Through the Mists - R J Lees Chapter 5 The Home of Rest

Discussions of Through the Mists, Life Elysian and The Gate of Heaven
Amanda Stracey
New Friend

Through the Mists - R J Lees Chapter 5 The Home of Rest

Postby Amanda Stracey » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:15 pm

The chapter starts with Fred desiring to reflect on everything that has happened to him so far and to "digest" all the feelings he has had about where he is and what he has seen. He makes the point that in the past when he has needed to connect to God and himself he has gone into Westminster Abbey and soaked up the atmosphere, helping him to makes his confession - I read this as feeling what he really feels and repenting - and receiving God's forgiveness. He does mention the power of being in and close to nature in allowing us to connect with God or creating the right conditions to help us with that connection. So now when he wants to connect, he is drawn towards a beautiful outdoor grove in a park where he can reflect and contemplate.

The mossy bed underneath the tree seems to have an amazing effect on him...I'm not sure whether it is his connection with God, his inward digestion of the truths, the receipt of Divine Love or all three or just something amazing really amazing about the moss and the tree that does the trick. He definitely starts regaining strength, becoming younger, getting more gifts/capabilities and overallan expansion of his soul that he definitely feels and is aware. Do we think this can only happen in the spirit world and how/why has it happened? If you have any theories I'd love to know? I suppose there is a rather big clue when he says he thirsted for the "life-exalting stream" - to me that's got to be Divine Love? Again have any of you had an experience of DL like this and felt younger, more invigorated and with an expanded, more loving soul?

Eventually he falls asleep, for some time but he doesn't remember how long and wakes up with the knowledge that his appearance has changed, not only does he feel younger but his spirit body reflects this with wrinkles gone, grey hairs repaired and more vitality. All weariness and disappointment have left him, and so he feels that he will never need to sleep again. He then goes on to describe sleep and to use it as an example fo drawing out one of God's attributes, his lack of favouritism, his love for all of us regardless of what we have done etc.

He then goes on to meet Cushna.

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: Through the Mists - R J Lees Chapter 5 The Home of Rest

Postby Geoff » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:48 am

Amanda Stracey wrote: He definitely starts regaining strength, becoming younger, getting more gifts/capabilities and overallan expansion of his soul that he definitely feels and is aware. Do we think this can only happen in the spirit world and how/why has it happened? If you have any theories I'd love to know? I suppose there is a rather big clue when he says he thirsted for the "life-exalting stream" - to me that's got to be Divine Love? Again have any of you had an experience of DL like this and felt younger, more invigorated and with an expanded, more loving soul?

Dear Amanda,

This experience is again a common one for those just arriving in spirit. I would like to think that he is referring to Divine Love, but would not draw that conclusion myself. On the other hand, you do feel wonderful, when "infused" with Divine Love.

love,
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Return to “Lees books”