later of the problems of grief in those left behind. And, as i read just this week, that grief is a reflection of lack of faith.

Amanda Stracey wrote:4.Fred is struck by the beauty of the landscape and that the stones and trees and flowers throb with vitality. He is very moved by this and the rest that it offers to those who have suffered on earth. Another proof of a loving creator.
This observation is common.

Amanda Stracey wrote:5. He observes many coloured paths leading to different places. Darker tones seem to lead to lower "depressed" places and there is one straight road to a place of white purity.
This "analogy" is unique in books I have read. Whether this "place" exists quite like that, I dont know. But it was something he saw.

Amanda Stracey wrote:6. His life becomes increasingly joyful as Helen brings more friends to meet him.
Since joy=love, that should be no surprise.

Amanda Stracey wrote:7. Fred continues with a great desire for knowledge, ask questions and receive knowledge from people who are more knowledgeable than him.
As we see later, his mother did not have that desire. Later you learn that Fred is a real seeker - its innate in him.

Amanda Stracey wrote:1. Overwhelm on entering the spirit world seems to be part of God's plan. I'm guessing that the effect it produces in anyone with an open mind is to do what Fred did and lay aside all your previous beliefs, observe, ask and receive answers. It also creates a desire for learning.
There is no one approach, Father's plan manages to create unique circumstances perfectly adapted to every individual, even if it means 50 years in the Astral Plane, hanging about your old Earth haunts. However, if you read the books where the Anglican/Catholic cleric Hugh Benson is channeled by Anthony Borgia, he gives up a lifetime of beliefs in about ten minutes.

Amanda Stracey wrote:2.God appoints rulers/subordinates to rule over the different locations. These rulers are of high spiritual development.
Yes, everything is organised and managed. But they don't "rule" rather they "are available to help"

Amanda Stracey wrote:3. Earth is an elementary stage/nursery of the soul. The purpose of the earth life is to ground the soul in the practical principles of love.
Pretty much pre-school. It should serve better./

Amanda Stracey wrote:4. The soul has the ability to develop unendingly.
Indeed.

Amanda Stracey wrote:5. There are many locations in the spirit world, some lower and some higher.
Judas described these better than most, and I summarised them here.

Amanda Stracey wrote:6.Love is the only study in the spirit world.
No its not. There are two paths, the natural love and the divine love. The only path where folks seek love to the exclusion of all else, is the Divine Love path. In the other path, there are many "mental" folks acquiring knowledge just the way we did here.

Amanda Stracey wrote:7.Knowledge (Divine love and truth?) is only revealed as the soul condition progresses.
No, as mentioned above, but in the Dl path, knowledge arrives without effort.

Amanda Stracey wrote:8. God has designed a process "The Way" for our eternal progression.
Well he has provided a choice really, its then up to you.

Amanda Stracey wrote:9. God's laws both spiritual and physical are all based on reason/logic.
Probably. But being hierarchical, you can only learn the function of higher levels, by progressing. So reason alone will not reveal them.

Amanda Stracey wrote:10. Heaven/glory is not obtained by believing certain things/saying creeds/believing in Jesus as saviour.
Belief has no value per se.

Amanda Stracey wrote:11. Forgiveness is dependent upon repentance.
This is a complex subject. Correctly, forgiveness is forgetfulness, meaning when the past deed has no emotional content, you have been forgiven, because you have forgotten the emotional load that it once carried. But the very start of this path is being sorry, and then compensating. Compensation proper does not start till you are sorry. But, the compensation can be lessened,or removed by praying for Divine Love, as it is a higher Law, and can remove the things from the soul, upon which the Law of Compensation applies.

Amanda Stracey wrote:12. Repentance alone does not change the true man/the soul. Religions that teach that by repenting the soul is saved do not teach that there are consequences of our sinful actions on our soul.
I think it may be more correct that they teach forgiveness is automatic. But it is not, the mortal has to change. This change occurs during repentance, until that individual has changed at the thought level. It is possible to complete compensation on earth.

Amanda Stracey wrote:13. God expects obedient love and brotherly affection. There is commensurate "punishment" for each violation.
No, I don't think He does. He just loves. Without any conditions upon us. But, He designed a universe where love is supreme. There is no punishment, but when you act against one of His Laws, there is a result, and the result may mean you are out of harmony, and thus the result may be unpleasant. Its not punishment, because it exists only as long as you are in that condition. Its just a reaction to what you are. Its also true to state that hell is where sinful beings are in harmony. That the state of "harmony" is unpleasant, is how it is.

Amanda Stracey wrote:14. The Bible needs a critical and scholarly interpretation or it will be used to reinforce or prop up erroneous beliefs.
There are things in the Bible that cannot be used in any way as teaching, because those words did not come to us from God. But, it is quite surprising, as we often see in these books, how a different perspective can reveal a truth that has eluded men for 2000 years.

Amanda Stracey wrote:15. The Bible does not represent the final and entire message of God to man.
Correct. Nothing ever will. In my understanding there have been uncountable revelations, but even as "major" revelations, there have been a number.

Amanda Stracey wrote:16. All men are responsible for their own deliberate acts and motives but all consequent punishment/pain is remedial and not vindictive.
Well except its not punishment. Its the action-reaction concept.

Amanda Stracey wrote:17. God is able to communicate with all of us as well as the people who wrote the Bible and other works.
I would go further and claim that God has His Voice within every one of us.
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Amanda Stracey
New Friend

Postby Amanda Stracey » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:19 am

Geoff My intention was to restate what was written in the chapter and it was interesting to me that the word punishment was used quite a few times......I thought this was strange but wanted to restate what I felt was said. What do you feel about the use of the word punishment in the chapter?

Geoff
Site Admin

Postby Geoff » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:26 am

Amanda Stracey wrote:Geoff My intention was to restate what was written in the chapter and it was interesting to me that the word punishment was used quite a few times......I thought this was strange but wanted to restate what I felt was said. What do you feel about the use of the word punishment in the chapter?

Dear Amanda,

It reflects a lack of development of either Aphraar, or his teachers. Or even the medium. Someone has it wrong.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Return to “Lees books”