The Man Who Could Fly: St. Joseph of Copertino

We will use this forum to post question and answer discussions about various books. This is where in-depth discussion will take place
Sofia
New Friend

The Man Who Could Fly: St. Joseph of Copertino

Postby Sofia » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:16 pm

I'm fascinated by this book. 'The Man Who Could Fly and the Mystery of Levitation by Michael Grosso Ph.D.

When we open up to a spiritual life, we also expand our minds to what is possible and what we are capable of, beyond a materialistic and mechanical world view. For most of us there are however limits to how far we are willing to go in our beliefs in human capacity. When I read 'The Man Who Could Fly: St. Joseph of Copertino and the Mystery of Levitation,' I felt my belief system was challenged further. The levitations of St. Joseph of Copertino is so well documented it stretches the imagination. Most thrilling perhaps that those that went out of their way to disapprove his abilities, also ended up testifying that they were real.

Was there really a man who could fly? Michael Grosso makes the case that it was, and he does so in the most elegant way. We get to follow the life of St. Joseph of Copertino, who was an interesting character enough, even if he hadn't levitated. Interwoven with St. Joseph's life is Grosso's in depth ideas of the human consciousness and human abilities. What I take with me from this book, apart from being a thourougly enjoyable and well written, is a deeper belief that mind really do shape matter.

Great read. Anyone else who read it?

Here's an inteview with Michael about the book:

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbgeQT-ZbGM[/url]

Geoff
Site Admin

Re: The Man Who Could Fly: St. Joseph of Copertino

Postby Geoff » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:27 pm

Hi Sofia,

I have not read it, but do already accept that this has happened, and that it is possible. The late Sai Baba used to materialise things, and a lot of people still to this day believe he was no more than a trickster. Yet we received a message to confirm that he did master the Law of Creation. Curiously that same message indicated he was not nearly as spiritually advanced as i had thought.

hugs
Geoff
Love commands the universe. Man only resorts to control when love is missing.

Return to “Book Discussions”